• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Classroom 13

"Wh-What's wrong with my hand?" Gavin said, caught off-guard by the rather simple question. He thought for a moment, but not so long that the other mage would take notice. "Let's just say that, as it stands, it's not-" He stopped himself to consider whether he was giving away too much information. "It's outta commission for now."

Gavin stopped walking for a moment and said, "Are you planning on fighting Oz?...No, that's not the right question..." Again, Gavin looked away in thought. "What do you think about Fairytale?"

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister had assumed that the other mage would also respond with a question, he had hoped that he wouldn't avoid his own though, which he had of course.
"What do I think of fairytail?" he pondered his wording for a moment "I can understand why they feel injustice has been done by the humans, simply because it has. But the way the look down on them and other yokai, the way they think they are superior to our laws and above the lives of others... I despise them for that and intend to fight them each and every time I encounter them."

A brief silence went by as the two magical yokai arrived at the schools cafeteria, the same place where Allister intended to meet with Yorick, and probably Cheryll, the next morning. Taking a seat in the corner Allister turned to Gavin
"I'm guessing you can mostly understand what this is about. I have faith that Ryuu will be there, at some point, to aid in the attack on Oz. That being said however, I'm not exactly confident in the other students and so I'm gathering a couple of people I can trust, or that I think will be useful out there, so we can go in with some semblance of a unit and a plan and hopefully come out victorious regardless what the other loose cannons in our class get up to" he though specifically of the sadistic vampire, the insane Lycan and the Snowman who couldn't keep out of a fight. He definitely needed to know he could count on people.
"Besides that, Oz is a very powerful mage, and we will have better chances of countering his spells with our own if we use cooperative spells... unless you have a reason that may not work?" added Allister, still suspicious of the secretive spell caster. He needed to know what he was hiding if they were going to work together.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

"Ryuu...Mr.Higurashi?" Gavin sprang up. "If he's there and he's not fully recovered, I'll probably end up killing him." In his pocket, the hexagram radiated a vibrant purple color, but he couldn't see it. He wasn't actually aware of what he said until moments after he said what he did, but even then he didn't recant his statement. In fact, he fixed his statement instead. "Well, more like I will end up killing him. Or I'll try." To pass off his statement as a joking one, Gavin laughed heartily.

"I'm just kidding, I cou- wouldn't kill him. Though I will tell you this, I'm not particularly against the organization." He thought for a moment. "Well, I am, but I feel that they are to Humans what the Academy is for Youkai. Until the latter actually changes, I will not support its endeavors. What's more, Oz has done nothing to harm the students of the Academy, and really, I've never seen them do anything; from my subjectivity, they don't even exist. Assuming that they do exist, what's to say that they plan to harm the humans? How do we know that that's not what the Academy wants, and we're just pawns in their plan?"

He laughed again with much more spirit. "You don't need to worry about me opposing you guys, though, I'll definitely help in defeating Oz; as cliche as it might sound, I have people to protect," Gavin looked out the window. "Both here and in the Human Realm." He looked back to Allister. "Sorry, I don't mean to play the Mary-Sue. I just have some relatives back in the Human Realm; it's where I'm from." Gavin removed his left hand from his pocket and placed it under his right on the table. "I'll tell you this, though; right now my magic is incredibly dangerous." He turned his head to the side. "Or rather...I think it is. Though at this stage, I don't think it would be incredibly dangerous. Anyway, I can't use non-aggressive magic."

He was, at the very least, able to tell the other magister that much. It hopefully wasn't enough to give away what he really was, and even if it was, he couldn't see Allister turning against him because of it.

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister looked at the other student across from him, an "oh" carved on his face, which usually was very passive. Firstly, there was the embarrassment of calling Mr. Higorashi by his first name, something he did in his head sometimes for no reason but mostly because something had clicked in his head.

This could be a problem he thought to himself. Across from him, was a Deva mage. Allister didn't like how they sold themselves for power, in fact the thought disgusted him, but he pitied them more than hated them. When you give away your sole you give away everything you are, you're not a living being any more, you're a puppet of whoever has it. Not a pleasant thought.

