• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
thats just something unexplainable. how about if arceus is on a platform in the sky, wouldnt the char notice? Why doesnt he just fly up?

Why do we get pokemon to cut trees, when we can just burn them?
Why do we have to ride a pokemon across the water, when we can just swim?
Why do we have to ride a pokemon to the sky to travel to other locations, when we can just use an airplane?

Thats cause it's how the game was made, and thats what Gamefreak intends you to do.
they want you to hackorx the azure flute!

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
Why do we get pokemon to cut trees, when we can just burn them?
Why do we have to ride a pokemon across the water, when we can just swim?
Why do we have to ride a pokemon to the sky to travel to other locations, when we can just use an airplane?

Thats cause it's how the game was made, and thats what Gamefreak intends you to do.
they want you to hackorx the azure flute!

Burning things is quite harmful; The blaze not long ago in Athens is evidence of that. Nintendo don't want bad PR.

I cannot swim great distances, so why should in-game characters be able to?

Pokemon is set in a parallel world; Perhaps Aircraft have not been invented. Or, aircraft are difficult to land, are expensive to run, and aren't in vast supply.

I dunno about Mew, to be the first pkmn (ancestor of all pkmn) he'd need to be the first. But he'd need arceus to build the universe cuz he has no power to that extent. So if Arceus made the universe then mew cant be the first pkmn. It just confuses me....

Mew is believed to be the Ancestor of Pokemon. I think Mew is acknowledged as the original Pokemon scientifically, but Arceus is just a myth.
Or, a religious figure.

Last edited:

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
eternalglory, Mew with TM's wasn't what I was thinking about either.

OK. I'll set the example. How do we explain Kyogre controlling the rain and Groudon the sunlight (aside from the ocean and land). What happened in Emerald wasn't normal, not even with magic. I mean, strong sun and rain simultaneously?

duh is ovious that nintendo wants to spread polytheisum and the gods of land and rain are groundon and kyorgre, so they have that power for really strong sun and instobable rain...

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
Also, Rayquaza can stop there rain with its Ability, Air Lock. So it counters them out. So its evidently designed tyo stop them, by Arceus.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
Years
On my theories on each of the Pokemon - I'm going to bypass the Anime COMPLETELY. It's overblown and ridiculous. Example - The 2nd Movie makes out that Articuno is some LEGENDARY TITAN of ice who needs Lugia to keep him in check. Also, when Zapdos & Moltres get bird-napped, the setting of the 4th movie (the 4 islands) gets hammered into a deep freeze so cold that even the sea freezes. Yet, a trainer in the Battle Frontier can catch him. Oh, yes, Articuno is OH SO powerful. Yeah right!

Anyway...down to the single theories:

Articuno - the legendary bird of ice. No REAL significance. Just a one of a kind super-powerful Pokemon.

Zapdos - Same as Articuno, but Thunder.

Moltres - Same as zapdos, just Fire. HOWEVER - Pokedex say that it's said to represent the coming of spring. I doubt this is of any significance, but probably just a wives tale kinda thing.

Mewtwo - again, no real significance. Just the most powerful Pokemon ever, cloned from mew. No legendary about him.

Mew - the child of Arceus, the Ancestor of all Pokemon on Earth.

Raikou - the legendary dog of thunder and wielder of thunderclouds.

Entei - the legendary dog of fire and guardian of Volcanoes.

Suicune - the legendary dog of water and the reincarnation of the northern winds. also the purifier of water.

Lugia - Heralded as the guardian of the sea. he stays in the sea as his power is too great to be around other Pokemon. Also when called upon, he is the guardian of the 3 legendary birds.

Ho-Oh - The Guardian of the 3 legendary dogs, and the representation of Pokemon Reincarnation.

Celebi - The guardian of time, and wanderer of forests. Helps keep forests alive and delivers people the promise of a good future.

Latios - No legend about it. Just rare and powerful.

Latias - much the same as Latios.

Kyogre - ancient creator of the sea, fell to the ocean floor in a hidden cavern after the fight with Groudon.

Groudon - ancient creator of the land, fell to the ocean floor in a hidden cavern after the fight with Kyogre.

Rayquaza - The final pokemon of the Trinity. The guardian of the sky. Remains in the ozone layer at it can see all from up in the sky. Also possible protector of the planet.

Jiarchi - one of a kind Pokemon that was born of people's pure wishes and grants them to those who are determined enough to see their wish granted by placing a tag on it's head.

Deoxys - No legendary about it. Just a very powerful Pokemon that fell from space with power over it's own DNA.

Uxie - created from Arceus to teach humans Knowledge.

