• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any types you don't use together?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I generally don't use an Electric type and Fire type on the same team. Too many shared weaknesses. I also don't tend to use Grass types at all which probably stems from my first gen origins where all but one Grass type was also a Poison type and that made it Psychic bait.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I generally don't use an Electric type and Fire type on the same team. Too many shared weaknesses. I also don't tend to use Grass types at all which probably stems from my first gen origins where all but one Grass type was also a Poison type and that made it Psychic bait.

Being a Yellow player, I know all too well the Grass hatred. In fact I avoid using Grass if they weren't so damn necessary for Cut, hence I typically use Bulbasaur for just that reason(Cut, Toxic, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf). For me though, I try not to mix Grass and Bug(ironically Paras has both Types!). Both share Fire, Flying and Poison weakness(at least in Gen 1, not so in future Generations) and several Bug Pokemon also have Poison Typing(like the majority of Kanto Grass Types(making them vulnerable to Ground and Psychic at the expense of reducing Poison damage a bit)).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I've never had a typing problem to be honest.

I can usually come up with something to make any pair a good team.

Years
I often don't like sharing Bug with Grass, especially with how many weaknesses both those types share. I also don't tend to use Rock and Ground at the same time, especially since they can get access to each other's moves e.g. Rock Slide and Earthquake.

Years
Not that I have anything against them, but it's very rare that I have an Electric, Poison, Rock, or Ground type Pokemon in my team. I like using moves of those types, I just usually put them on other typed Pokemon for coverage instead,\.

Years
I end up using most types as I try and make sure that the teams I make end up having type variety. I don't think I use Dragon types as much as I'd like though.

Years
I try to vary my teams, but I never use Bug with Grass or Rock with Ground. Both sets just share too many weaknesses. TBH, I just don't use many Rock types to begin with.

Back