• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone have a copy of Elite Battle System I can download?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2019
Luka SJ is no longer offering downloads of any of his programs on his website; does anyone have the files on their computer that is willing to share them? That would be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
Anyone figure out how to get that to work? It doesn't seem to have all the information needed to get it working, unless I'm just not doing something right. I can't seem to access the battle scripts data within it.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
Luka's resources page on his website has an upload of the EBS file
You just need to install Luka's Utilities above the EBS installation.
I installed the PBS files from elsewhere and updated the essentials PBS files.
But when I uploaded the scripts to the RPG maker and playtested it started showing me different errors like
Name Error
uninitialized constant EFFECTMESSAGES
please help

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
Luka's resources page on his website has an upload of the EBS file
You just need to install Luka's Utilities above the EBS installation.

But still, I didn't understand the use of Luka's Utilities and where to put it after installation
Please help me as I am new to game making and programming.
I am just 12 years old.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 24, 2020
wT5r2Rp.png

I'm having quite a few issues myself. I think I went wrong somewhere.

8x9G2mD.png

The scripts were placed in order, renamed from their 0 to 7 counterparts. Is there something I could be missing?

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
try to put into 'Setting' script, EFFECTMESSAGE=true:
Code:
#===============================================================================
# * An array of available languages in the game, and their corresponding
#      message file in the Data folder. Edit only if you have 2 or more
#      languages to choose from.
#===============================================================================
LANGUAGES = [  
#  ["English","english.dat"],
#  ["Deutsch","deutsch.dat"]
]
[U][I][B]#===============================================================================
# *Gen 6 style way of displaying effects.  Set to false for the older way (just
#  showing a message)
EFFECTMESSAGES = true[/B][/I][/U]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 24, 2020
try to put into 'Setting' script, EFFECTMESSAGE=true:
Code:
# * An array of available languages in the game, and their corresponding
#      message file in the Data folder. Edit only if you have 2 or more
#      languages to choose from.
LANGUAGES = [  
#  ["English","english.dat"],
#  ["Deutsch","deutsch.dat"]
]
[U][I][B]#===============================================================================
# *Gen 6 style way of displaying effects.  Set to false for the older way (just
#  showing a message)
EFFECTMESSAGES = true[/B][/I][/U]

Now I'm able to access and test my game. Thanks!

I seem to have more problems.

This here was presented when I checked a Pokemon summary.
fPhE3bG.png

And this when I prepare to jump into battle.
KRxZUVd.png

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
wT5r2Rp.png

I'm having quite a few issues myself. I think I went wrong somewhere.

8x9G2mD.png

The scripts were placed in order, renamed from their 0 to 7 counterparts. Is there something I could be missing?

you are missing the settings file, which is certainly packaged in the downloadable zip of EBS. Why you don't have it, I don't know, but you need it installed above the other EBS scripts, but below the Utilities.

Attachments

• [Settings].txt
    4 KB · Views: 283

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The (formerly Universal) Essentials Plugin Installer is back up again. The errors people are getting in this thread are due to everyone omitting to copy over the main settings part of the scripts.
If the resource comes with a Settings script, copy and paste that into your project's script editor first (making sure it goes above Main). After that, copy and paste any script that is provided in the pack into your project's script editor under the Settings script (if no Settings were present, simply copy the scripts above Main).
This is from the instructions over on my page.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 23, 2019
What are the 7 scripts that you need to put in? I can't find them anywhere.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 23, 2019
Thanks, but I found another problem.
I don't know how to fix that

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 23, 2019
There is an error in the battle Script that says "Script 'Battle_Script' line 22: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'isVersion17?' for nil:NilClass" and I don't know how to fix that

Back