• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunting of the Shinies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Name: Amber
Species: Latias
Appearance: Amber is a shiny Latias. This means where the markings would be red on an "average" Latias, she is a bright golden color. Her white sections are slightly brighter in color as well. Differentiating her from both shiny and normal members of her species, Amber's eyes are a deep, almost glowing purple.
sugimoris380.png

Personality: On the outside, Amber is an extremely cheerful, optimistic Pokemon. She often looks on the bright side of things, and tries hard to make other people she cares about happy. She's very affectionate to her friends, and loves to cuddle. Amber is kind, and not unafraid to sacrifice her own things for others.

On the flip side, she is also what one might call a coward. Extremely timid, she has solved most of the problems in her life by running away from them or asking for others to help, and is not a good fighter. Inside, she knows this to be one of her flaws, and hates herself for it, but is again, too afraid to do anything about it. In unguarded moments, Amber reveals her truer self. Since her brother died, she has had difficulty making friends(though not from lack of effort on her part), and has felt extremely lonely. For her species, the bond between twins exceeds all others, and she knows it is a relationship she can never replace. Therefore, when alone and left to think her own thoughts, she is usually sad and lonely.

History: Latias and Latios are always born in pairs, twins, a female and a male. For this species, this one relationship supersedes all others in its importance and intimacy, greater than the bond between child and parent, friends, or mates. This is because of the psychic bond that begins to form between the two embryos in the womb, the influence of another mind so close remains a permanent structure in their minds for all of their long lives. Amber could experience everything her brother, Jacen, did from his perspective, could hear his thoughts and feel his emotions even from vast distances.

To lose a brother, or a sister, for their species, is the absolute worst wound one can inflict upon them. When they were 14, Jacen was killed by poachers outside Mauville in the Hoenn region, defending his twin sister to the last. Amber blames herself for his death.

Both of them were orphans growing up. Their father had died of an illness, a rare event among Pokemon, and their mother died of grief only one short year after Amber and Jacen hatched from their eggs, simply losing the will to live, going to sleep and not waking up again. For the longest time, Jacen had been Amber's only constant companion and protector. They traveled throughout the world, exploring new places and regions, making many friends along the way but never staying in one place for too long, yet never meeting another one of their species. Their lifestyle, however, was just a tad bit too open. When poachers finally caught up to the pair, Jacen threw himself onto the barrel of a shotgun to buy his sister time to escape. Escape she did, but she feels that it may have been better if she hadn't.

Since Jacen's death, Amber has become slightly more of a risk-taker, sometimes deliberately throwing herself into life-threatening situations, caring less about her own safety. Yet her cowardly nature often takes over, and she runs when the situation gets too untenable. Thanks to the Latias ability to become invisible or take on the form of a human for a short amount of time, she often flits in and out of the dangerous cities. So far she has avoided being spotted, but a new technology in the form of a pair of glasses has enabled humans to spot her while disguised…
Shiny or Normal: Shiny
RP Sample: (will edit, as Pokecommunity keeps crashing on me)

As I looked at your Picture of Amber, Lusankya, I noticed that you said Amber's eyes were a Deep Near-Glowing Purple, yet in the Picture, they are Green (Then again, it might be my Colour Resolution. But if not...). Which is it going to be?

:t152:

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
OOC: Ya, I dont want this to die, so we'll just have some that are NPC's. Let the RP, BEGIN!!! We all start in Floroma Meadow. I gotz 3 people, too. ^^ Oh, and one more thing: you can use chat speak, but only on your OOC's.

IC:

Vanessa the Suicune
Floroma Meadow

I strode quietly through the flowers, intent on getting somewheres in this meadow. I stared down at my paws. Then, there was the troden path that Silver and Flash had told me of. My head jerked up. Over this long strip of flowers that were pressed to the ground was the only way to the ther side of the meadow.

Heck, for all I know, a gun may be pointed at me.

I hesitated before crossing. I sniffed the air curiously, then leaped across the strip.

The second my feet left the ground, there was bullets coming at me from my sides.

An ambush.

I made it to the other side of the strip and skidded to a stop as I whirled around. I growled and then shot a Hydro Cannon at the poachers who were now visible. They were blasted back, and I strutted away silently. I still couldnt see the two silver Ninetails anywheres!