"I might be being a bit forward here, but this is important. Firstly, I'm guessing there is a pentagram of some description on the hand you're hiding. Secondly, I'm assuming you're hiding it because what ever deal you made has consequences that are starting to occur. Thirdly, I think I have a solution to not being able to cast passive magic... sort of. It's something I have always wanted to try anyway. If I direct your magic for you, technically you're not casting a passive spell. Although, it is a hard trick to master so we should practice it a few times to see how it goes... it may be impossible, for all I know I won't be able to handle it, but we don't know if we don't try.". Ordinarily you never requested to do something like this. Casting a spell with someone else's power in the mix, as well as your own, could be fairly risky if you weren't careful. Especially deva magic... and he figured Gavin new this, but wasn't so self absorbed as to not consider the possibility. "Lastly, what is this consequence exactly? Because I'd rather you weren't dead before tomorrow".

Allister was thinking carefully in his head, he was probing dangerous territory now and he knew it. But if he wanted to work with this guy, it was necessary for them to be on the same page.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Gavin wondered if it was right to truly out himself yet. He wasn't sure if it was the right time, considering how little he knew of Allister. "Nah, there's no pentagram on my left hand." He removed his left hand from his right hand, facing his palm towards himself and the hexagram towards Allister. "What if I were to tell you that I'm no mage at all. Or rather, I wasn't. I am a blood mage, and I am my own person. This is a sigil created from a blood contract I made with the Ether. This particular sigil was drawn as a wildcard, I had no idea what it entailed or what it would give me in return." He signaled for Allister to wait as he felt around in his pocket, and then felt his torso, and then his head. Much to his delight, there was a bandage on his head under his hair, most likely from when he was in the infirmary.

Gavin unraveled the bandages and wrapped then around his hand, covering his burnt and bloody palm as well as the hexagram. "Or not." Gavin shot Allister a sly smile. "Maybe I'm just a demonist who happens to relish in the worship of the dark lord Satan. Maybe I just drew this on here with Sharpie. Or maybe I'm a Deva Mage. Believe whatever you wish, but I can't confirm anything for you." Gavin's smile faded away. "This may seem...rude on my part...and I'm sorry for that."

Gavin remained silent for a few moments, as leaving the possibility for him to add in "but", but that never happened. He stopped his speaking of the matter, for the most part. "Though I will say this: There are no workarounds. I can use aggressive magic passively, but not the other way around. Healing magic is a no go, but to remedy that I often use fire and ice based to staunch bleeding, prevent frostbite/burns, and the like. Passive magic can't be cast or wielded." Gavin looked away for a moment and said, "Weeeeell, that's a lie, actually. I can use passive magic, and the consequence for using it is that all of my magic gets stronger. I showed you the hexagram, right? When I use passive magic, it covers more of me, and when it covers all of me, I...um..." He had to think about it before he finished his sentence. It wasn't because he wanted to conceal something; rather, it was because what actually would have happened to him was rather vague. "Well, 'I lose myself'. What that means doesn't really matter, though, as I will essentially be dead."

Years

Allister Curtis

Hmm, so... no cooperative magic... that severely limits us. But it's better than nothing. Allister sat in silence, eyeing the other mage curiously, and cautiously, before speaking again
"Well, that loses us a big advantage, but it is better than nothing. At least this way we can pool knowledge. As for what happens with than hexagram of yours, that is entirely your business. I'm mealy trying to ascertain of how much use we can be to one another. Maybe, the best method of combating both Oz, and our incompatibility issues, is for me to focus on countering him for the most part whilst you and the others go on the offence... I'm well aware I'm no match for Oz, after all he took out the majority of the schools staff in one blow, but maybe I'll be able to give you guys are better chance."

Allister continued to think for a moment, noticing the sun that was sinking ever lower on the horizon and wondering about time, and how much they had left.
"I think that, as far as us mages go, there is some degree of cooperation available to us that most other yokai don't have, regardless of incompatibility. Can you teach me any unique spells of yours that might prove useful? I have a few up my sleeve but not many you'll be able to use". Allister stared out the window, wondering if he wasn't pushing his luck. Gavin would probably know more offensive magic then he did, since it was his only option, so it seemed logical to ask if he could improve his own offensive arsenal.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
100%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
Hallway

Chapter Three: Part Three
Social Interaction

Effect: None

The Song
Spoiler:

"I'm too young... ♪
I'm too young... ♪"

He poked his head out of the shower, swearing he had heard something outside of the bathroom. He sniffed and smelled... Ugh, seriously? "He's out there waiting, isn't he..." He mumbled, sighing. He had finished his shower anyways, so he shut off the music and dried himself off, putting on his loose pants and heading out the door. Solo glanced over at Eva, who was waiting quietly on his roommate's bed. "Froot loop or whatever his name is might not like you sitting there. But hell if I care." He simply shrugged, though turned startled when three distinct screams came simultaneously from the window. Fangirls. Sh**. He quickly covered the window by the curtains, sighing slightly. "Don't even ask."

