• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Posting pics because I feel like it:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

So epic...

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
probably the best animation i have seen of Pokemon to date, even better than some of their official movies

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Pokemon BW and Rival Destinies..eat your heart out. That animated trailer is THE Pokemon anime I would watch every day.

Team Plasma returns; and with snazzy new attire. What's more that it seems The Shadow Triad has a much more prominent role than in BW.

Wait...that's Elesa? Damn....she looks hot.. but strangely got a Crula DeVille-thing going on...:P Well, at least we know that she's returning as a Gym Leader and that's fine with me. So based on this trailer...that's four confirmed Gym Leaders? Or is it five?

THIS omg if they made this an anime with those graphic styles? Itd destroy any season of pokemon to date. Also, I do like the way they have some of the old peeps just new ways of introducing them/showing that time has passed somewhat

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
No words...

This is SO, SO, SO, GOOOOOD!!
The actual Pokemon anime needs to take some tips.

I freakin love the new Team Plasma people, and the shadow triad are so badass.

My love for Arcanine.... Grew greatly. Seriously, how it jumped out and took down that Seviper like that... wow.

Akuroma is mysterious... I love that!

Lucario <3<3<3

Bianca is even more of a cutie! So adorable! <3<3

Don't EVER underestimate Emboar. Serperior? Get outta here, you can't protect your trainer like that.

I LOVE Elesa's new look! Assuming that is Elesa.

So it looks like Cheren will be getting involved in the plot! Awesome, I hope you can rematch him later on.

This trailer is just... SO AMAZING.

I really hope they make an anime out of this, not that "Best Wishes" garbage. Get rid of Ash, we don't want him anymore.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
AHHHH I AM SO EXCITED I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITED FOR A GAME IN EVER!!!

THEY SHOULD DROP THE ANIME AND MAKE AN ANIME OUT OF ALL OF THIS IMO!!!! WHO NEEDS ASH TBH?!?!!?!?!?

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

THEY SHOULD DROP THE ANIME AND MAKE AN ANIME OUT OF ALL OF THIS IMO!!!! WHO NEEDS ASH TBH?!?!!?!?!?

I have to agree with you at all fronts :P Never before I have seen animation so good. Honestly, I wonder whether they can afford to experiment by making a complete separate series... even if only for one year's worth of episodes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

I agree, this thing was so epic...I enjoyed how epic the characters acted, kind of reminded me of Pokemon Special even...This is the best trailer ever!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Also quoting this! I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game! Maybe HGSS but I'm actually starting to question that hnnnnng.

I really really hope the game lives up to the expectations and keeps me more entertained than BW did as a result!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Would try to resist the fangasms, but to late :/

Well, it looks better than the actual anime. amirite or amirite?

Well, I can see that Ill be seeing alot of Sevipers, Zangoose, Scrafty, Bedlum, and Kink...
Team Plasma's outfit looks better, the least most ridiculous outfit since Rocket...

Elesa's redesign...I don't like one bit. It just looks plain silly, and considering she is a model, that is saying alot. I still want to know what the big runway with the crowd is all about. If its a gym, then I can be expecting more epic Gym Battles.

Cherens Heirder, in my opinion, indicates that he is a normal type leader, and he replaced Lenora.
Shadow Triad is back, of course. I want to see if it was really the Stration City leaders or not once and for all!
Cheren is already confirmed replacing Lenora since he has her Basic Badge, and that he is the first Gym Leader.

As for the trailer and the animated potential behind it, if they don't make this into an animated series or something similar to Chronicles then this will be a travesty imo. It would seem to be a type of anime that everyone would like old fans, new fans, people that haven't even watched the show.

And we don't need to replace the current anime we just need to incorporate this, otherwise I see them dropping the ball of they don't capitalize on this.

Cinto

"...AAARGH."
Years
...Are we sure this is still Pokemon? Careful GameFreak, you've just raised the bar here by a Wailord-sized difference.

...Duuude, N and Cheren are HOT in this one. Well, for Pokemon anyway. I like that Arcanine actually bit Seviper instead of doing some weird open-mouthed tackle that flashes red lightning for the Bite attack.

What d'you all think of the Black and White Kyurems, though? How did they come into existence?

And last, HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS UNTIL NOW!? ; A ;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I wouldn't mind it becoming an OVA or something like Chronicles. I... actually wouldn't want this to be a full blown animation because the animation quality probably won't be as fabulous as it is in the trailer. Though I suppose it depends on how long they would make it animes that are longer/weekly are usually of a lower quality than those that are less episodes/not weekly releases. Of course there are exceptions on both ends but you never know.

Too lazy to quote, but Cheren's "herdier" is actually a Stoutland. Not sure if anyone pointed that out (I'm way too lazy to look back) but I hope this means that we get to see what is probably going to be a Lillipup evolve throughout the game if Cheren is actually involved (which I would really love but I'm not giving my hopes up considering what kind of promo this is.)

Last edited:
Years
I love this trailer, especially Cheren straightening his tie. Ooh, that's so awesome...

(I love you Cheren!)

If I were a writer for the anime, I'd seriously make this into an actual series. I would also include the female PC as well cos she's cute.

I love N and Cheren's voices, don't know the voice actors though but they look good.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So they show Muk and Seviper as the only two Pokemon I didn't recognize so far...gunna watch it again to see what other Pokemon are different than what has been shown already.

Second watch...only saw Zangoose which I don't think was revealed publicly yet....

So three new Pokemon thanks to this trailer.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This trailer actually got me excited about the games. I was debating about even getting them, but this trailer made me lean more towards getting a copy.

I'm also one hoping that there's more animated for this. Not a complete series, but just some episodes about the characters. Particularly to see more amazing moves like Arcanine's Bite attack. That was beautiful.

It was also good to see Lucario again.

Years
I'm also one hoping that there's more animated for this. Not a complete series, but just some episodes about the characters. Particularly to see more amazing moves like Arcanine's Bite attack. That was beautiful.
A full-blown anime with this caliber of animation is an absolutely ridiculous thought, but I could see something like this happening. Maybe they'll put them on the Nintendo Video thing like Kid Icarus Uprising.

My excitement at the release of these games is matched only by my disappointment that this is only a trailer.
Yeah, it's too bad that the battles aren't quite that intense and we're stuck with chibi sprites. I've always wanted the titles like Battle Revolution to focus more on dynamic camera angles and attack animations like this trailer.

It goes without saying that this was great advertising on their part. This definitely will turn some heads when the games make their way to the western world. :P

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
That trailer just blew my mind. This trailer captures what I have always wanted Pokémon to be like. If they made an anime series like this, it would completely revitalize my love for the franchise. I haven't seen Pokémon anime being this good since I watched "The Legend of Thunder." I hope the games turn out to be just as epic as this trailer.

Back