• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
It isn't helping:

Now It does tottaly nothing but nothing. However It did glitch up one of the clouds.

However, It does really weird things when I revised the script after compiling :

Spoiler:

Some strings came out of nowhere, and where did give money come from XD?

I hope you can help. :chu:

The future of the Dark Clone Mythology depends on you~
Dawn, Clint, Elvyan and Luke~ Team NatureKeeper

Revising a script after compiling can cause some major problems and make funky things happen. This is because when you compile XSE writes it to the ROM, and when you try to make major changes that take up more space originally used by the script, it overwrites things that have already been written to. Say, for example, we had this:
Spoiler:

XSE writes the @start, then right after it on the lines of hex it writes the @1.
Hex looks something like this:
AF 01 0D 23 54 60 60 87 9B
Msgbox takes eight byes of space. Then our text takes up more bytes.
00 00 00 00 00 00
Now say we were to add to the already compiled script:
Spoiler:

Then it takes up more space that originally, but it has nowhere to put it. So it tries to overwrite the text, but it's already written and has a pointer to it...
So you end up with jumbled garbage like yours.

Simple solution: Make the necessary changes and just compile it at a new offset.
Or, even better: It you have foresight and know you're bound to mess up, you'll have made a backup copy of your hacked ROM. Just copy it over the one you messed up and try inserting it again.
Note: You can make changes to an already compiled script that take up less space, or simply change something (like changing applymovement 0x1 to applymovement 0x2.)

squire

Upcoming Hacker
Years
I'm having trouble with this script which is a give pokemon script that also gives the Pokemon option in the menu.
The problem is that when you pick up the pokeball that contains the pokemon it stays there and allows me to get infinite copies of that same pokemon.
Can someone help me fix this? Help is much appreciated.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x16C46D
checkflag 0x828
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x4001 0x85
givepokemon 0x4 0x19 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x816C4A6
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x816C4DA
compare 0x800D 0x2
end

'---------------
#org 0x16C4A6
hidesprite 0x2
fanfare 0x101
preparemsg 0x8196591 '"[player] obtained a CHARMANDER!"
waitmsg
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x85
hidesprite 0x2
msgbox 0x81A56A7 0x5 '"Do you want to give a nickname to\..."
compare 0x800D 0x0
hidesprite 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x816C514
call 0x81A8C27
call 0x81A74EB
goto 0x816C514

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x196591
= [player] obtained a CHARMANDER!

#org 0x1A56A7
= Do you want to give a nickname to\nthis CHARMANDER?

Last edited by a moderator:

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
How do I add text to this?
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x18B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x800
setflag 0x801
release
end

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
How do I add text to this?
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x18B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x800
setflag 0x801
release
end

It depends on where you want to add text.

Read the guide that comes with XSE if you wanna learn this.

I just gotta say, a bit of advice for everyone.
READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE!
It gets annoying when people post problems that are easily fixed by reading the XSE guide, that is released WITH the program!
To read it, simply press F2 while XSE is open, OR, go into the folder XSE is in, and double clock the file "guide.chm"

If you read that, then smaller problems, like the one above, will be out of the question, and your understanding of XSE will be much greater.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Right, time to repeat my last scripting problem since I still need help with it. I tried deleting the signpost events for those problem scripts, then set about making new ones. Worked fine at first, but once again, the exact same problem has occured. This is how it looks ingame:

Spoiler:

What happens is, the scripts are fine, in XSE and Advance Map, then for some reason one of the scripts on the map decides to disappear, and one has those funky letters after it.

The scripts look like:

First Script
Spoiler:

Second Script:
Spoiler:

Third Script:
Spoiler:

Oh, and I checked the various XSE guides, they have nothing on what to do. This is for Fire-Red.

Last edited:

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I'm having a bit of dificulty with this script. The mom is supposed to move right 1 then up two. (with a couple of turns in there). You are then given Ralts, and if you care to know what is said, you can read it. What happens instead is when you step on the spot, the game freezes.
Rom: Pokemon Fire Red (English Version)
Scripting Software: XSE
Script:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x828
applymovement 0x1 $move
givepokemon 188 5 00
message $1
boxset 6
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x03 0x13 0x11 0x11 0x3 0xFF

#org $1
$1 1 =Your dad left this for you.\lIt is a Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
i wanted to make a battle in emerald like the lugia battle were you go up to him and press a i need help the scrept i made was a copy of lugias just mewtwo instead and a deffernt offset i dont know what to do can some one post a script where you have a battle with mewtwo like lugias except in artsan cave and i plan on makeing a battle like lugias for all lagendarys that are not in emerald can some one tell me what kind of script i need? i know what offset is free already and i have the hex number for all pokemon i just dont know what to do i have the progams and every thing

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm having a bit of dificulty with this script. The mom is supposed to move right 1 then up two. (with a couple of turns in there). You are then given Ralts, and if you care to know what is said, you can read it. What happens instead is when you step on the spot, the game freezes.
Script:

I believe the 0xFF should be 0xFE at the end of the movement, that should fix it.

