• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Are you playing the .jar version that someone uploaded? We generally only see this come up with that version and not the regular version.

I definitely remember downloading it through the huge link in the first page. I discovered this hack here, after all.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Looking at the script again, I think I see where the problem is coming in. There is an un-needed "If false :jump" command at the start of the script without anything that would set it as true or false. As such, whether it jumps to the "no room for items" or not is determined by whatever value is already in that ram address from any other event. (This ram address is one that gets used by most scripts as a temporary place to store values such as whether you answered yes or no, or whether there is room for an item or not, etc.)

Enter the gameshark code 010173D1 and try talking to the Pokeball again, then just turn the code off. Don't keep it on the whole time you are talking to the Pokeball either. Have the code on, talk to the Pokeball, then turn the code off while it is showing the text. There is another check in the script after the text comes up, so you won't want it to continue forcing that value to be x01. You just want it to do that long enough to make the event run.

Basically, this will just force it to be "true" while the code is on. You'll want to turn the code off when you're done though, because continuing to play with this code on would make the game assume you answered "yes" to every question regardless of what you actually pressed and could cause other weird things, so don't keep it on all the time. But it aught to fix it so you can pickup the badges.

Worked like a charm. Thanks very much, Mateo.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'll make sure to release a fixed version.

Not that it will help much people, because they are only going to be downloading old .jar versions anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I have released another update. 1.13

http://pokemonbronze.net/downloads

It fixes some major bugs, so if you haven't finished the game yet or haven't played it. This is the version to get.

-Fixed some more spelling and grammar issues.
-Fixed bug which allowed you to fight FLYNN multiple times.
-Fixed a bug which made a crucial item ball unobtainable for some people.
-Fixed being able to view town map on house walls where there was no map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Finished paying it this week. Quite good! I've enjoyed it
Question is, I know it's final, but aren't there any plans for the 4 Kanto gyms? is there anything to do after Cerulean Cave?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Nope. That's the end of the game.

A lot of Kanto assets were used in Kohto so there's not much I can do with it.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
From the looks of it, this is going to be my favourite Pokémon romhack.

I especially like that artwork of the protagonists and the starters you put on the website.
Spoiler:

Are we meant to be able to see a couple of the original locations from Gold/Silver on that bottom-left island on the Town Map when scrolling through, though?
Another issue I've noticed with the Town Map, this time in Kanto: the cursor gets stuck in an infinite loop when you get near the Pokémon League area.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
From the looks of it, this is going to be my favourite Pokémon romhack.

Are we meant to be able to see a couple of the original locations from Gold/Silver on that bottom-left island on the Town Map when scrolling through, though?
Another issue I've noticed with the Town Map, this time in Kanto: the cursor gets stuck in an infinite loop when you get near the Pokémon League area.

I've listed that in the readme.
The infinite loop thing I think is left over from Gold considering you're not able to get to the rest of Kanto until after the elite four.

Anyway, we've come across a game breaking bug, but I have a way to fix it.
To avoid it, whatever you do, do not save your game inside Acre Forest. It will make you unable to move and progress any further. If you happen to get this bug, this is how you fix it:

1. Rename your save and load it in Pokemon Gold
2. Use DIG or an ESCAPE ROPE to exit the current area
3. Save inside the nearest Pokemon Center
4. Rename and load your save back into Pokemon Bronze

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
I myself was thinking of using Gold as a base to start my first rom hack.

Bronze looks very well done for a first, and I hope I could accomplish something even half as good as this is.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
New Pokemon Bronze update. Version 1.2

Changes:

-Fixed a bug that would almost destroy your game save if you saved in ACRE FOREST.

-Changed a gift TM.
-Removed a Pokémon from an elite four team.
-Fixed more spelling and grammar issues.
-Fixed an incorrect collision value in MEMORIA TOWN.
-Changed some phone conversations.
-Changed some wild Pokémon locations.
-Removed a hidden item that crashed the game.
-Moved the egg holding daycare sister.

Download here: http://pokemonbronze.net/downloads

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Ah this is still looking great, I really got squeeze some time in to start playing this.

Back