Mesprit - Created from Arceus to teach humans the nobility of Emotion.

Azelf - created from Arceus to teach humans the power of one's Will.

Dialga - lord of time. The one whose roar distorts time and he can freely alter it. Born from Arceus itself.

Palkia - lord of space. The one whose claws rend space apart and he can freely alter it. Born from Arceus himself.

Heatran - an ancient pokemon, like the fossils. As Regigigas shifted the continents around, volcanoes died out and Heatran came VERY close to extinction.

Regigigas - the continent pokemon. He pulled continents around to shape the lands of Kanto, Sinnoh, Hoenn & Johto.

Giratana - the Pokemon of death. Represents the end of a Pokemons life and governs them until Ho-oh ressurects them with its Sacred Ashes from it's Sacred Fire attack.

Cresselia - Pokemon of the full-moon, grants good dreams. No other Purpose.

Darkrai - Pokemon of the new-moon, casts bad dreams. No other purpose.

Manaphy - just a very rare water Pokemon - no other purpose. The "prince" title is just that - a title.

Shamin - Like Manaphy, but just of grass.

Arceus - the creator of all. He made everything.

Storytime... (THIS HAS ARCEUS AS THE CREATOR)
WARNING - get a drink or something, this is pretty long ^_^;;;;;

In the beginning. There was nothing. Nothing but chaos. Born out of this chaos though, was an Egg. An egg of balance. Like a tornado, the Chaos was calm at its center, and the egg was born from this. From this egg came Arceus, the originator. He who shapes all. With his thousand arms, he hallowed out the never-ending Universe. This took a lot out of Arceus, and he recognised his time was nearing an end. His design for "Pokemon" was in his mind. From himself he shed a Pokemon. The first Pokemon. It's name was Mew. Not born of an egg, Mew was special. She was granted all genetic traits of all the Pokemon. The ability to use all the Pokemon's special powers. Then, Arceus realised he couldn't do anymore, and so he laid eggs. A blue & a pink egg. They hatched as Dialga & Palkia. And thus, Dialga roared and seconds began to tick by. Palkia's claws rend and space changed; the world and sun and moon were made. Then, using his last powers, Arceus shed one last egg - and hatched from it were Uxie, Mesprit & Azelf.

All the current existing Pokemon headed onto their earth they had made, and Arceus found a mountain...The Mountain of Coronet. He sat upon it, and choked. he spluttered and coughed and wheezed until he died. Arceus, the God, died. His power vanished. Left behind was two items. The Azure Flute, and the Azure Egg. From the egg...hatched Arceus, the Pokemon. The strongest of all Pokemon. No longer a god, just now a "god" amongst Pokemon. Palkia ripped open the earth, and cast the flute into it's depths as the Pokemon Arceus opened a pathway to the Hall of Origin, and never returned, desiring to sleep forever. So the task of finishing the world was down to Dialga & Palkia.

Dialga laid an egg. Celebi, the guardian of time. The Pokemon who wanders time. Palkia laid two eggs - one red, one blue. Groudon & Kyogre hatched...and fought. For unknown years they fought, ravaging the world yet giving it shape. But Palkia, to quell the fighting, gave birth to one last egg.
The sun faded. The rains stopped. The sky was ripped open as the sky dragon Rayquaza descended upon the fighters and defeated them. In their ruin, Kyogre fell into the sea and caused a tidal wave to smash all the lands. Groudon fell into the land and made soil. Both fell so far into the earth, they slept forever, never to escape. During the ruin of Kyogre and Groudon, Heatran was made. Made of Hot Magma & Cooled minerals, it was made and lived during the ravages of Groudon & Kyogre. In this time, after the war of water vs ground, Dialga & Palkia created Regigigas, who toiled with the continents, shifting them to form the main lands. However, Regigigas rebelled, and wanted to make more, but his makers said no, and from him they took 3 parts of what he helped shape - Ice, Steel & Rock. Forming them into Living Pokemon, Palkia used them to impison Regigigas in a snow-smattered area known today as snowpoint. Regice, Registeel & Regirock were then hidden in the Hoenn region, away from Regigigas so he could never break free or harm what sealed him away. From the soil of the land...shed a seed. That seed was also an egg. It hatched into Shamin, who gave life to the first plants. With the basis of the world in check, Palkia & Dialga's time was ending. They sought out Mew - the ancestor of Pokemon. Together, they put forth their power and created eggs. Pokemon Eggs. All over the world, they travelled, scattering their eggs so that the Pokemon would soon awaken. The eggs were limited to certain pokemon - the fossil Pokemon. As these Pokemon were made Palkia & Dialga made something to keep watch over the life & Death of Pokemon. Dialga roared and flames encircled the sky, and Palkia rended space again. From the fire, a great bird flew out, and fluttered all seven colours. From the rend, a great wyrm crawled out, it's clawed wings shimmering sinisterly. Ho-Oh, the reincarnation bird was born. And so was Giratana, the death wyrm was born. Ho-Oh flew amongst the rainbows while Giratana fled into the separate dimension, where Pokemon go.

