Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 21st, 2013 (11:53 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,445
Drip. Drip.

You sigh. You can't sleep in the first place, and the leaky tap isn't helping matters.

Drip. Drip.

Really ought to get that fixed. But lord knows you can't afford to throw about much money to fix things like this. And there's no chance you could do it yourself. Poking it with a hammer didn't do a thing.

Drip. Drip.

You roll over and try to use the pillow to dampen the sound.

Drip. Drip.

No use. You resign yourself to aimlessly staring at the ceiling.

Drip. Drip.

Maybe counting them will put you to sleep.

Drip. Drip.
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old June 27th, 2013 (7:59 PM).
Astinus's Avatar
Astinus Astinus is offline
Remember NovEnder
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Age: 30
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 10,055
    One morning, I woke up earlier than I wanted because of an obnoxious noise that wouldn't stop. So I logged on to the forums to waste time and what do I find? You posting a story on the same subject.

    This is a short little piece, so I really don't have much to say on it. It almost seems like it should be a poem (in fact, I thought it was one when I first read it until I realized that you didn't space it out like one!)

    I do doubt that a hammer will be much help when it comes to fixing a leaky pipe. Especially when the hammer is only poked at it.

    Though I do have to ask: Did counting the drips help the character fall asleep? It wouldn't have helped me, so I'm hoping the character had better luck.
    __________________

    The prologue begins now! Before you start to run
    Reach out with your hand and grab your freedom
    An absolute protagonist, a perfect hero...
    Sadly, these are things I'll never become

    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old July 1st, 2013 (4:40 PM).
    bobandbill's Avatar
    bobandbill bobandbill is online now
    shake that booty
    • Administrator
    • Social Media
    • PokéCommunity Daily
    • Discord Moderoid
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: Central Coast - Australia
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 13,445
    Quote:
    One morning, I woke up earlier than I wanted because of an obnoxious noise that wouldn't stop. So I logged on to the forums to waste time and what do I find? You posting a story on the same subject.
    That's certainly quite the coincidence there. ._.
    Quote:
    This is a short little piece, so I really don't have much to say on it. It almost seems like it should be a poem (in fact, I thought it was one when I first read it until I realized that you didn't space it out like one!)

    I do doubt that a hammer will be much help when it comes to fixing a leaky pipe. Especially when the hammer is only poked at it.
    Yeah, it is short I suppose, especially when a good deal of it is just a word repeated thrice every second line. :V I suppose it's a bit poem like, or at least a bit different in structure...

    Don't underestimate the power of a hammer. =p
    Quote:
    Though I do have to ask: Did counting the drips help the character fall asleep? It wouldn't have helped me, so I'm hoping the character had better luck.
    I never actually decided if that was the case or not. So I guess you can choose. =p

    Thanks for the comments again, Astinus!
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Quick Reply

    Join the conversation!

    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

    Create a PokéCommunity Account

    Sponsored Links
    Thread Tools

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:04 PM.