• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did you have any favorites for XY? I personally found a lot of them unmemorable, especially in that stretch of the game where you have gym after gym after gym. Like there are a few that stand out for particular reasons, like Korrina for the Mega Evolution stuff and Valerie for being the first Fairy type Leader, but everyone else I feel went largely unnoticed. I would have liked more from them. But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Valerie. I really like her design and I think she fits in well with the theme of Kalos and such.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
I really liked Valerie's town and gym design... but that was about it. The gym leaders were not memorable to me. I wish they were more involved like Gen V's gym leaders were.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really liked Valerie's town and gym design... but that was about it. The gym leaders were not memorable to me. I wish they were more involved like Gen V's gym leaders were.

Agreed. And that in mind, I think that's part of what makes them less memorable. Coming off a generation with leaders that were very involved and then going into one where they're not...it just helps further cement them into being forgotten.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Valerie and Olympia had neat designs but not my favorite when compared to Gym Leaders of other generations, so for me I can't even really pick a favorite Gym Leader from gen 6.

blue

gucci
Years
It's hard to say with the Kalos Gym Leaders, none of them stand out all that much to me. The only one that I could say is memorable to me is Valerie. Probably mostly down to the fact that she's the first Fairy-type Gym Leader, just like how Jasmine was the first Steel-type Gym Leader. Idk, her design is cute, she has a pretty decent team and I really like the concept of a doll house for a Gym puzzle.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Their gyms are more interesting than the gym leaders themselves lol. I've been making my way through Y again and most of the gyms, while are not difficult to navigate, are kinda cool. Like say the Cyllage Gym or the Coumarine Gym for example.

It's hard to really be into any of them when most of them kinda just sit in their gym and do little else.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
As unmemorable as Kalos was for their Gym Leaders I actually liked quite a few of them! My favourite though is Ramos - even though everyone seems to say he's their most forgettable leader! I just loved his Gym layout so much and it was the one used in the initial trailer. I was so hyped to play the game when I seen the protagonist fly through the gym on vines like Tarzan ahaha. His ace is Gogoat too which I think is mad cool, I'm a fan Ramos you keep doing you bro.

Years
Valerie is my main squeeze. Them leggings... Dem shoes... very smoosh-smoosh

800px-XY_Valerie.png

Years
I'm on the Valerie bandwagon as well. It was so awesome having a Fairy-type Gym debut in the same generation as the type itself, and her design is mysterious yet also adorable, which are two features that describe the Fairy-type very well.

Years
I'm on the Valerie bandwagon as well. It was so awesome having a Fairy-type Gym debut in the same generation as the type itself, and her design is mysterious yet also adorable, which are two features that describe the Fairy-type very well.

ITT Valerie for most relevant XY gym leader lmao

I'm gonna have to fend you both off with a stick aren't I? Ohohohoho!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm agreeing with Nah in that the gyms themselves were more interesting than the leaders, but Clemont is my son so that's that lmao.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Yeah I didn't really find any of them memorable. None of them were that challenging in the slightest - I tend to remember the Gym Leaders who I have a challenge against because that makes victory a lot sweeter, but most of the Leaders were pretty big pushovers (even though I was always quite underlevelled). I was excited to face Olympia because her Gym looked amazing and she had a really cool design. I was fully expecting her to use a Malamar to fit with the trippy nature of her Gym, but her using a Meowstic as her ace, when Serena has already been using a Meowstic? Super disappointing.

The only ones I really remember are Clemont, Korrina and Olympia (for their big role in the anime, Mega Lucario/rollerskates, and her design, respectively), but out of those Clemont is probably my favourite.

Years
Clemont of course, how come nobody picked him... he's in the anime and traveled with Ash of course he stands out more than the rest. Also what about Grant the first time I saw his hair I was like yo this is some unique sh!t

Back