He took an unrealistic-looking leap right over the beds and landed on the top bunk, putting on his large shirt before leaping back down, barefoot. Was he always barefoot? He popped his neck numerous times by tilting it to both sides, then glanced back at Eva. Why the hell was he here?? "I'm gonna go get something to eat... You can come if you want, I guess." Gahh, why does this feel so awkward!? He casually headed out the door, not totally paying attention to Eva but keeping his ears perked, as he was somewhat certain the boy would follow. As soon as Solo swung open the door, there was a loud thunk.

"HEY, YOU LITTLE BIT--" The guy, another teen of this dorm, had stood up, his nose bloodied and red; he was hit by the door. His shouting stopped when Solo turned a furious glare. It was replaced by terrified stammering and muttering. "O-oops. L-look man, I thought you were someone else and I was just playing a practical joke man, it was only a joke I swear! I just lifted her skirt I mean if you--"

"Wait." The guy gulped and Solo clenched his fists. "You mean /her/?" He motioned toward Eva, and the boy nodded, gulping once more. "I'm gonna ask you some questions, and you better think of your answers carefully, got it?" The guy nodded while Solo popped his knuckles. "Question one. What species are you?"

The guy was on his knees, clearly hoping to avoid any conflict by acting submissive. "J-just werewolf, dude--"

"Strike one. Question two. Why did you mess with her?"

The group of five or six guys on the other side of the hall were watching in silent worry, probably scared that their friend was going to be killed. "J-just 'cause I thought it'd be funny, it made my friends laugh--"

"So you mocked her in public then? Strike two." Solo glared, though there was much satisfaction seeing the fear in the guy's eyes. "Last chance. Last question. Who told you it was okay to stand in front of /my/ door?"

The guy swallowed hard, trembling as he stammered out an answer. "Wh-why does it matter to you? Is she like your girlfriend or something--"

"Strike three." The very thought disturbed him, though he found himself trembling too. Trembling with rage. "She's just my-- ... Friend." In the midst of the silence Solo swung his right leg straight into the air, bring it down on the guy's head in a powerful display of the Axe Kick. The sound of his face hitting the ground was shared with a crunch, likely from the cartilage in his nose. "Now. If you EVER mess with her, or /me/, again, I'll not go easy on you. Got it?" The guy struggled to pick himself up, covering his nose with his hand, blood on both and pooling on the ground. Solo turned his glare to the other guys, roaring furiously. "GOT IT!?"

The other guys huddled their injured friend back into the dorm, closing the door behind them. The hallway was pretty much empty now, and it was dead silent. Solo exhaled, letting his fury at least hide itself away for now, before turning back to Eva. "Let's go get something to eat... I'm starving."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

"Unique spells?" Gavin thought about that for a few moments. What had he in the way of unique spells? He'd always considered his mind to be a library with slow computers because, as he put it, "He could only find spells when they were relevant to the situation." This wasn't always the case, but he wasn't the best at pulling up spells on the spot because there were so many. Then he had to consider how many of them were actually real. He'd been studying magic for years, but he'd only been a mage for about a week, he'd had little time to actually try out many of the spells he knew. There were Demon Spells, which were about as various as those of other denominations, but that would do them little good. Well, not so much "them" as it was "the others".

"Well, there's a spell called..." He started, but stopped himself. "Agi" was the name of the spell, but he wasn't sure if telling him any spells would do anything, he'd actually have to teach him. Gavin let out a heavy sigh. "Here's the thing: you and I, we perform magic rather differently. For me, it's rather complicated, and I can't well teach you any of the magic that I use because of the way that it's performed." Gavin looked away for a moment and said, "Well, I could...rather, it would take some converting. Sadly, until I get a sealing glove for my left hand, I'll manage to be more of a threat to everyone than just to Oz. What's more...if I don't have two holes in my neck by sometime tomorrow...well, I guess you could say that I'd be far more powerful and at the same time, far less."

