• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
New Anime & Manga DCC!

kcUnd7s.gif

Follow site and section rules. Keep lewd to a minimum. Limits are PG-13 and nothing absurdly suggestive. Rule breakers will be suplexed over the wall like so:

O6Z6ep1.gif

Have fun, and enjoy!

NISO76l.gif

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Do I have to post a gif as well? Don't have anything at hand atm, so have a bit of Vegeta.
1460204938593irp8n.gif

Spoiler:

Years
What the hell is Vegeta even doing in that picture.

I haven't even started summer season outside of Bananya. I've spent the past two weeks catching up on my Toonami backlog. I've got 8 episodes in my long-running shonen backog now (Finishing off original Naruto and then resuming Dragon Ball after finishing Naruto) and finish my unfinished shows backlog from last season before jumping into shows this season.

TL;DR: I'm not watching anything yet from Summer 2016 that doesn't feature a cat inside a banana peel.

That does give me an idea: an anime gif spam thread.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
I finished Sakamoto a bit ago. I loved it so much, but heard there's theories behind the ending and they seem to be pretty creepy or something. shiver. First anime that I've completed in quuuuite a while, so I'm glad I did. Starting on more soon, yay.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Watching a few things.

Danganronpa 3's a must, and this first episode absolutely killed it...aaaand basically confirmed that you need to play both 1 and 2 to watch pretty much either of the two parts. Wasn't all too interested in the Mirai-hen, but the first episode wasn't bad at all. And there's no source material, so I doubt it'll be as rushed as the original.

Taboo Tattoo I'm following for reasons listed in the other thread. It's got wonky direction and some of the animation and...not animation appears to have been done in Premiere and After Effects. So that's fun.

Shokugeki S2 (which I just caught up to yesterday). It's Shokugeki, no real explanation needed.

Mob 100 is a crazy Gainax wannabe from the creator of OPM and it shows- not that that's a bad thing. Quite enjoyed the first episode, myself, so this one's looking like a follow. Colors.

Fukigen na Mononoke, Amaama to Inazuma, New Game, and Nejimaki have my passing interest, and I'll give Relife a poke.

Lessee...haven't touched Handa-kun yet, but I liked Barakamon a fair bit so it's definitely on my poke list.

And as far as continuing: Dragon Ball Super (which is pretty fun, at the moment), Re:Zero (still on episode 10), and Ace Attorney (which just entered Justice for All and...though I worry about the animation, that opening does inspire some hope. Trials and Tribulations hype).

Good stuff. Good stuff all around.

Oh, right, and of course, Bananya. Of course.

Years
I watched the first couple of new Souma eps.

My first anime in 2 weeks!

Manga readers are saying we're in for one of the better arcs in the series this season.

I finished Sakamoto a bit ago. I loved it so much, but heard there's theories behind the ending and they seem to be pretty creepy or something. shiver. First anime that I've completed in quuuuite a while, so I'm glad I did. Starting on more soon, yay.

Episode 13 is apparently being showed at a special screening in September since it got bumped off the air for a week because of earthquakes in part of Japan. Keep an eye out for that.

Don't need any reasons to watch some banana peel cats.

Is the title a Cowboy Bebop reference?

Yes, but butchered to say goodbye to double posts.

Also, it would appear Iron Blooded Orphans is getting a Season 2:

https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalportal/posts/1041026592600149:0

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
So I watched this one show with a friend where the characters travel via trains and after finishing that show we randomly picked yet another one with a train. And both shows are kind of trainwreckish so I guess nothing good ever comes out of trains
Spoiler:

Though as dumb and ridiculous as Kabaneri is, I have to say it's really entertaining, and we were glued to the screen. Those Kabane are so hilarious when they scream and fly through the air, even suiciding against the train. But the selling point in my case is pretty much the artstyle, which is so ironic. The designed is known for his work for Macross, and now he designed characters for another show the same season a new Macross aired (that had pretty bland designs)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Watching a few things.

Danganronpa 3's a must, and this first episode absolutely killed it...aaaand basically confirmed that you need to play both 1 and 2 to watch pretty much either of the two parts. Wasn't all too interested in the Mirai-hen, but the first episode wasn't bad at all. And there's no source material, so I doubt it'll be as rushed as the original.

Taboo Tattoo I'm following for reasons listed in the other thread. It's got wonky direction and some of the animation and...not animation appears to have been done in Premiere and After Effects. So that's fun.