I head clicking behind me. I whipped around to see a bullet barrelling at me, aiming between my eyes. I closed my eyes, and awaited the pain.

Then came the immense heat.

I opened my eyes to see a Fire Blast meling the bullet into thin air. There were two, actually, one coming from each side.

Flash and Silver.

"Oi! Now there's two silver Ninetails, and a shiny Suicune! Get 'em all!" one of the poachers yelled.

"Run." was all I had to say. The two Ninetails began to bolt, and I followed the procedure with glee.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
"Huh." Volt sat down on the ground, wondering what to do. Unfortunately for him, he really didn't have much of a choice of what to do.

I'm really bored at the moment, maybe I should go and train my skills.

He was about to chop a tree in half when... a bullet flew past him and pounded into the ground with a loud THUNK!

"Oh crap, great timing!"

Yes, he was ambushed.

Using Agility to up his speed, Volt dodged from side to side as a poacher fired bullets relentlessly at him.

What are my choices? I can run, and I can... run. That's all, unless I fight...

Yes! That was it! He could use electric attacks to stun the man!

"Okay... Here I go!" Charging up a powerful Zap Cannon, Volt fell upon his back as the giant blast engulfed his foe.

Yes! Direct hit! Oh crap. I must have roused a bit of a commotion... RUN!

Volt was caught offgaurd as several others rushed at him, guns pointed at him.

Volt had no choice but to continually use Agility until he could barely outrun the group.

Oh no... This is not good. I better hide, fast!

Dashing aside, Volt watched as the poachers ran off in the direction he had been running. It seemed like it was something out of a cartoon.

Turning around, Volt began to think of his options...

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
Amber streamed through the air, her sleek aerodynamic body cutting through the atmosphere like a hot knife through butter. The wind whistled around her, almost drowning out all other sound.

Almost.

A roar sounded behind her, and she momentarily turned her head slightly to aim one eye to her rear. Her pursuers, two humans riding a Salamance and a Pidgeot, were steadily becoming closer and closer.

How? She should have been able to outspeed them easily. Yet no sonic boom had sounded as she cruised over the cityscape.

And how had they found her? For weeks she had hid in the city in her human form. There had been no suspicion toward her. So how did they two know she was a Pokemon?

If she continued like this, she would be caught. And Amber knew full well what happened to those who fall into the hands of poachers. All too well, in vivid detail from the perspective of the victim.

She dove into the city, hoping to evade her pursuers by agility rather than speed. Weaving between buildings, she did her best to set up a route that the devil himself couldn't follow.

A mere half a minute of trying told her it was no good. Instead of following her into the city as she had hoped, they merely cruised above the rooftops, more than able to keep a bird's eye view on her.

So what then? Perhaps it was time to give up and surrender. They all had to die someday. No, she reminded herself. They all had to die, but she wouldn't go down without a fight. But what could she do about it? Scanning the ground, she spotted a manhole. A lightbulb flickered on above her head.

Opening her mouth and letting out a cry, she aimed a Hyper Beam at the manhole. The ray of destruction blew through the road, causing several cars to swerve. But she had accomplished her objective. A gaping hole now existed in the road large enough for her to fly through. And fly through she did, straight into the sewer system. Slowing down considerably due to the tight space, she weaved through the sewers. After a few minutes, she decided to wait and see if she had lost her pursuers. Settling down against the side of the sewer wall, she closed her eyes and rested. The rank smell of the waste of thousands of humans almost erased all thought from her mind, but she managed to block it out, partially.

For a long time, she waited. Just when she was about to decide that her little plot was successful, she heard footsteps, and voices, not too far away, echoes bouncing around within the sewer.

"Look, she went this way," said a small, tinny voice.

"Yeah, I can see. I have eyes too, you know. Not blind," sounded the other, an older, gruffer tone.

Her veins froze. How had they followed her? Opening her eyes, she looked down at her body for the first time since the chase had began, and instantly understood why.

A large crater, an empty pocket where there had once been flesh, existed in her side. The blood that was streaming out was no small amount. She had laid a trail for the poachers, a trail of her own blood. But when had she received the wound? Try as she might, she couldn't remember.