Derrick ~

Look at the battle Rayquaza/Groundon/whatever scripts already in Emerald for assistance

PaulH~

Maybe the offsets are already in use? No idea.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
I found them using the Free Space Finder tool, so they shouldn't be really.. hmm..

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
What is wrong whis this script? Plz help!
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
#org @done
msgbox 0x6 0x0
release
end
Is it mean tto be
msgbox @-whatever it is- 0x6?

-my problem-
When i heal at pokemon center after they go' we've restored your pokemon to full health' it turns black, and starts to mess up. help pls?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Toon Link-

I think this is your problem line:
"givepokemon 0x318B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0" Go check out the XSE tutorial and look up Give Pokemon scripts.

Kalsar-
Sorry I don't know ><

Larsie13

Right, time to repeat my last scripting problem since I still need help with it. I tried deleting the signpost events for those problem scripts, then set about making new ones. Worked fine at first, but once again, the exact same problem has occured. This is how it looks ingame:

Spoiler:

What happens is, the scripts are fine, in XSE and Advance Map, then for some reason one of the scripts on the map decides to disappear, and one has those funky letters after it.

The scripts look like:

First Script
Spoiler:

Second Script:
Spoiler:

Third Script:
Spoiler:

Oh, and I checked the various XSE guides, they have nothing on what to do. This is for Fire-Red.
Don't use such a low Dynamic offset. Use #dynamic 0x800000.

Script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x828
applymovement 0x1 $move
givepokemon 188 5 00
message $1
boxset 6
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x03 0x13 0x11 0x11 0x3 0xFF

#org $1
$1 1 =Your dad left this for you.\lIt is a Pokemon
Indeed, 0xFF should be 0xFE, but also, XSE doesn't use the $, instead it should be @.
Is it mean tto be
msgbox @-whatever it is- 0x6?

-my problem-
When i heal at pokemon center after they go' we've restored your pokemon to full health' it turns black, and starts to mess up. help pls?

Spoiler:
Same here as for PaulH: Use #dynamic 0x800000, otherwise you'll maybe overwrite important data.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @bored
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
msgbox @yesno1 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
showpokepic 0x91 10 3
msgbox @look 0x5
if 0x1 goto @takeit
if 0x0 goto @leaveit
hidepokepic
release
end

#org @yesno1
= Does Requeim suck?

#org @yes
= Indeed he does.

#org @no
= YES HE DOES DONT LIE TO ME BOY!

#org @look
= Do you want this pokemon.. Zapdos?

#org @takeit
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yay 0x6
givepokemon 0x91 0x41 0xC6 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x10C
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
msgbox @omg 0x6
release
end

#org @omg
= [player] recieved a pokemon!

#org @leaveit
= You didnt need it anyways...

iit says a have error on line 33 missing dynamic label :'( can someone help plz :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
i made a script hwere you find a pokeball like the one the items are in except it has three pokemon in it it works fine but you can get a unlimited amount every time you press a how do i fix this? and this is just an idea but can we start a thread where some one could request a script except they have to find offsets and stuff like that?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Derrick ~ You need to check flags and set flags, read a scripting tutorial if you need any more detail on flags.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Game:Firered
Type:Trigger or map event.Sorta lika an rival event
Tool:XSE

Spoiler:

Thanks alot to anyone who helps!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Spoiler:

iit says a have error on line 33 missing dynamic label :'( can someone help plz :D

OMG... where the heck did you learn scripting?! Except the error, the whole script is screwed up badly. Besides.... read the damn messages... Missing dynamic lable on line 33.
What do we have on line 33?

Code:
msgbox @yay 0x6

Fine, but @yay is nowhere in the script! Here's the proper script, don't forget to read the rules before posting. Thanks.

Spoiler:

Game:Firered
Type:Trigger or map event.Sorta lika an rival event
Tool:XSE

Spoiler:

Thanks alot to anyone who helps!

And? What's the problem? You didn't even explain... Read the rules before posting, please. Ayway, @before and @after are missing in that script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back