Shokugeki S2 (which I just caught up to yesterday). It's Shokugeki, no real explanation needed.

Mob 100 is a crazy Gainax wannabe from the creator of OPM and it shows- not that that's a bad thing. Quite enjoyed the first episode, myself, so this one's looking like a follow. Colors.

Fukigen na Mononoke, Amaama to Inazuma, New Game, and Nejimaki have my passing interest, and I'll give Relife a poke.

Lessee...haven't touched Handa-kun yet, but I liked Barakamon a fair bit so it's definitely on my poke list.

And as far as continuing: Dragon Ball Super (which is pretty fun, at the moment), Re:Zero (still on episode 10), and Ace Attorney (which just entered Justice for All and...though I worry about the animation, that opening does inspire some hope. Trials and Tribulations hype).

Good stuff. Good stuff all around.

Future Trunks brought back the hype, future trunks always brings the hype. Sunday's ep is gonna be so damn good. As for Ace Attorney, they skipped two trials so far, not exactpy happy, but I guess the tutorial trial would make no sense in the Anime. Pearl is Kawaii Uguu to the extreme though, dunno if I can handle tje later stuff involving her heartbreak

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
So I've finished Kabaneri. The similarity with Attack on Titan isn't even a joke, they recycled so much, even manga plot they haven't adapted yet lol.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019

Watching some Freezing, the anime, since i randomly found some images in a random google search that somehow ticked my fancy. Then i checked when was it aired and the first season was at 2011 and the season came 2 years later. Somehow, the 2011's anime did have something in them that I can't describe yet.

A bit fanservicey? Well i saw it coming from the google searches but I do love some of that Humans vs Aliens themes in animes.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Watching a few things.

Pretty much the reason I haven't touched it yet. Will do it once I've played through the second game haha. Now that it is out on steam, I really don't see a reason not to give it a go. :b Hope I grab it for a cheap price tho. me poor

I know exactly what you mean now that I have seen episode 1 haha. Still haven't gotten around to watching the rest of the episodes that are out now but it was definitely somewhat fun.
And I saw some tits nice onee-sans in the OP. I'm probably gonna follow it.

of course. SHOKUGEKI HYPE!!!

Same.

Amaama is arguably my favorite show this season. Just too friggin cute. And the whole parent-child relationship just tugs at my heartstrings. The fact that Tsumugi is voiced by the same girl who voiced Naru in Barakamon helps, too. <3;

This series is TOTALLY unlike what Barakamon was. So don't go in expecting the same kind of content. Barakamon, despite being a comedy, was a really amazing healing animu too. This is pure comedy. :b

Watching DBS here, too. And really enjoying it. I FUCKING HATE Goku's and Gohan's japanese voice. All the other characters sound great, though. You should catch up on Re:Zero though. It'd be interesting to hear your opinion on some of the latest episodes XD;

Watching some Freezing, the anime, since i randomly found some images in a random google search that somehow ticked my fancy. Then i checked when was it aired and the first season was at 2011 and the season came 2 years later. Somehow, the 2011's anime did have something in them that I can't describe yet.

A bit fanservicey? Well i saw it coming from the google searches but I do love some of that Humans vs Aliens themes in animes.
Freezing was REALLY enjoyable tbh. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Nice art and a decent story = fun watch. The manga is much better though. Had already read the manga by the time Season 2 came out. Hence I found second season to mostly be a really fucked up version of the story - they destroyed a specific arc and things just didn't have the same impact as it did in the manga.

Edit: Also, lol @ "random google image search". I think we all can probably guess what that "random" image search consisted of haha XD;
Talking of the Freezing OP though - I love it. It is an amazing opening. Both the song and the visuals are fantastic. Fell in love with the song since the first time I heard it >:3

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I was looking for some fanart that was used in a youtube thumbnail then i somehow ended up seeing artwork and screencaps of Freezing.

Maybe it was totally that Satellizer x Ganessa picture of them together that got me to watching the show to see what I'll be dwelling in for a couple of days. Of course said image should stay where i found it ;)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I think i found something that would pass the time for me, especially since I like me some Nazi killing action so..

First Squad: The Moment of Truth
First_Squad_poster.jpg

something more for me. The Eastern front of the World War II were Nazi Germany invades Russia, then their Nazi heads and dicks get blown off by a bunch of super powered teenagers. Yep. my kind of show or movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back