Willing herself to be silent, she covered the wound with one paw, the best she could manage, since the other one couldn't reach that far. Cruising through the undercity, she looked around for something, anything, that could help her. She didn't know what she was looking for, but she knew she would know it when she saw it.

Perhaps Fem Fortune was on her side at last. She spotted box floating through the sewer, filled with what looked like bottles of dye. And one of those was red, from what she could see in the dim light. She took it, used her telekinetic psychic powers to unscrew the cap, and tossed it into the sewer as far as she could. She took a wad of crumbled paper, also in the box, and stuffed it into her wound, ignoring the sharp shriek of pain that shot through her nerves. Praying that they would fall for the deception, she streamed off in the direction opposite to that which she had thrown the bottle.

She doubled back to the hole in the ground she had come through, although taking a different path. Emerging from the sewers, she willed her feathers to bend as to refract the light around her, effectively making herself invisible. She cruised just above the heads of the people walking through the streets. The wad of paper had done a good job of keeping her from dripping blood, but now it was throughout saturated, she had to get rid of it. She ducked into an alley and tossed it into a dumpster. Blood once against streamed from her wound.

Hovering in the air, she suddenly felt tired. Beyond tired, she was completely exhausted, all the energy sucked from her body. Perhaps part of it was the blood loss. She fell from the air and collapsed onto the ground, and her feathers returned to their normal position, making herself fully visible again. She could barely muster the strength to drag herself behind the dumpster, out of sight, and prop herself against the wall, sitting with her back to the cold, lonely brick.

Sitting against the side of the building, she looked up at the sky. The smokey, polluted, smog-filled sky. Oh, what humans have done to this world...

A sound bounced from her mouth, a tiny sliver open, just barely agape. She began to sing, quietly and softly to herself.

Notice me...
Take my hand...
Why carry on without me?

She was completely drained of energy. She could no longer fight or run. All she could do is hide. And if those poachers found her now, then there was nothing she could do to prolong her life.

Every time I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small

But perhaps that was for the best. What had she ever done for anyone? What had she done to be deserving of life? Her entire family was dead. Perhaps it was destiny that she would share that fate. Maybe it was meant to be, that a poacher would walk down this alley, point a shotgun at her head, and pull the trigger, splattering her brains against the cold, dark asphalt and the uncaring brick.

And every time I see
you in my dreams
I see your face
your haunting me

She closed her eyes and turned her head downwards to the ground. A trickle of liquid flowed down from her right eye. A single drop rolled down her face. She felt the tear's pressure against every single feather it touched. It reached the tip of her nose, and fell off.

It was the first of many.

I make believe
that you are here
It's the only way
I see clearly

Oh, Jacen,
she thought. The gaping void in her heart, where her brother had been, had always been, as everpresent as the sun and the Earth, as reassuring and solid as the strongest rock, seemed to swallow her entire existence. It was a wound that pained her far more than any physical hurt ever could.

I may have made it rain
please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
and this song's my sorry

She closed her mouth. Sleep would come, or not at all.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
OOC: Wow. Touching and fabulous post, Lusankya. Also, the two shiny Ninetails know extrordinary moves due to many moves passed down through the generations. But Silver and Flash are not brother and sister, though. A little reminder, that's all.

IC: I saw what had to be a shiny Latias faintly in the distance, fleeing from two poachers.

"Wow." was all I had to say. She was being pursued by two poachers, one on a Pidgeot, the other on a Salemence.

"We have to help!" Silver cried.

"Yes! Please, Vanessa! We must!" Flash begged.

"As long as you two can keep up. I'm not sure if I can keep up with the Latias. Come on!" I exclaimed. The two shiny Ninetails nodded.

I started torwards the city where I caught a glimspe of the Pokemon that had to be a shiny Latias.

Then there were bullets.

Again.

I sighed, and weaved back and forth through the grass, Flash and Silver following the manuever. I leaped, ending up landing on hard and black asphalt. The blood I saw was dried, but that didnt mean it was made a long time ago. It led to a manhole cover.

"Even I'm not going in there." I said. Flash and Silver silently agreed. I felt a rush of air hit me hard.

I was guessing that the Latias was using the invisibility trick again, casting light in different ways to make he illusion she was not there. A wad of bloody paper dropped near an alleyway.

