• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Does someone have the script in XSE format for Nurse Joy healing your Pokemon (Fire Red)? I applied the patch in this thread* and it erases all overworlds and scripts for anything that was already in the game. I tried recreating it but i keep messing it up. I know the thread even says to not request scripts but it's not like I'm asking for someone to script out my game. I'm just wondering if someone has it or if I just have to keep combing over my script to try and fix it.

(And not the version you get from opening up the script in Advance Map. I already know that won't work.)

*http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Haha weird I didn't know there was a limit, and yeah I did set Lugia's person ID to the flag, that's what I meant earlier it just came out wrong ._.

Lol yeah 'Gyaaas!' is a weird thing for it to say but I wanted it to be official, I looked at the SoulSilver cutscene to find out what he said :D

Wildbattle takes 4 parameters for me, startwildbattle only takes 3, but it seems that there's no difference.

I've been using #dynamic 800000 for mine o.o (If I use the FSF it gives me a weird error about not having enough space or something).

I'll try this out and let you know ASAP.

EDIT: Yup, same exact thing happens :(

Spoiler:

And, I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but the cry does work, and so does the screen fade and disappearance, it's just acting like the flag wasn't set and I never called wildbattle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Weird, I cant find a reason why it wont work for you. Try this one, I just tested it a few minutes ago using a clean copy of Emerald US 1.0. Be sure to set the person ID to 0260 while using this example.
Spoiler:

Oh and by the way, 0xE00000 is unused by default. I dont know why your compiled script starts at 0xE0003E.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Alright, well I had said this before but never really thought of it as an issue, I guess it could be though...

With the exact script you gave me, when I try opening my ROM with XSE and compiling the script I get this error:

Spoiler:

Now, usually I remedy this by adding another 0x0 at the end of wildbattle so it looks like:
wildbattle 0xF9 0x2 0x2E 0x0

That fixes the problem, but I suppose it could be adding another.

Could I somehow have an old copy of XSE? How would I check? Where could I get an updated one if this was the case? (HackMew's official download link doesn't work)

EDIT: I haven't tried adding the 0x0 and compiling then testing again because I'm waiting until I hear what you say.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Looks like your XSE is outdated, same happened to vanillagfx earlier. Use the build in live update to check yours, latest version is 1.1.1. By the way, adding an extra 0x0 could be the problem since the wildbattle command has no idea how to handle the additional value.

I'm tired, post should be clear now. ヽ(´□`。)ノ

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Well damn, o.o
I'm on 1.0.0, I couldn't even check with live update 'cause it 'couldn't connect to host' lmao.
Any idea where I can get the newest version? I just googled and found this one, but apparently versions make a HUGE difference ._.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
You are... the best person... ever...
F*CK YES, FINALLY! :D IT FINALLY WORKS :D
Now the only thing is I think I need to do a flag check because I can do it as often as I want and the sprite keeps coming back after I move once.
Or would I need to do something else?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Rofl earlier I was told to use lower flags because high flags might be outta range
:D
And does anyone know how I can make it so Lugosi permanently disappears? Also, how can I do a flag check and say 'if its true continue, otherwise stop, release and end,' like C(++) and Java, or is this not possible? Just seem unnecessary to to this:

Code:
Checkflag 0x206
if 0x01 goto end

#org @end
release
end

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Rofl earlier I was told to use lower flags because high flags might be outta range.
Yes, you can use higher flags but values like 0x2017 are not needed though. Use hidesprite 0x800F to make a specific person or sprite disappear. 0x800F is a variable which is assigned to the sprite currently being interacted with.

Here is a example for your flag check, clearflag is optional.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Alright, well after checking the flag it works properly, and I can't talk to him again... only problem is after one step he re-appears, just like before :(

I remember in Pokescript this would happen if you used removesprite without a flag, but I have a flag and it still does it ._. I'll try changing 0x800F (Hidesprite parameter) to my sprite's event number and see if it works. Whether or not I'll update this post and if it doesn't work then I still need help haha :P

EDIT: Yup, still initially disappears then reappears as soon as I take a step :(
EDIT2: I just realized something, if I move a sprite in AMap it stays moved and I save and try to play it, but everything is at their original positions, Lugia and both pokeballs in the back of the map.
To add to that, and I just wanna ask this here to get it over with so I don't have to bother some other people with this in a whole 'nother post or thread, when I make a new map and change the name and/or dimensions, then try and save it, it won't save. I can't make a whole new map without overwriting an already-existent one, am I just doing it wrong?

Again, sorry for the question overload, I just ran into a ton of problems all-of-the-sudden.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
Game: FireRed
I want to have a person remain invisible until a certain event on a map.

I tried going into A-Map, then Map Headers then adding a line of code to make the sprite invisible into the "On enter screen/not menu" script, but no dice.

Script:
Spoiler:

The script is just an exert of the initial script, I've bolded what I've changed.

Screenshots - Can't post urls, yet.
i.imgur DOT com/szVmr.png
i.imgur DOT com/edYIN.png

Basically, how do I get code to run whenever the player enters the map?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Game: FireRed
I want to have a person remain invisible until a certain event on a map.

I tried going into A-Map, then Map Headers then adding a line of code to make the sprite invisible into the "On enter screen/not menu" script, but no dice.

Script:
Spoiler:

The script is just an exert of the initial script, I've bolded what I've changed.

Screenshots - Can't post urls, yet.
i.imgur DOT com/szVmr.png
i.imgur DOT com/edYIN.png

Basically, how do I get code to run whenever the player enters the map?
You need a level script, have a look in the tutorials section.

goldenyellowcrystal

A Black Crystal of Mystery
Years
Game: Pokemon FR US 1.0
Type: BPRE
Editor: XSE 1.1.0?
Script:
Spoiler:

I cant make the sprite disappear. Oh yeah, I installed DNS in it.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
You need a level script, have a look in the tutorials section.
Looked into level scripts, made one. It functions, but the person doesn't disappear.

Script:
Spoiler:

Edit: Also, what value range is good for person ids, flags, variables, etc?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Why don't you set a flag for the person instead? This is how I do for hiding a sprite permanently then when I need to make him play a part, I call clearflag then showsprite.

Generally, I use hidesprite to hide a character after it have made its apparition, not on the level enter.

For the flags, someone told me to use from 0x1000 to 0x2000. I think that is fairly enough for a whole game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
What scripting would this consist of? I want this guy to send out a gyrados(overworld) and for both of us to walk onto it and the pokemon swims on the water to another location?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
What scripting would this consist of? I want this guy to send out a gyrados(overworld) and for both of us to walk onto it and the pokemon swims on the water to another location?
Advanced scripting. First you would need to place the proper events on the map, and hide the Gyarados one. Then, start your scripting. Say whatever messages you want it to say, then, use two applymovements to move the characters onto Gyarados. Then use three applymovements to move them all together. When they reach their destination, do the beginning backwards: say whatever messages you want said, then make the trainer recall their Gyarados and set a flag. If you don't know what this means, go look at a scripting tutorial. I suggest this one
here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back