• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Oh yeah, Pokemon Puzzle league has game-versions of 4Kids dub tracks and songs, I forgot about that @~@ Good find

Really? I never would have thought that was a 4Kids track. It sounds quite good for 4Kids.

Yeah, there a few nice ones that they made early in the series before they went to change-the-tune-every-2-seconds.

Years
Well i found this. It seems similar.

Spoiler:

It does sound a little bit like the track but I'm not too sure, it sounds familiar but I think it's a different track. There is bits of Raid! from the Anime soundtrack in there too, which is the track what plays when Pikachu, etc are being chased by the giant Rhydon and that is a completely different track. I can't find it on Youtube as all the part 2 links for the first episode are missing and only the first 10 minutes are uploaded. I have the first episode and it starts just as Ash takes Misty's bike and the notes play down like a scale when Ash is riding away from the Spearow. The music plays in Princess vs Princess and starts just as Bulbasaur is getting licked by Lickitung. I'm not sure where else it plays.

I just watched parts of the first episode again and the track you have linked does play here but before the one I was looking for so is not the one I want. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: I found it. The following link has it starting from 6:03 and ends at 6:49..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNnDZnYwOmU&feature=related

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, that's the video I looked at...it doesn't appear to be on the Puzzle league soundtrack, either, but if you want to make sure http://www.youtube.com/user/Skaz9000#grid/user/B55C6EF7D043CD03 It's a mixture of their BGM and their instrumental versions of songs

Urgh, listening through that reminds me how "samey" 4Kids BGM sounds @~@ 4Kids only ever released their movie soundtracks, so there won't be an offical version.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post but what does "Anime =/= Games" mean? I see that expression on many game and anime comparision posts but not sure what it means.

It means that the anime doesn't follow the same rules as the games. Such as how Pikachu's Thunderbolt has affected many ground types in the past or how Spikes does direct damage or how some Pokemon use moves that can't normally have.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Err who's that guy near the rapidash.

rmvddj.png

from Strategy Begins at Home!

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
Years
As far as I know, he's just some dude with a Rapidash. Bulbapedia lists him only as "Rapidash's Trainer".

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
Kanto Question

I am currently using a character of the day, Anthony, who appeared in the Punchy Pokemon episode. Just curious if anyone remembered what the name of the Kanto town he resided in was. If it was never canonically established I may make up a town.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It's supposedly located in between Celadon City and Fuchsia City. It wasn't exactly mentioned where it took place, but it would be safe to assume it was anime-exclusive. Though, the episode before, "Pokémon Fashion Flash," is said to take place in Scissor Street, and the episode after, "Sparks Fly For Magnemite," supposedly took place in Gringey City. I don't know if that helps at all.

jammi567

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, but:

Is the Kanto Region mentioned by name in the original series (ie. Episodes 1-81) in either the Japanese or dub versions? I only ask becuase I know they didn't in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow game in either Japanese or English.

Years
I don't think so. At the time, the league was always referred to as the Pokemon League and later the Indigo League but never the Kanto League.
I don't know about the Japanese version though.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, but:

Is the Kanto Region mentioned by name in the original series (ie. Episodes 1-81) in either the Japanese or dub versions? I only ask becuase I know they didn't in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow game in either Japanese or English.

In the original Gen I games Kanto's name was not revealed outside of Japan causing many fans to think it was the Indigo Region. Kanto was officially revealed as the name in Gen II.

In the anime due to this, it was referred as the Indigo League but possibly if it appears in the future in a potential filler saga they might refer to it as the Kanto League.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
I got a question. I just decided to start watching the anime from scratch and googled the order needless to say I've hurt my brain trying to find which shorts/specials/movies go where, I think I've figured out the season order but I really had no idea there were this many episodes and sagas etc. I have searched for a detailed listing of what goes where and cant find it. NowI just know someones going to post a page I missed XD <3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
oh thanks but i guess i was trying to ask where do the specials and movies fit into all those episodes O.o theres just so many or doesnt it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back