• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Check the Docs and Tutorials sction. If not, PM me, I'll tell you.

My own question: How does the map connections work? I made a connection, but its a little off... How do I edit the connection ie how to make the connection to the right a tile or two higher or lower?

Edit the "Connection Offset"

Dependinng on your maps, and your connection type, you may need to add or subtract from the connection offset... (If the connection is off by 3 tiles, add or subtract 3 from your current map offset. (If the number would be a negative number, write a negative number.))
lets say a connection is off by 3 tiles. You would add or subtract from the map's connection offset that you want to move... 3 to move 3 spaces over, -3 to move backward. (For up/down) For Left right it would be 3 for 3 tiles down, -3 for 3 tiles up. Experiment with the Connection Offset in the Connection manager in A-Map.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
HI! I have a prob in A-map!
I was editing palettes and tiles in my hack( only starting)
I saved the tiled and palettes so...that shouldent be a problem...
but when I tryed to test it...the game was with original tiles and palettes...
how can I fix this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
You save pallettes differently. In Block Editor, there is under the Pallettes menu, "Write Pallette Changes to ROM". That saves the pallette, not ordinary save.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
You save pallettes differently. In Block Editor, there is under the Pallettes menu, "Write Pallette Changes to ROM". That saves the pallette, not ordinary save.
BUT I did!
LooK: I have A clean rom of FR
I imported the syn zeikku's rombase
I edited the tiles and I save them
I eddited the palettes and I rewrote them...
But when I tested it...it only showed the tiles from the rombase...

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
can anybody help me in changing the palette of the "Dragon's Bane"

dragonsflametitlescreenfs3.png

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
Hello!

I doesn't know if this question should be put in this thread or not, but I couldn't find any more "relevant" thread to put the question in.

Anyway, I can't get Advance Text to work. I doesn't know what the problems is since I've tried to fix it by doenloading that .OCX file, and it's just a "send a error report" thing message I get.

Anybody who might know how to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
does anyone know what the best tileset editor is?

oh and can anyone tell me how to use the tileset editor too, that would be great.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
In wild battles, how can you disable the Pokedex after the battle if you caught the pokemon? EG if I battle on of the 25 empty spaces and I catch it, it freezes as it wants to check data that isn't there. How can I stop this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
What if I put the pokemon with Advance Map to appear in Grass? Same principal? Or can't you?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Right... Is it possible at all? All I need is to disable the Pokedex entries in all wild battles.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
When I insert this sprite in my Ruby rom the colors are messed up. Here it is:
dawncb6.png

Help?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
When I insert this sprite in my Ruby rom the colors are messed up. Here it is:
dawncb6.png

Help?

Did you check the palette on the ROM after inserting it? You may want to manually adjust it eventually. I'd suggest you APE for that work.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Is there a way to edit the attacks/Pokemon of gymleaders without PEt because it always screws up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back