• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Funny a Vita discussion is going on here, I am playing mine right now, sony has always been bad with handhelds, half the games on the vita hold no interest to me at all, but the once that have interested me and the reason I bought it have been amazing. It has so much untapped potential its a joke, I mean things like Disgaea and Persona although very good games and partly why I got my Vita have been out before even though their was extra content it wasn't really a huge pull, I have Uncharted from since the Vita came out and its still sitting in the wrapper as I have no interest in playing it, I just got it as part of my Vita deal.

Vita lost out not getting MH, that was a huge game on PSP and honestly I won't ever buy it on 3DS as it just looks horrible on it. (tried the demo)

Their are games this year I will be getting like FFX HD and Disgaea 4, still no confirm on when Ragnarok Oddysey Ace will come out in EU which is a shame been waiting on that game for a long time now having loved the first one, love the fact it has online play aswell, such a huge bonus.

Sony needs to give the Vita some actual support rather than just leaving it looking like a PS4 extra controller.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I agree. That's always been the problem with Sony's handhelds. Great hardware, tons of potential, but it seems like they just forget all about them and neglect to give them as many good games as they give their consoles. I enjoyed PSP a ton, the graphics were almost as good as the PS2, but eventually my PSP fell to the wayside because there just stopped being games for it out that I was interested in.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sony is basically telling Vita owners to buy a PS4 at this point if we want to use the system at its full potential.

♥♥♥♥ that, ugh.

TY

Sony is basically telling Vita owners to buy a PS4 at this point if we want to use the system at its full potential.

♥♥♥♥ that, ugh.

That reminds me of the horrible stunt Microsoft did with the Xbox One.

"If you can't afford it... there is another console: It's called the Xbox 360"

Talk about arrogance... sheesh.

Nakala Pri

Xbox One, eh? xD Well, honestly, from what I've heard, it's horrifying. O.e

Now, the Wii U on the other hand is quite... bootiful. xD Me and my siblings are totes gonna save up for it and then we can play the new SSB when it comes out! <3

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
All the Wii U is waiting for is a successful main game for the company to get back into action. Because I'm sure once Super Smash Bros is released, it will start picking up like it should.

I'm also sure people still think the Wii U is like some peripheral for the original Wii. Wii 2 would have sounded a lot better, and consumers would have jumped on the bandwagon more quickly.

Also, hey! It's been a while since I've written in this section. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not sure if the name has any effect on sales. Well, maybe it does, but it can't possibly be that much. Wii U is a next-generation console, so people are going to buy it anyway regardless of what it's called. ^^" Also, I'm really looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Going to pre-order it on GameStop when they add it to their site.

Nakala Pri

I have one thing to say and one thing only...

Wii 2 is FAR better then Wii U. It's catchy, memorable and cheery! Wii U sounds like a creepy dating site for old people, haha. (don't ask me why, lol)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Everyone really needs to let go of the delusion that the Wii U will pick up sales.

It won't. That thing is gonna sell poorly throughout the whole generation.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Everyone really needs to let go of the delusion that the Wii U will pick up sales.

It won't. That thing is gonna sell poorly throughout the whole generation.

Isn't it just a little too early to say that?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's exactly the right time to say it.

The PS4 and XBone are out already. The Wii U had a year headstart to actually gain sales without competition, and it failed. Despite actually getting great games in its first year, it sold poorly. Now that the PS4 is all the hot stuff with the XBOne actually selling okay as well, the Wii U can't compete. It just can't.

Did you see how bad Mario 3D World sold? Yeah...

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It's exactly the right time to say it.

The Wii U had a year headstart to actually gain sales without competition
So did the 3DS, and that thing turned out pretty good. All I'm saying is to give Nintendo a little time to expand the WiiU's very limited library and it theoretically should pick up in sales. I doubt it'll ever beat the PS4 or the XBone, but it still has some chance to not totally bomb. It could still very well end up as a failure, but a console's initial performance isn't always an indicator of how well it'll do in the long run.

TY

The PS4 and XBone are out already. The Wii U had a year headstart to actually gain sales without competition, and it failed. Despite actually getting great games in its first year, it sold poorly. Now that the PS4 is all the hot stuff with the XBOne actually selling okay as well, the Wii U can't compete. It just can't.

Did you see how bad Mario 3D World sold? Yeah...

This pretty much. It is sad, but oh so predictable. Most of the time the big group of consumers goes for online games like CoD, Battlefield or any sports game that is popular in their country cause their friends play it and they want to play it too to keep up with them. A friend of mine told how much CoD sucked on the Wii, and maybe the Wii U has improved in that regard, but that doesn't mean everyone will ditch their Xbox/Playstation system for a Wii U.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So did the 3DS, and that thing turned out pretty good. All I'm saying is to give Nintendo a little time to expand the WiiU's very limited library and it theoretically should pick up in sales. I doubt it'll ever beat the PS4 or the XBone, but it still has some chance to not totally bomb. It could still very well end up as a failure, but a console's initial performance isn't always an indicator of how well it'll do in the long run.
The 3DS managed to pick up sales within that year, it's been 1 year and 3 months for the Wii U with no results.

I'm not saying the Wii U is doomed or anything, I'm just saying there's absolutely no reason to expect a jump in sales. Mario Kart is pretty much all that's left, and if it doesn't end up giving the Wii U that "jump", then nothing really will.

Years
The 3DS managed to pick up sales within that year, it's been 1 year and 3 months for the Wii U with no results.

I'm not saying the Wii U is doomed or anything, I'm just saying there's absolutely no reason to expect a jump in sales. Mario Kart is pretty much all that's left, and if it doesn't end up giving the Wii U that "jump", then nothing really will.

Nintendo dropped the ball with the naming given that it's likely most of the market they had locked down with the Wii probably doesn't understand the difference between the Wii and the Wii U, with many probably thinking the Wii U is just an alternate version of the Wii. If they had called it something else entirely, it might have sold better outside of Japan.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah, it's ultimately the naming that did it. Also Nintendo's lack of proper marketing.

They really need to sort it out.

Years
Yeah... I hate to say it but Nintendo haven't done a good job with the Wii U. It's a shame... the Gamepad is a really nice idea and it's a great console; much cheaper than its competitors too! I think they'll be able to turn things round eventually, but it won't be easy. Good luck, Nintendo. You're going to need it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023

The 3DS also had no competition for an entire year and got a big price cut early on. And when it did finally get competition, it was the PS Vita, and I think we all know how that turned out. You could argue that smartphones were competition, but there's very little overlap between the markets.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I guess I'm the only one who wants to give the Wii U a couple of extra months to get its act together before placing it in the fail pile....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back