Gavin scratched his head as he often did. "Look, I really am sorry about all the vagueness and secrecy. It's not that I want to hide all of this stuff from you, it's just that...I can't good and well tell you...or anyone the truth. The full truth, that is. Maybe, under the right circumstances, I could do so..." In fact, he did reveal his identity to one person, but he was pretty sure she wasn't sure what to make of any of the situation. "I'll tell you what I can, though. While aggressive magic is my forte, I can also perform Necromancy and Spiritual Magic without restraint. Sadly, in terms of spells and abilities in those areas...well, I'm not too skilled. I wouldn't be surprised if you knew little of the latter, it's not a mainstream magic practice, but from a practical point of view, it should be my saving grace. Downside is that it causes more fatigue directly, and it requires spiritual, and possibly physical training, to use effectively."

Gavin looked out the window and noticed how late it was. "I guess it's about dinner time..." He let out a sigh and stood up. "Al, I'll say this much: rest easy. You'll...we'll be fine tomorrow. Should any harm come to you or the others...I'll take it up with the Board. As I said before, this should not be the students' problem. Later."

Gavin made his way back towards the Boy's Dorm, as he wanted to make himself presentable for Marilyn. He had to, he'd been through a lot that day, and she probably wouldn't have wanted to be within 30 yards of him the way he was then. On his way back to the dorm, he took out a pen and a notepad, objects he had in his pockets and started writing a list.
  • Glove of Higher Sealing
  • White Hair Dye
  • Casual Clothing
  • Yoga and Meditation Books
The list made him chuckle, as if the items on it were apart of some novelty scheme. As he arrived at the door to the dorm, he returned his items to his pockets. He opened the door and immediately removed his sweater vest and wrapped it around his arm. He then started to unbutton his polo when he noticed a familiar face; it was Eva with a guy. He was sure that he'd seen the boy before, probably because he was one of his classmates, but...that's when he noticed that something was wrong. He reassessed the situation. Eva and some guy were in the Boy's Dorm having a conversation alone in the hallway. Eva and some guy were in the Boy's Dorm having a conversation. Eva and some guy were in the Boy's Dorm. Eva, clad in a short skirt and long socks with a curious Eastern hairstyle, was in the Boy's Dorm.

Gavin's eyes reflected that of a camera lens as they opened and closed quickly several times. He froze in place, and if not for his flickering eyes could have been mistaken for a statue. His mouth opened and closed several times, as if he were about to express some sort of sentiment or emotion. His mind was running around in circles. He couldn't figure out whether to express embarrassment at his undressing in the presence of a coed, shock at the sight of a coed in the male dorm, confusion as to why she was there, or ecstasy at her presence. Then, of course, there was the fact that she was alone with a male. He couldn't process it all and shorted out. His eyes grew dim, and his body almost lifeless. He walked closer to the two in a slow, almost zombie-like manner. He then turned and opened the door to his room. Before entering, Gavin turned to the two and said in a monotone voice, "Oh...Eva." He mechanically turned to Solo. "My...my name's Gavin. It's a pleasure." He gave an inadvertent nod and entered his room, closing his door and promptly collapsing onto the bed in front of him.

Last edited:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly

It was when Milly rounded the corner that a distant voice, sounding back on the main campus sounded over the intercom. She could recognise the voice even from this distance, and stopping mid jog, the young werewolf turned on the spot and headed back. Tracking her way back to the room where she found the rest of her class had gathered.

Pulling her seat out and perching on it, she listened to the teacher talk, every now and then scanning the crowd for Volt, though she never spotted him.

When the teacher was at last finished, Milly got up and without speaking another word to the other students moved back off towards her dorm, mind weighted down with the information which had just been given to her. The school was under attack? She had never figured something like this would happen, but then again she was part of a school which was filled with fairy tale monsters which the human race had learned to fear and almost hate, so in some ways this radical group of mages had chosen their name well.

Shouldering the bottom doors of her dorm open once more, Milly made her way to her room. Once she was in, she dropped her bag and sat behind her desk which rocked slightly at her touch. Cradling her head in her hands she chewed her bottom lip while her eyes stared blankly out of her room.
What were they going to do? And where the heck had volt been? She would have text him she had gotten his number or something but she guessed it was too late to do that. Hoping her friend was ok however, she pulled out her note book and began to jot down her homework, making a basic plan for her essay.

But half away through her actual introduction, the girl stopped and chewed on her pen thoughtfully, before getting up and scooping her chair back beneath the desk and shouldering her bag once more.
She was hungry and even if it wasn't tea time yet, she needed food and a break from her work and thoughts and what was better than a plate filled with apple crumble and creamy custard.