That's when I remembered I was standing at a manhole cover in a city.

"Frick!" I yelled, running to the alleyway that the Latias must have entered. As I neared the alleyway, I heard sad singing. I paused and stopped abruptly in the shadows.

It was the Latias, singing a song. The singing stopped as it ended the song. That's when I approached. My eyes glinted blue as I stepped out of the shadows.

I could see the Latias clearly, strangely enough. I approached slowly and carefully.

"Hello?" I whispered, that's when I saw the gaping hole in the Latias' side. I couldnt belive it.

This Pokemon may be hanging by a thread on a rocky ledge on Mt. Death.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
"Hello?"

The noise jarred Amber back to consciousness. Had she been asleep? She didn't know. The world was black, as though someone had turned out all the lights. Why was everything so dark? Amber didn't remember a single time when the world was so dark. Except when...

She opened her eyes, just a tiny crack. A sliver of light shone in through the darkness. Ah, there it was. The light. As the light widened, she could pick out an image. A lot of color, a nice glowing gold. What was it? It looked familiar. Amber spotted a splotch of red against the gold. Ugly red, it marred the beauty of the gold. What was it? There was a hole in the gold, a red hole. Absurdly, Amber wanted to poke the hole, to stick one of her claws into it.

Her claws? The thought reminded her of what the gold was. Her lower body, that was what she was seeing. Herself. So the red was hers too?

She couldn't think straight, Amber realized. Her thoughts were all jumbled up, mixed together like ingredients in a gigantic melting pot. The imagined pot, where all her thoughts would pour into, and would boil over an open fire as a stick stirred within it, making thought soup, made her giggle. In her mind at least, for no motion was transferred outside it. The melting pot reminded her of one of the giant chocolate mixers she had seen in a factory. She liked chocolate. But apparently she was allergic to it or something, because it made her drunk. She didn't like being drunk. She didn't know why humans liked getting drunk. Clouded judgment wasn't something she thought was wanted. But then there was so she didn't understand about humans. They were so very strange. Nobody else built cities and did all this strange things. Pokemon didn't hunt each other so they could use each other's pelts for coats to keep warm. Did they? Humans were so powerful, even if they relied on Pokemon. They could do anything, if they set their minds to it. Amber remembered a plan she had heard, put forth by some important human, to make a ship to put a person on the moon. Amber liked the moon. Sometimes she would just stare at it at night and wonder. It was pretty. There were other pretty things too. She remembered beautiful places she had been, that Jacen had taken her too. There were beautiful Pokemon too. She remembered seeing a single flash of a Lugia, when Jacen had taken her flying to an island a friend had told him about. Where was Jacen? Amber didn't know. He didn't seem to be nearby. But there was someone nearby. Yes. Who was it? Amber tried to look up, but she couldn't. She didn't know why. But that someone had made a sound. Yes, a sound. No, more than a sound. What was it? A word. Yes, that was it. A word. "Hello?" it had said. No, asked. The tone had been asking. But "hello" wasn't a word used for questions. Was it? Amber wasn't sure.

"He...llo..."

Was that her voice? It might have been. She remembered thinking that word, and when she had thought that word, it had appeared. In the air, outside. She had heard it. Yes, heard, that was the word. The voice had been high-pitched, but not shrill or squeaky. Amber thought it was pleasing to the ear. She thought it might make a good singing voice.

"He...llo..."

There was that voice again. Quieter this time, barely more than a whisper. Amber thought she should be quiet too. She was tired. So tired...

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
The Latias mumbled 'Hello' twice. Poor creature. Too much blood had been spilled. I approached the Latias, and kneeled by her wounds.

"Wow. You're pretty beat up. Let's get you out of here." I said.

Silver, Flash, and I combined our mind power and used Teleport to get us back to a deserted part of Floroma Meadow. Now we could possibly help.

"Let's see..." I mumbled. I glanced around quickly. There were a few herbs that grew among the flowers, and I could treat her wound with this. I spotted two things I needed. I saw the herb. It was bright red and was filled with moisture.

I crushed it to make a thick cream. I then spotted the bullet. I picked it out slowly; if I didnt take it out now, it would get infected later.

"Ok, I'm going to have to rub this cream on your wound. Just relax and close your eyes. Try not to look." I said reasurringly.