Due to the powers of shamin, grass Pokemon were created too, but they didn't appear until later. After millions of years, and evolution - the fossils died out, and the current species of Pokemon were existent. Latios & Latias were made in this time.
In answer to the guardians of the Sky, Ho-Oh & Rayquaza, Dialga & Palkia laid one more egg. It hatched into Lugia, the guardian of the Sea. However, it's powers were incredible; it's almighty aeroblast could cleave the sky. So Lugia fled far away into the deepest depths of the ocean, and swam there, singing it's song. Lugia rose only once: to shed 3 Pokemon from itself. Using it's Psychic powers, 3 eggs were born from Lugia - and he laid them one of each separate island. And so, just after the extinction of all the fossil Pokemon, Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres hatched. Lugia, as their "father" was their over-seer and guardian, and he was solely responsible for them. From the crashing Thunder, a dog rose. His roar was like sparks, and Raikou ran across the land, scattering Thunder as he went. And from the Magma, another great dog arose. Entei, whose roar was like blasting fire, fled across the lands, awakening volcanoes with each cry. And lastly, the northern winds blew heavy and made footsteps in the form of suicune, whose power could purify filthy waters. Ho-Oh was demoted from sky guardian, and made the keeper of the Dogs. At this, the end of the Fossil Era, Dialga & Palkia finally came to an end. Their time as the keepers of Arceus were faded. They wiped all memories of everything that had happened in the past from all Pokemon. All Pokemon knew nothing of where they came from...their existence was erased. Dialga roared one last time, and it faded into time, and Palkia rended space, and dissapeared into the ravages of space, and both were never ever seen again.

Somwhere along the Pokemon evolution line, Humans were born, and the Spirit Trio of Uxie, Mesprit & Azelf came before humans as friends and helpers, teaching them Knowledge, Emotion & Willpower. In this time, as the wishes of Pokemon & humans grew, and Jirachi came from those wishes, and made it that only once every 1000 years will someone's wish be granted. During the Evolution of Pokemon, Latios & Latias were created, and are some of the rarest Pokemon ever. Manaphy, prince of the sea, named so because of it's graceful swim, appeared then, along with it's egg, Phione. However, with the dreams of humans and Pokemon being so strong, they became intertwined and came to life! All the good dreams came together under the full moon to make Cresselia, who scatters good dreams. All the nightmares weaved together to make Darkari, who scatters nightmares. After the great teachings, the Spirit Trio hid in lakes, and slept. Humans found the entombed Regigigas, and thinking it a celestial being, made a temple around it.

In the far depths of space...something lived. Strands of DNA were weaving and fluxing and combining. It was hidden within a meteor, and there it grew into Deoxys! And in the present times...scientists along with the team rocket leader cloned Mew, the Ancestor, and created the world's most powerful Pokemon...Mewtwo!

-END-

OMG! That was LOTS longer that expected. X_X

EDIT- Lol, I didn't bypass the anime COMPLETELY.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
Burning things is quite harmful; The blaze not long ago in Athens is evidence of that. Nintendo don't want bad PR.

I cannot swim great distances, so why should in-game characters be able to?

Pokemon is set in a parallel world; Perhaps Aircraft have not been invented. Or, aircraft are difficult to land, are expensive to run, and aren't in vast supply.

Then why can we use Fire moves on a Grass type Pokemon?

In-game characters are already able to, take a look at those swimmer trainers in the middle of the water, they swim to you the same speed of your Pokemon.

And actually, I think there ARE aircrafts in the anime.

GREAT story there....
filler...

GREAT spam there....

Xoo

bam, baby!
Years
In the far depths of space...something lived. Strands of DNA were weaving and fluxing and combining. It was hidden within a meteor, and there it grew into Deoxys! And in the present times...scientists along with the team rocket leader cloned Mew, the Ancestor, and created the world's most powerful Pokemon...Mewtwo!
I thought Mewtwo was before Deoxys's time...?
Anyways... Deoxys was born of a virus, not DNA.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
Years
I thought Mewtwo was before Deoxys's time...?
Anyways... Deoxys was born of a virus, not DNA.