Locking her door with a soft click, she pocketed her keys and headed once more down and out towards main campus and the cafeteria, a story book tucked under her arm. Nothing went better with sweet food than a fantasy tale of daring adventure that didn't put her at any risk.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Eva let loose a breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. The entire exchange between his prior juvenile assailant and Solo was over in a matter of moments. Sitting on the bed and unmoving, Eva watched the whole series of events unfold in front of him. The once seemingly proud and arrogant boy, was reduced to a sniveling wimp that ran with his tail tucked between his legs. He had to admit, the embarrassment that he suffered at the boy's hands, was almost nothing next to the ridicule that would be coming his assailant's way after his friends would start to tease him in private for getting beat so soundly. Then again, he would be remiss if he didn't admit to enjoying the boy crying and whimpering in defeat.

Jumping off the bed with a single bound, Eva approached Solo and gave him a bright smile with a long respectful bow in accompaniment. "Thank you, so much!" He said in an excited, almost bubbly tone. "That'll teach them for sure. Maybe now I can come and go here without having to worry about being harassed." Eva placed a finger on his chin as he looked up at Solo with a mildly devious grin. "You did say I was your friend after all." He was just about to tease the boy some more, but out of almost nowhere, Gavin approached them in an almost zombie-like manner. Happy to see him, Eva flashed him a smile and a quick wave, but it might not have been seen in Gavin's almost hit and run manner of introducing himself to Solo. Just before he was going to invite Gavin to join them to eat, the other boy disappeared behind his door, the solid thunk of it shutting down almost any hope of them, or at least, Eva, enjoying his company. Turning back to Solo, Eva couldn't help but wonder what was up with Gavin. It seemed like he was more than just shocked at seeing him here. Maybe something happened when Eva lost track of him? He had only said: "Oh...Eva" and given his name to Solo. It was a little lacking as far as introductions went.

Walking up to Gavin's door, he raised his hand as if to knock, but held back from doing so at the last second. Lowering his arm, he cleared his throat and called out through the door clearly, but not so loud as to disturb others, "Uhm...Solo and I are going to get some dinner..." He paused and tried to hear if everything was okay on the other side. "If you want to join us, I'd be more than happy to have two friends to eat with." He turned away only to quickly stop and call out one last time. "I hope you're okay."

"Sorry about that," this time he spoke to Solo as he approached him once again. "Another friend of mine. Or, at least, I think he's a friend. I mean, I consider him one. Don't really know if he thinks of me as one." Giving a slight shrug, he started walking side by side with Solo through the halls, his hands gesturing wildly as he filled the boy in about the details of the teacher's meeting. Eva wasn't ever really a talker in his youth, but he attributed this bout of noisiness to his happiness at having met so many kind people that he could talk to so freely. It didn't even occur to him that he had completely ignored his homework as of yet.

"Anyway," he continued, the finishing part of his story coming to a close as they walked into the cafeteria. "That's all that you missed." He finally concluded proudly, happy that he he regaled the entire matter to Solo in almost its entirety. "I wonder what they're serving." Eva picked up a tray and waited in line with Solo, the crowd in the hall rather thick due to the time of day it was. "Hope it's better than what they served this morning," he joked with small giggle.​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 2: An annoying encounter.
Hallways.

As Nami had left the classroom, she kept on thinking about Ryuu's plan. Just what was he thinking? She was so sure that what he told them wasn't his real plan, she could sense it. Nami started to wonder what kind of Youkai Higoroshi-sensei was, she can't remember he ever told them or used his power in class… Nami didn't like this teacher right now, he was too mysterious…

As Nami proceeded to walk, someone bumped into her. "Watch out where you are going!" a guy shouted at her and turned around, pushing her away as well. "Oh… it's a girl, a pretty girl." He just turned around again and was about to walk away. "A very pretty girl…" he was mumbling and Nami couldn't help but got angry. "How dare you to push a girl and just walk away without apologizing…" she clenched her fists as she stood up again and her eyes turned crimson.

"What? Got a problem with it?" He faced her with a cold look at her face. That was it, that was the line and he just crossed it. Nami had turned into her real form for the second time, she sure was tempered today. "Oh, another hothead… you're just like that Lycan guy and that Yeti…" the boy started mumbling again but Nami immediately knew who he was talking about. "Lycan puppy and Frio? What did you do to them?" Nami asked him a little angry. "Mind your own business." He just replied.

Nami walked over to him, grabbed his collar and lifted him from the ground. "It is my business, so tell me because i'm not in a good mood." Nami glared fiercely at him. "Chill man! I just beated that Lycan guy up and got attacked by that Yeti afterwards!" That guy shouted angry. "Now put me down on the ground!" he tried to escape out of Nami's grip.

