• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
6 eggs? I'm up to about 200 Charmanders now and nothing. ;D So don't expect to get one so soon. However, I did get lucky with a shiny Eevee last night from about 60/70 Eevees. :)

yeah haha, i couldnt believe it, I wanted one so bad in black 2 but it wasnt meant to be. then I was getting him up last night to an umbreon, then when he evolves at level 2 I realised it knew charm ha, so I saw Sylveon then kept him instead, I'm still pretty excited

Frozthax

Youtube partner
Years
Well basically, you do the usual process BUT, you breed pokemon that came from different countries.

Ok so, I basically gotta do alot random trades, or get some friends with those pokemon.
What about IV's, I believe people breed specifically or something to get good ones, how exactly?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Will a German charmander and a UK ditto work, or not because its all Europe?

I imagine it should. To be safe, I always use one from my country and a Japanese one- at the moment I'm using a Japanese Ditto and my own Pokemon (from the UK.)

Years
I imagine it should. To be safe, I always use one from my country and a Japanese one- at the moment I'm using a Japanese Ditto and my own Pokemon (from the UK.)

That's what I normally do, but I haven't got a Japanese ditto yet. Odds of getting one from a wonder trade are lowwww!

Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a Japanese pokemon I want to breed to use with my dittp.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
That's what I normally do, but I haven't got a Japanese ditto yet. Odds of getting one from a wonder trade are lowwww!

Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a Japanese pokemon I want to breed to use with my dittp.

I searched for mine on the GTS. :) Sometimes you'll get lucky and find someone offering their Japanese Ditto for another Ditto, or in my case, for some other random Pokemon. Just keep at it. ^.^

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
Don't get discouraged. You are only seeing fast shinies because people get so far, and if they don't find a shiny by a small number of eggs, they give up. Thus we just see people who have small numbers of eggs with shinies.
I had to hatch over 3900 eggs for my Eevee last gen, some people have had to hatch over 5000! Just stick with it.

I appreciate the encouragement. I'm going to keep hatching these Duskull like my life depends on it, I only fear for what will happen to all the babies once I do finally get that shiny. Maybe I'll be making a lot of people happy on Wonder Trade. xD

Years
Never hatched a Shiny before, but after finding one in the Friend Safari and one in a horde within the same day I've decided to test my luck a bit further. So I'm currently MM'ing for a shiny Noibat, up to about 46 eggs so far without one! Hope I get one soon :(

Universal

Musician
Years
I've hatched a shiny Froakie around 168 eggs, first Masuda Method I got as of now!!

Now I'm haching for a shiny Fennekin and I'm at about 650+. .Shows how lucky I was. .

Also that Froakie was the fourth egg I hatched for the day! :DD

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years

Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a Japanese pokemon I want to breed to use with my ditto.
I managed to get a Jap Ditto from wonder trade... way before reaching the breeders XD

The only time I ever tried Masuda was with Torchic back in Pearl... I'd usually rather go with chaining XP

Vanish

Poof
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I just received a Spanish Ditto over Wonder-Trade. Will this Ditto work for MM?

As long as the two Pokemon are from different regions (signified by the region tag in the Pokemon's summary), it will work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
As long as the two Pokemon are from different regions (signified by the region tag in the Pokemon's summary), it will work.

So I can use my American Fennekin and Spanish Ditto? Or do both pokemon have to be outside of my own region (America)?

Back