• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Well, I asked this question once before but I got no answer so I hope someone will have the answer this time.

Anyway, I was wondering If anyone knows the hex offset for Nidoran(F) in the beginning where Prof. Oak talks? I really want to change this, it's very important to me.

Thanks in advance,
Hiidoran

There's a program to do that with the advanced generation. Here, I'll upload it to this post.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Just another question....Does this not have support for LeafGreen? Because It seems every other advanced rom works but the one I happen to be using!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
If it works with FireRed, it should logically work with LeafGreen. Although, if it doesn't, that explains why all the hacks made out of either FR or LG are always FR. I, myself, are hacking FireRed xD

But I have no doubt that it works with LeafGreen. You probably have a bad ROM. I would give you a link to a good place to download, but it's against the rules.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2008
How do i use custom tile sets? and for that matter how do i make them? just in paint?

EDIT: and for some more info
-I use advanced map(if that has any effect at all)
and
-Its for a fire red mod

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
OK, I am trying to edit the intro where Professor Birch is talking on Pokemon Emerald, and also, I downloaded Advance Text but I cant figure out how to use the search.

Click search, type the text Birch says and write the text to the ROM when you find it. Then go back, edit it and save it.

Just another question....Does this not have support for LeafGreen? Because It seems every other advanced rom works but the one I happen to be using!

That tool doesn't support Leaf Green. You could just hack Fire Red, it has better support than Leaf Green in most tools.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I am using InfranView, but when I change a color depth and save it, UnLZ says it is not indexed.

How many times have you attempted? That's really weird, and just make sure you're Decreasing it to 16 Bit. So try again, because there's no reason for it to not work if you Decreased the color depth to 16 Bit, and then saved it, then imported it into UnLZ. Make sure InfarView isn't open with that picture, because it's not good for UnLZ to be importing something that's already in use by another program.

Okay, now I have a question.
This is for FireRed--
What's the unLZ number for the Charizard at the intro screen?

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
2011 hit goto
1488 hit pal

in 16 Color Mode (Black-White)

You will need these tools well maybe not the xed one.
- Emulator
- UnLZ-GBA
- MadFenix Editor xx
- MS Paint (or any other picture editor)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I am using InfranView, but when I change a color depth and save it, UnLZ says it is not indexed.

When you decrease the colors make sure it's decreased to 16 colors.

Okay, now I have a question.
This is for FireRed--
What's the unLZ number for the Charizard at the intro screen?

The unLZ number is 2011, you can look at this tutorial, it can help you out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
How do I edit what Oak says at the start of L/G and how can I change the names of the towns/citys. I'm using advancemap / elitemap.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
How do I edit what Oak says at the start of L/G and how can I change the names of the towns/citys. I'm using advancemap / elitemap.

For Oak. text you can use program caled A-Text
and for Towns you use advance map
go to header view and you will se a change name button

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
Hmm nope. There's no change name button there? Is it Map Header... It has these offset codes..
annd..
I have A-Text but I still don't know how to change it :)
+ I want to change the notebook text thing before OAK starts talking...
confusing.

*EDIT*
ok I got the city/town names changed. but not the rest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2009
---fire red
How do I change the sprite right at the start of your heros?, I can't find it on unlz gba

Years
I have A-Text but I still don't know how to change it :)

Well, I can try to help out with Advance Text. I've only used it with Sapphire, though, but I'm guessing it's the same deal for Fire Red. I posted this a few pages back:

-Open up Advance Text.
-Load the Rom.
-Select "Search". This is where you enter a keyword or a phrase. For example, if you enter "POKéMON", Advance Text will search all text in the Rom for anything that contains "POKéMON". If you check the box underneath the search windows, the results of the search will contain the entire dialogue message. Otherwise, the results will show the dialogue message beginning from the word you searched.
-If you want to see more results containing the keyword(s), click the "Resume" button.
-Once you've found the text you want to edit, click the "Write to INI" button. A window will come up asking you to enter a section name and a text name. The section name is sort of like a folder, while the text name is like a file. Suppose you were editing a bunch of messages displayed on signs. You might want to call the section name "signs" and the text name something like "sign1". If you decide to search for more text messages from signs, you can save all these text messages into the "signs" section name.
-After you've done this, click "Write to INI".
-You can then close down the Search screen if you don't want to search for any more stuff at the moment. Out in the main Advance Text program, there are 2 large windows. The window on the left has all the section names. If you select one of these, you can see what text messages are saved in that section. Click one of those text messages to have it appear in the window on the right. Then you can edit it all you want. Try to keep it the same length of characters as it originally was. It can be shorter if you want, but things get kind of difficult if it's longer.
-When you've finished editing, click the "Save Text" button to save the text to the Rom. It's possible to save text messages that are longer than the original messages, but it has to re-point the text. This usually works, but I've had it fail once for me before when attempting to repoint.

Oh... one more thing. If you're typing text in the text-editing window and you don't press Enter to start new lines, it's going to come out a big mess when you play the Rom. What I do is press Enter to start a new line when the text gets about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way across the text-editing window. That'll bring the text onto a new line in the Rom. It has to fit within the dialogue boxes in the actual game.

And I just want to emphasize the text I have in bold. It's VERY risky to try and save text messages that are longer than the originals because you don't really know where they're going to repoint. I once edited a trainer's dialogue, made it longer than the original, and saved it, and it ended up being repointed right into the middle of one of Professor Birch's speeches. xD I had to restart using a clean rom and a new INI. Needless to say, I kept all dialogue within the boundaries from that point on.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
in the lg/fr games, the intro sprites of the hero, heroine, prof and rival are screwed up in unlz (the colors since it seems they have two palletes i'm guessing)
how can i go about editing them?

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Well, I can try to help out with Advance Text. I've only used it with Sapphire, though, but I'm guessing it's the same deal for Fire Red. I posted this a few pages back:

And I just want to emphasize the text I have in bold. It's VERY risky to try and save text messages that are longer than the originals because you don't really know where they're going to repoint. I once edited a trainer's dialogue, made it longer than the original, and saved it, and it ended up being repointed right into the middle of one of Professor Birch's speeches. xD I had to restart using a clean rom and a new INI. Needless to say, I kept all dialogue within the boundaries from that point on.

Thats because it fills up free space you can go beond by making the space.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
EDIT*
When I change my sign post message I use this code:

#ORG $showtext 0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox $sign
boxset 0x06
release
end

#ORG $sign 1
=SNOWY VILLA\lWhere it snows 24/7!

It works...but when I add another script just like it for another person, it says the text I wrote .. then all these weird letters ?

and.. how do you change your character player?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back