Nami's eyes were filled with hatred. She smelled by the stence of his blood that he was a Werewolf. Nami let go of him and he fell to the ground, as he stood up Nami started speaking. "Those two are my classmates, touch my classmates again and you can find yourself a nice grave on the graveyard." Nami gave him a punch in his face and the guy flew to the other side of the hallways, then she walked over to him and kicked him through a wall. The power of her kicks and punches were super strong, and this was showed by the broken wall and the blood on the Werewolf's face. Nami, still in her Vampire form, wasn't done yet and grabbed him by his collar and lifted him once again. "got it?" Nami asked forcefully.

"Got… it…" The werewolf guy answered. Nami nodded and let go of him. She walked away with a rather seductive expression and slowly changed back to her human form. "Idiot… bullies like you are the worst." she said before turning around the corner.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - Hallways

I have my suitcase packed & I'm ready to leave. This place isn't for me. This place is for Youkai, & I'm not a Youkai. I'm a human. I'll die if I stay here. Those Fairytale gang are out to get me, I just know it. I guess this is goodbye. Goodbye, Youkai Academy.

I'm walking down the hallways, taking the longest route for no reason. Looking around these hallways, I see that that I don't have much memory for thiss place. I suppose that's what was meant to be. I have a glum look on my face right now. I'm pulling my suitcase from behind myself. Everything seems so dull...

I wish the next part didn't happen. A hole was made & someone went right through it. I coughed & tried to clear the air around me. When I surveyed the area, I saw something unimaginable. Nami was beating some guy up. I was stricken with fear, the shock spreading all over my face. I don't even recognize Nami anymore. Why is she fighting that guy? What did he do? I god...

"N-Nami...?" I said, my voice choking. She turned back to her human form. Oh my god... What just happened...?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
100%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Four
Social Interaction

Eva thanked Solo somewhat cheerily, to which Solo replied, "Right... Let's just go." He was stopped when some boy introduced himself as Gavin, then said something that meant nothing to Solo except that he knew who Eva was. Solo simply said "meh" in reply to Gavin's introduction. He wasn't planning on making friends, and if he really had to, one was plenty. As they headed to the Cafeteria Eva explained the issue of Oz and Ryuu's plan. When they arrived, he finished. Solo shook his head. "That's pretty stupid on his end, using children as bait. Someone will likely be killed with a plan like that, if not severely injured."

He paused slightly, simply following Eva through the lunch line. "We would have never done something like that..." His eyes had half-closed,his head downward, and a single hand gripping the fang necklace. "Every member of the pack is vital, never wasted on a ploy of 'baiting'. We would cover each others' weaknesses and fight as a group, overwhelming our enemy with strength /and/ numbers." He sighed somewhat quietly, only enough for Eva to hear. "Then again, we'd also avoid troubles against the pack if we could, instead of attacking them immediately." He shook his head slowly. "Any casualties will be on his head."

When they finished through the line, Solo simply picked up a bag of beef jerky and pretty much led Eva to the very back corner of the room, sitting himself in the corner. "If it's his issue why doesn't he deal with it himself?" He shook his head to mock the teacher. "Reliance shows weakness, and any sign of weakness will be exploited by your enemy, getting you killed." He began to chew on the first jerky piece. "I'm not gonna help him with his problems. I don't trust anyone in this school, except maybe you, but I'm still figuring that out. Either way, as much as I love a good battle, I'm not interested in joining in a class-sized brawl. Any one of those students could want to kill me more than that 'Oz' guy, and in the midst of a fight it's be too easy."

He let his gaze fall back down to his necklace for a while. "I've got to keep our bloodline alive. We can't disappear from this world..."

Last edited:
Years

Allister Curtis

Allister was sitting there, still pondering the issue of Gavin when yet another problem walked in... trailing some girl from his class... she wasn't his concern though. Trouble had a habit of following the Lycan around. Surprisingly enough, he was actually talking sense, at least in regard to the "pack" never being left behind and all that. But then, as per usual he said something completely ridiculous, not to mention contradictory
"Reliance shows weakness".