As for Mewtwo, we don't know how old Deoxys is. Therefore I just didn't quite state his origin and made it so that he was something that's been present since Dialga & Palkia made time & space.

About the DNA, yes, that's very true, but I forgot about that tbh and mainly went with the DNA as that's what Deoxys has control over, since it can shift forms.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Here's a quick question:
Kyogre and groudon are counterparts, each controling aspects of the earth
Dialga and Palkia are counterparts, the control the dimensions we live in
Lugia and Ho-oh are presented as counterparts, yet i can find no connection. Yes both control the dogs and birds, but why does that connect the controllers? am i missing something?
:)

Diageo

Corrupted...
Years
I think instead of the god pokemon laying eggs all around to form pkmn, I think mew evolved into other pkmn and only 1 mew survived unchanged...

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
Years
After creating a thing such as... THE WORLD would a God still have enough strenght to destroy pokéballs?
The answer is... YES LOL
Arceus is not a God, it's a Godly Creature. The pokémon God has still to make an appearence, unless... MISSING'NO is the pokémon god! I remember that it had 600+ Attack Stat... but no defense so a Rattata could beat it...

Let's put it this way:
CREATORS
Arceus is the CREATOR(Alpha, still there is no Omega)- Created the Universe structure
Dialga- Time Creator and Controller
Palkia- Space Creator and Controller
Kyogre the Creator of the Seas
Groudon the Creator of Land
Rayquaza *probably* Creator of Skies

GUARDIANS AND ETC:
Mew- Ancestor and has got DNA from all pokémons
Mewtwo- Part of the DNA from all pokémons(took from Mew)
Luugia- GUARDIAN of Sea
Ho-oh- Creates Rainbows(its not as important as Sky/Land/Sea so I put this creator here)
Celebi- Time Traveller
UnoDosTres Trio- When you join these three elements you obtain one thing... electrized WATER- so these are connected to Luugia
Dogs Trio- these make Clear Feathers turn to Rainbow Feathers(proved in Mystery Dungeon) these Rainbow Feathers make part of HO-OH's body. These three also:
"Awake with the thunder, roar with vulcanos and run as one with the Northern Winds"
Regis Trio- Simbolize the solid parts of this world. Rock- the Stone Age; Ice- the Ice Age; Steel- Technology
Regigigas- Simbolizes the world but didn't created it!
Pixies Trio- Simbolize emotions, knowledge and willpower
Shaymin- I think this guy/gal is Mother/Father Nature, it transforms any grass in the area in flowers.
Darkrai- Controls Nightmares
Cresselia- Controls Good Dreams
Manaphy/Phione- Prince and Princess of the Sea
Heathran- Was made from lava... now that I see it... WHY IS THIS A LEGEND?

Diageo

Corrupted...
Years
What about Giratina? I think the GOD pkmn might still not be out. Who did ppl think created the world when Ruby and Sapphire came out?

Xoo

bam, baby!
Years
Heathran- Was made from lava... now that I see it... WHY IS THIS A LEGEND?
This was probably the guardian of volcanoes and lava.
It's different from Groudon because Groudon is the guardian of land.

Kazuya

Lapras Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 29, 2008
unless... MISSING'NO is the pokémon god! I remember that it had 600+ Attack Stat... but no defense so a Rattata could beat it...

Hahahahahahahah XDDDD

Personally I think there are two possibilities...

1/ Mew created Arceus (as Mew could learm every single move while Arceus' movepool is actually limited), and the universe began. Arceus was chosen to be the "god" to create Dialga, Palkia and Giratina;

2/ Arceus (as it is known as "The Alpha Pokemon" while Mew is just "New Spicies Pokemon") created the universe, and Mew was born. In this case, Mew does not have a really important role except for being very rare and containing the DNA of every Pokemon.

It is kinda like... "Which comes first? Chicken or Egg?" to me. :P

Sorry I'm not very good at analysis. And please feel free to tell me if I made any mistake. =] I am kinda new to this.

Diageo

Corrupted...
Years
I still dont get how u keep saying arceus created that pokemon or kyogre created this pokemon. It sounds too bible-y(if thats a word) to me. I think they evolved over time, not pkmn evolve but animal evolve....

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
I'm not at all religious (Some call me a heretic), but I think the word is Biblical.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Im with mega, im against religion. the bible's a story people took way too seriously lol.

Nowww as for the thread...

Arceus came first. This was introduced early in the game. Swirling chaos and all, then out popped an egg. Out popped arceus, who creates everything else

Edit: I THINK the bibles a story people took too seriously, cant be offending anyone can I lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back