• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
Ok I have a ?..

Yveltal's evil ball attack says: this attack does 20 more damage times the amount of energy cards attached to both pokemon....

Is that 20 times the energy cards both active pokemon have? Or why does it say "this atttack does 20 more damage" im confused

Years
Ok I have a ?..

Yveltal's evil ball attack says: this attack does 20 more damage times the amount of energy cards attached to both pokemon....

Is that 20 times the energy cards both active pokemon have? Or why does it say "this atttack does 20 more damage" im confused

That's because 20 is the base damage it does, and then for each energy (not energy cards, just energy, meaning a Double Colorless Energy counts as 2 energy rather than 1 energy card) attached to both active Pokemon, it does an additional 20 damage.

For instance, if only Yveltal has energy attached to it, and it only has just enough energy attached to use Evil Ball, it does 60 damage, because it has 2 energy attached to it. The math is 20 (base damage) + 20*X (X being equal to the total number of energy attached to both Active Pokemon), so you would figure out how many energy are attached to both Active Pokemon, multiply that number by 20, then add 20 to whatever that number happens to be.

Years
What is the best damage counters? The little 10, 50, 100 round damage counters or dice?

Whichever one you're most comfortable with using, really.

Although for official tournaments, I think any dice used have to be somewhat transparent. Not sure on that in the slightest, though. If they do, it's probably to make it easier to see if the dice are loaded, since they can also be used as a substitute for coin flipping.

Years
Charizard has a move called split bomb which does 40 damage to 2 pokemon. So what if my opponent has only one pokemon left? Does it add and make 80 damage on his last pokemon or only 40 and the other 40 damage is lost since he lacks another Pokémon

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Blurry Card...Error?

Hey there everyone I'm new to this and was hoping for some help. I have a Raichu card that is blurry and doesn't seem right. Does anyone know what is up with this card.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
This might be a stupid question, but why is the Mewtwo Full Art Card from Next Destinies by far the most Expensive Full Art from the Black and White series?

Is it just due to the fact it's just Mewtwo (with him being extremely popular) or is it something to do with playability in the TCG?

Years
This might be a stupid question, but why is the Mewtwo Full Art Card from Next Destinies by far the most Expensive Full Art from the Black and White series?

Is it just due to the fact it's just Mewtwo (with him being extremely popular) or is it something to do with playability in the TCG?

Its popularity as a Pokemon and the fact that it's still legal in competitive play (having had a non-FA reprint in Legendary Treasures) have a lot to do with that. The other bit is that it is actually good in competitive play to some extent.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Okay, should I tech 2 seismitoad in a straight fairies (xerneas florges) deck?

I used to run a fairies deck without florges and instead with 2 seismitoad at a league challenge
Ended up killing a toadpuff deck so badly.
(Lost to steel though)

And if so, how (I'll post my list if necessary)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Okay, should I tech 2 seismitoad in a straight fairies (xerneas florges) deck?

I used to run a fairies deck without florges and instead with 2 seismitoad at a league challenge
Ended up killing a toadpuff deck so badly.
(Lost to steel though)

And if so, how (I'll post my list if necessary)
I wouldn't. All it would really do is stall your opponent till you get set up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 27, 2015
What is the rarest out of these 4:

1. 1st edition base set shadowless Pikachu (RED CHEECKS)
2. 1st edition base set shadowless Pikachu (YELLOW CHEECKS)
3. 1st edition non-shadowless Pikachu (RED CHEECKS)
4. 1st edition non-shadowless Pikachu (YELLOW CHEECKS)

A PRIZE for the winner!

The prize is my gratitude lol

Years
What is the rarest out of these 4:

1. 1st edition base set shadowless Pikachu (RED CHEECKS)
2. 1st edition base set shadowless Pikachu (YELLOW CHEECKS)
3. 1st edition non-shadowless Pikachu (RED CHEECKS)
4. 1st edition non-shadowless Pikachu (YELLOW CHEECKS)

A PRIZE for the winner!

The prize is my gratitude lol

3 and 4 are the rarest, as they don't actually exist, iirc. With the exception of Machamp, non-shadowless 1st edition Base Set cards do not exist.

As for the others, 1 is the more valuable as the red cheeks are the error cheeks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Silly question, but I've always wondered. Why is Charmeleon half red/half white on the Base Set Charizard card on the stage 2 box in the corner. I never got it because he was never that colour in the anime or anywhere else.

Years
Silly question, but I've always wondered. Why is Charmeleon half red/half white on the Base Set Charizard card on the stage 2 box in the corner. I never got it because he was never that colour in the anime or anywhere else.

IIRC, that was Charmeleon's inital color appearance. I remember seeing more than a few bits of official art from game guides and game manuals early on with Charmeleon having a white belly. My memory on those could be wrong, though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I have a Machop, Machoke, and Machamp.

Lets say i wanted to battle with my Machamp. Is it legal to throw him out there, or do i have to evolve him from machop first?
How does that work....
Is one allowed to start with an evolved version, or do you have to start with its lowest form and evolve it into the one you want.
Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a Machop, Machoke, and Machamp.

Lets say i wanted to battle with my Machamp. Is it legal to throw him out there, or do i have to evolve him from machop first?
How does that work....
Is one allowed to start with an evolved version, or do you have to start with its lowest form and evolve it into the one you want.
Thanks!

You would have to start with Machop meaning it would take two turns to fully evolve into Machamp. EX cards aside, since they're regarded as "Basic" Pokémon. Well except from the Megas.

Back