Allister sat there for a moment before he made up his mind, he was going to go over to the Lycan and have a talk with him. Hopefully one that wouldn't result in him wanting to set the wolf on fire. Allister got up from the table he sat at, alone thankfully, and walked calmly over to his aggressive classmate, and his not so aggressive companion
"Excuse me" he said "but I couldn't help but overhear you as you walked past me and I have to ask you something, and say something" he thought briefly before continuing "firstly, I completely agree with you. The members of a group, the pack as you said, should never be treated as lowly bait if they don't willingly choose to be such. But I wonder if you realise you contradicted yourself by then later saying that reliance is weakness. From what you said, the fundamental value of being in a pack is to rely upon each other and I have no reason to believe a lycan pack would be weak."

Allister fell silently, eyeing the unlikely pair with curiosity as he waited for a response. The loner act was certainly coming undone with him toting the girl around behind him, he wondered why he allowed it really.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
100%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Five
Social Interaction

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear you as you walked past me and I have to ask you something, and say something. Firstly, I completely agree with you. The members of a group, the pack as you said, should never be treated as lowly bait if they don't willingly choose to be such. But I wonder if you realize you contradicted yourself by then later saying that reliance is weakness. From what you said, the fundamental value of being in a pack is to rely upon each other and I have no reason to believe a Lycan pack would be weak."

Solo gave the boy a half-intended glare, though seemed to relax slightly when the guy basically complimented his race. "Trust is the very thing that can be your downfall," he said plainly. "It's different in a pack; you travel in a family, one you can truly trust to protect you. But with no pack, it's the world against you. Everyone is out to get you, and if you let your guard down for a moment they will succeed." he shook his head. "Family is something you trust..." He reached into his bag and started on another piece of jerky. "Not that you were part of this conversation in the first place." He spoke somewhat rudely, though there was some obvious hinting that he didn't want any extra company.

Of course, in this school, that's impossible.

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister listed to his explanation, it was rational he supposed, to a degree. But if this guy were to be even a little bit helpful, he had to drop that attitude. Allister thought for a second, not letting the rebuff intimidate him.
"I won't bother you much longer, I'm just trying to work something out." stated Allister calmly "If, everyone else is against you, why are you still alive? You are a Lycan yes? Then I certainly have the advantage over you, regardless of your ability or mine simply due to the nature of our races. If I were against you, wouldn't I have attacked you by now?" Allister suspected that the other yokai was actually fairly intelligent, he didn't think he could argue with his logic without being completely illogical though.
"Besides, he pointed out, if that were the case you wouldn't have a companion now would you?" he said nodding to the girl next to Solo "Aren't you kind of offended by him calling you an enemy? Despite your obvious friendship?"

That last one, was probably pushing it. But this guy needed a wake up call and Allister needed to know he could count on anyone who could even possibly show up to fight Oz, especially the loose canons. He figured if a fighter like Solo was happy to work as a group then they really did have a chance... although Gavin being so detached really did bother him a little.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Eva sat quietly as the two other boys traded tit for tat over what Eva considered merely semantics. People, like Solo, were defined by what they did, not always by what they said. Words were merely that, words. Actions last a lifetime. Twirling his dreadfully overcooked pasta around his fork, he thought about what the newcomer had said about him and Solo. From a certain point of view, it could be interpreted that Solo didn't value anybody. Maybe that was the case, but Eva had seen differently. A boy was probably busy tending a broken nose in the nurse's office because Solo had taken offence to the prank played on Eva. Not just anybody would go about doing that, not for somebody who wasn't considered a friend at least.

Quite frankly, Eva wasn't quite sure what to make of this new boy. He seemed slightly rude and condescending to the both of them. Not only was he confronting Solo, but then he was basically questioning Eva for his choice of associates. Eating the forkful of what can only be labeled as some of the worst italian cuisine he had ever had in his life, he rolled his eyes and patted his lips gently with the napkin on his lap. He had to be very careful about what he said to the rather abrasive boy. Eva didn't enjoy fighting or bickering and he had witnessed far too much of it today. This uncouth behavior was rather unacceptable, however. That, and he only payed Eva the slightest bit of attention when he was trying to prove a point, he hadn't even properly introduced himself.

"Beg your pardon?" He looked up and composed himself as best he could as he spoke. "How do you know he doesn't just consider me a member of his pack?" Eva nodded at Solo and gave him a knowing look that he thought Solo would catch on to, hoping that Solo would know he meant no offence. "I mean, if I wanted to hurt him, I could have done so. Likewise, he could have harmed me before or even now." Keeping himself under control as best he could, his personality seeming slightly emboldened in front of Solo, he forced down another dreadful bite.