I spread the cream gently around and on the wound, being careful not to hurt her anymore than she was. This should ward off infection and help it heal quicker.

"You poor thing..." I mumbled once more.

"Will she be ok?" Flash asked. I shrugged.

"Depends." I said uncertainly.

"What do you mean by 'depends'?!" Silver demanded.

"Well," I started. "if we must run from poachers, she can only be lifted; she cant move on her own hardly, or so it seems. We have to let her settle and rest. I'm afraid that she only has a 50 50 chance of surviving this." I said sadly.

"As long as we do our best, she should pull through it all." Flash said, trying to cheer Silver and I up. I turned back to the dillusioned Latias.

"So, can you tell me your name?" I asked. There was so much I wanted to ask, but she needed rest. But before rest, I needed to know her name.

Raibutai

Years
The world flew by as Volt ran his hardest.

This is hopeless... I'll get caught eventually.

Then, an idea struck him. Rolling to the side, Volt hid behind a nearby rock to charge his signature move: Volt Tackle.

"I'll make sure you'll never hurt another Pokemon again!"

Suddenly, the poachers stopped and looked around.

"Did ya hear that? I could of sworn it was a Pokemon talking!"

Volt used this time to finish charging the move. "Take THIS!"

Volt tore through the group like a bullet, heading for a deserted part of a meadow he had seen earlier. After a while, Volt looked back. The poachers, lying in a pitiful heap, were all down.

Good.

Continuing to speed along, Volt spotted some gold, blue, purple, and red across the horizon.

What is that? I should investigate, just to make sure.

Keeping his pace, Volt closed his eyes to avoid getting things in them. When he finally decided that he had ran far enough, he stopped and opened his eyes...

There was a Suicune, two Ninetails, and an injured Latias. All shiny.

The Suicune was treating the Latias' wounds, and the two Ninetails looked at him with suspision.

"Uh... I don't mean any harm... I just came here to look around... But anyways... My name is Volt, what's yours?"

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
Amber closed her eyes again, letting the light leave and the darkness fill the void. She heard soft pitter-patters. Footsteps?

"Wow. You're pretty beat up. Let's get you out of here," said a voice. Not hers. Or was it? No, she thought it was the one from earlier. What had it said? "Hello?"

She suddenly felt energy rush through her body, and then she felt herself lying against a soft, fluffy ground. Amber opened her eyes. Halfway, for that was the best she could manage. Where was she? Although her head wouldn't move, she scanned the area with eyes only. She was in a meadow. Grasses and flowers as far as the eye could see, and a few trees here and there.

And there were others. Pokemon, yes. That was what they were called. Two Ninetales, and one she couldn't identify. Yet she felt she knew the name of this Pokemon. It was on the tip of her tongue. She felt that it began with an S. Su, Su, Sui...

Suicune. That was it. It approached her, its paws covered with some white substance, and spread the substance on her. What was it doing? The sounds around her had become indistinct. The Suicune was saying something. Amber thought it looked extremely fierce this close. A little aggressive? What did Suicune eat?

The Suicune was talking again. Amber couldn't pick out just what it was saying, but she managed to understand a single word. "... name?"

Name. What did that mean? Something a thing was called. A word. Her name...

"Amber," she murmured, and let out a groan. Where had the groan come from? As she looked at the Suicune, her vision became blurry. Why? But the Suicune was looking a lot fiercer now. Demonic, even.

"Are you going to eat me?" she asked.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
"Amber."

The Latias murmured quietly.

"Amber? What a nice name." I said with a soft smile.

"Are you going to eat me?" Amber asked. I was a bit stunned by this question.

"Never would I eat another Pokemon." I said. Amber had lost way too much blood.

"Ok, Amber. You may not remember what happened back in the city, but just letting you know. You are more than safe in our hands than any other. Just try to relax. You have a gaping bullet hole in your side, and it will take a while to heal. I spread some cream on it so it would heal quicker, ok?" I asked.

I took a few steps backwards, and turned to Flash.

"Watch her, and make sure she gets lots of rest, ok? I'm going to go find some food, alright?" I asked Flash in a low whisper.

"Got it." the silver Ninetails replied.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
The Suicune seemed to be taken aback by her question. It had retreated a step. Or was that just her imagination?

