• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dOOMwasHINGmACHiNE

Years

.dOOMwasHINGmACHiNE

Rotom_Hydro_Pump.png

Introduction: I figured it's about time that I try hardcore stall. This team is ok at the moment, but I'd like it to see some improvement.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
598.gif

Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Standard Natt here, nothing special. It does what most Nattorei do: wall things and set up hazards. It's my "go-to lead" due to it's ability to set up hazards, but this team doesn't really have a defined lead, so it doesn't matter much.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
242.gif

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Adorable Blissey, High HP and SpDef. I chose it over chansey, mainly because it has access to more attacking moves and has a higher SpAtk stat.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
479%20WF.gif

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Light Screen
- Hydro Pump

The team's not actually based around him, I just stole the name from "doomvendingmachine" a moderator on the Smogon PO server. Anyhow, this thing is a great wall, but it doesn't back enough punch to 2HKO things that it should be 2HKOing, like Vaporeon. It does wall things p good, though and I think I'll keep it on my team.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
227.gif

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

The greatest physical wall in OU, Skarmory. Skarmory walls everything and their mother, my main concern is the trouble it has against fighting types such as Scrafty, Conkeldurr and Toxicroak. It still manages to lose to them, more often than not.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
485.gif

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Roar

Suprisingly bulky, Heatran rounds out the 5th spot on the team. I'm really considering switching lefies for Air Balloon, although I'm still indecisive. My main concern about this one, is that, even with 300 SpAtk, he doesn't hit as hard as I'd like him to. If there's an alternate spread that still emphasizes Tran's bulkiness, then I'd be open to it.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
130.gif

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Greg Jennings right here. Hands down MVP. He puts the team on his back. Taunt is a huge, huge, huge boon to Gyarados and the team as a whole. This thing is bulky enough to take a few hits while it sets up. I love it so much and it can come in on p much anything, murder it and be in sweeping position.

Threats:

-Politoed
-Toxicroak
-Vaporeon [see a pattern here?]
-Conkeldurr
-Scrafty
-Milotic
-Dragonite
-Tyranitar

and probably others that I can't think of, at the moment.

Last edited:

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
I would recommend replacing Discharge for Thunderbolt, because the 30% Chance to paralyze is just beaten out by Thunderbolt's ability to more effectively damage things like Slowbro, Heatran and, as you've said, Vaporeon.

As for a defensive Heatran set, why not try TormenTran? It's one of the most annoying sets around and it's sure to force a lot of switches and rack up hazards damage.

Copypasta from Smogon:

name: TormenTran
move 1: Torment
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Protect
move 4: Lava Plume / Taunt
nature: Calm
evs: 244 HP / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
item: Leftovers

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Leftovers over Rugged Helmet. Ferrothorn needs the constant recovery from them or its just way to easy to wear down.

Rotom wants Pain Split over Light Screen to heal.

When you are stacking hazards you are most likely going to want a rapid spin blocker. Jellicent is the prime candidate, probably over Heatran or Rotom-W.

Blissey wants 252 Defense / 80 Sp.Att / 176 Sp.Def with a Calm Nature. This lets Blissey wall things like Sub LO Gar, Specs Politoed and other absurdly powerful special threats. Toxic over Thunderwave is better this gen also imo. Thunderwave is just way too easy to switch into (Garchomp, Landlorus etc im looking at you) and Toxic is also better on stall to put near on all sweepers on a timer.

You are CM Reuniclus weak however, so something like Taunt/Spikes/Recover/ Ice Beam Deoxys-D would work well in here to stop it, most likely over Skarmory.

Also none of those threats are really threats to your team in your list, as you have numerous ways of dealing with them.

To sum up the changes;

Sp.Def Blissey with Toxic
Heatran / Jellicent
Deoxys-D
Rotom-W / Jellicent
Gyara
Ferrothorn

Gyarados can easily be made into a Rest Talker with Roar and can PHaze along with Heatran so you wouldn't lose much.

But yeah hope this helps a little.

Back