"I don't mean to sound rude, that is far from my intention actually. I just want everybody to get along." Shifting in his seat, he scooted his repugnant little tray away from him and gave his undivided attention to the others again. "I'm Eva, by the way."​

Last edited:
Years

Allister Curtis

Allister was quite surprised at the girl, who had identified herself as Eva. The outburst had been quite a shock to Allister, although he certainly got why she was spending time with the Lycan now. He had not intended to offend anyone, but he felt obliged to make Solo apart of the team, meaning the class, if they were going to go into battle together. He didn't want him going off on his own and getting killed, or getting someone else killed.
"You make a good point." conceded Allister, somewhat grudgingly he admitted to himself "I had no intention of offending either of you, and believe me I would rarely butt into anyone's conversations, this is very uncharacteristic of me." This couldn't have been more true really, he chalked it up to still being addled by his conversation with Gavin.
"Actually the reason I'm bothering you is because I'm curious as to your intentions towards Oz, assuming that Eva has told you" he said looking to Solo "which she probably has. I just need to know that if you go tomorrow you're not going to get yourself or someone else killed by being reckless. The years just begun and you already have a reputation for being... blunt to put it nicely." he paused for a second, catching his breath and eyeing the two in front of him "I'm not criticising anyone here, but it seems to me that most of us in our class don't exactly mesh together very well, and if we are going to be soldiers on the same side of a war, I think it would be better if we all acted as a pack, at least temporarily. Don't you?" He hoped to have calmed Eva down, he didn't need Solo jumping up to prove a point, with his fists, since both of them needed to be in good health the following morning.
"Oh, and my name's Allister, nice to finally talk to the two of you."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
100%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Six
Social Interaction

This guys was getting on his nerves, though he calmed a bit when Eva practically jumped him on it. Maybe they could get along...? Shaking the thought, he listened in annoyance as the boy continued still. "I'm not going." His decision was rather straight-forward, implying that he wasn't likely to change his mind. "And I don't want anyone in my 'pack' that I don't know or can't trust. And that includes practically everyone." He closed his eyes for a moment in silence. "My pack is gone..." He gave the guy another irritated glance. "So if you'd kindly butt out I won't have to get up and do something. Near-death was fun and all but I don't plan on going back soon."

He lifted his shirt, and with the amount of bandaging and bloodstains it's surprising he's still walking and talking on his own. He dropped his shirt back down and glared. "However, if you're not leaving without a fight, I'd be happy to oblige. I'm not dead yet." He took another bite of jerky and shook his head disapprovingly. If this guy planned on sticking around things weren't going to end well.

Years

Allister Curtis

"Believe it or not, that solves the problem of what you acting like, well this, could do to us. Again, I mean no offence by this" Allister was fighting to remain neutral, he didn't like that he was probably coming off as condescending. He withdrew within his own mind briefly
What the hell happened to him? was the mages first thought shortly followed by What did he do to cause that to happen to him. the answer presented itself to him fairly quickly
So, despite being apparently being in a fight earlier, he decided to take on multiple attackers and someone probably had to save his furry behind.

He turned to Eva briefly
"Sorry to have caused you any trouble. I had no intention of offending you, or your friend and believe me I'd wouldn't have even got up to say a single word to you had I not thought it incredibly important to clarify this. I'm hoping that you are at least a little more caring and loyal than he is, because I don't think we can win without some decent numbers. I have no problem with Mr. Higorashi but quite frankly in his state he won't be any help and so far I only know of three of us who will definitely be there."

Looking back to Solo he weighed the pros and cons of what was probably about to happen. He knew by talking to Eva again he had overstayed his welcome, and he really did feel bad about that, but Solo was pretty much about to jump on him and he really couldn't afford to be a chew-toy. Sighing inwardly to himself he figured the best option was to buy himself a little time and make his exit.
"I'm really sorry about bothering you, and for this." he said to the pair before directing his magic towards Solo "Spissior aer". It was the same spell he had used on Yorick in their disagreement earlier, the one that thickened the air repressing the movement of the target and the personal favourite defensive spell of Allister. Temporarily the lycan would move incredibly slowly, or maybe not even at all, which would allow Allister to leave and avoid a fight, although he would certainly have made an enemy of the wolf, a shame really.
"It really was nice to meet you Eva." he said to the girl, despite her earlier rebuke "and as for you" he continued talking to Solo "I really wish we had been able to see eye to eye and hope next time we talk we do. Oh, and the spell will wear off in no time, especially as I get further away".

With that, Allister turned and left the cafeteria. He was heading back to the library, not for recreational purposes but to prepare for one hell of a fight.

Back