"Never would I eat another Pokemon," the Suicune answered. Its face seemed to be filled with some emotion... was it pity? But that didn't make any sense. What was there around to pity? Amber watched the Suicune's mouth continue to move as it went on mumbling about something. She wanted to tell it to talk louder and more clearly so she could understand what it was saying, but that would be impolite, and Amber didn't want to come off as rude.

"That's nice," Amber murmured, and closed her eyes. The Suicune was saying something to one of the Ninetails now. Something about food. Had it been lying when it said it wasn't going to eat her? Oh well, nothing she could do about it. She was kinda hungry herself. When had she last eaten? Amber racked her brains out, but couldn't remember. In fact, she couldn't seem to remember much of anything.

Sleep came upon her, and with it, blissful unconciousness.

Raibutai

Years
Volt stood there, patiently waiting.

Hm... I wonder if they heard me...?

After a while of waiting, Volt heard the injured Latias speak. "Amber..."

So Amber was the Latias' name! But Iwonder what happened to her brother. Aren't Latias supposed to have brothers? What were they called?... Latios, that was it.

"Amber? What a nice name." The Suicune responded, smiling.

Are they going to notice me yet? I guess not, considering an injured Latias surely has more priorty over a plain old Pikachu. Oh... I forgot, I'm shiny as well. But that's not too much of a suprise.

"Are you going to eat me?" Amber asked. Volt almost toppled over at the question.

Of course the Suicune wouldn't eat you! You're a fellow legendary, and you're injured, too!

"Never would I eat another Pokemon." Volt wanted to sigh in relief when his thoughts were confirmed.

"That's nice..." Amber replied, and... went to sleep?

U-utterly ignored! What's happening? I guess I don't exist! That would be fun. Then no poachers could come and try to kill me...

Shruggging this off, Volt turned and decided to sit down and rest.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Xylon saw the comotion and started to head over there, all the while thinking
wonder whats happening. that looked like a Latias, and i think i saw a Suicune earlyer. man what a wierd day. He had also heard alot of gunshots all day. deafinatly a wierd day. As he walked he saw the suicune take off into the forest alone. at least thier will be someone to tell me whats happening. As got to the clearing he noticed two Ninetails and the Latias in the clearing. What he didn't notice was the pikachu laying on the ground. He saw the pokemon just in time and only steped on it tail. "Oh man sorry about that. Thats got to hurt. My names Xylon. Whats yours? Any thing i can do for that tail of yours."

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
A drop of water fell onto Amber's head, disturbing her black, dreamless sleep.

She opened her eyes. The world was darker. Black clouds had moved in overhead, and just the tiniest amount of rain was falling from the sky. A few drops here and there, but it looked like it would get a lot heavier very soon. She watched as the clouds were lit up by a bolt of lightning within them, as though someone had tossed a giant firework into them, and winced as the boom of thunder sounded.

Amber raised her head off the ground and looked around. Where in the world was she? The last thing she remembered was propping herself against a brick wall in a city, and now... she was in a meadow, with soft grasses and flowers. Trees dotted the meadow here and there, and she could see a forest not too far off. How had she got here?

As she turned her head, scanning the surrounding clearing, and spotted a Ninetales, fast asleep not three feet from her. It's coloration was strange, for it was a silver color rather than the yellowish-white most Ninetales were.

Taking a deep breath, Amber tried to will herself into the air. Her body rose off the ground two, three feet. But the strain was too much for her mind, and she collapsed back onto the soft dirt with a quiet thud. Another raindrop fell onto her head.

Amber closed her eyes, and inhaled again. Reaching forward with her paws, she dragged herself along the ground. Her sleek coating of feathers slid smoothly across the soft grasses, but she had only made it a dozen or so feet before she was too tired to go on. Glancing down at her arms, she regretted never working on upper-body strength. Her paws were a little half-oval with three stubby little claws on the end, attached by a little stick of bone and just a tiny bit a muscle to lobes on the side of her body. They weren't going to win any weight-lifting contests, or even a simple arm-wrestle match.

She rested for a few minutes, then continued to drag herself forward, using her claws to embed themselves in the dirt for better traction. She didn't know where she was going, or why she was going, she just needed to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back