• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naku's Big Bag of Mafia Shenanigans II

Bardothren

Muddling along somehow
Years
I came back to life for one game, so I may as well hop into another.

And for some of my personal favorites, I suggest the following:

Light Yagami, from the Death Note mafia game (aka, a mafia-sided serial killer that has to know the role they're killing)
Maleficent, from Once Upon a Time (aka a Godfather)
The Riddler, from Battle for Gotham (aka the most evil role I can think of)

Last edited:
Years
SNEAKING IN SORRY NAKU-BAE, roles are:

Zombie
Nurse
Time Bandit (At night, submit a list of what actions you would have taken the previous nights as a roleblocker (i.e. Roleblock <X> Night 1, Roleblock <Y> Night 2). You may amend your list each night. These actions do not go into effect until you post ?Daykill: Self?. In which case, you will die, and all the actions on your list will go through, and deaths/powers affected by it will act accordingly, as if you HAD roleblocked the person(s) you roleblocked on your list.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
SORRY LOTSA WEIRD ROLES THAT I'M NOT SURE HOW TO WRITE UP ALL SUPER QUICK AND ALSO WORK

so hopefully will finish them later but in the meantime could y'all like?? uh??? link to or fully describe some of the custom roles you've suggested bc it's kinda hard to use them if I don't know what they do or what related things to them do

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Okay.

* Cop is obvious

* Reset button:
When killed all dead players are revived and all roles are swapped. The Reset Button will remain dead and cannot be targeted by any role that deals with dead players and cannot have it's role copied by any means necessary. Reset Button is also considered a survivor and wins if innocents kill all mafia or mafia kill all the innocents (so they don't out themselves unless they're feeling really altruistic to one side).

* Secretariat:
At the end of each day phase, the Secretariat receives a compiled list of each final vote for that phase. The Secretariat will learn how many of the votes on each player were from what faction. The Secretariat may reveal their information at any time, but upon doing so will lose their ability to gain any more lists (this part is up to the discretion of the GM to decide just where the threshold for information leaking should be). Wins with town. Could have solo win for retaining ability and staying alive until end of game.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Roles from the UnderGrand Idea thread are fine as those are all fully described in their original posts

But if you suggested roles from another game, such as from doof's Gotham or pie's Blarzigord games, and they weren't fully described in the OP then I need some more to work with

I'll finish up all the PMs I can today and start sending those out

Nakuzami

Years
Night Zero

There are four mafia, two third party, and twelve town roles in the game.

Residual energies from the recently crashed Festival of Nonsense had leaked into a nearby town. The few survivors from the first conflict had passed by, and something about them just excited the townsfolk here. Who knew such a minor point of contact could cause such a bloody incident to repeat itself again so soon? It had only been like two days after all.

So now there was an impromptu gathering being set up, and it would very quickly all begin falling apart. But then again, perhaps that was the goal?​

rules

• All Pok?Community rules apply.
  • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
  • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
  • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
  • Do not post during the Night Phase.
  • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
  • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
  • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
  • You may choose to vote for "No One."
  • Night Phases should generally last 24 hours. Day Phases are 48 hours.
  • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
  • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Nakuzami as the Game Master

Desox
Calzone407
TailsMK4
gimmepie
Sawsbuck
jdthebud
Ho-Oh
Petricky
L'Belle
Kitty
Bidoof FTW
Neon Sword
Abby
Charlie Brown
Miah
Easy Money Sniper
Bardothren
Nick Wilde

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Day One

Violence erupted in the night, but from the looks of it come morning, the violence had been turned back onto one of the inciters.

Kitty was found in an alleyway, her trusty shotgun propped up against her beaten and bloody body. Somehow her face had been caught in a mixture of pride and shock, giving her corpse a most unsettling disposition.

They say Karma will come back to bite you, and Kitty learned this lesson all too quickly.​

Kitty has died! She was a Hunter.

rules

• All PokéCommunity rules apply.
  • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
  • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
  • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
  • Do not post during the Night Phase.
  • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
  • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
  • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
  • You may choose to vote for "No One."
  • Night Phases should generally last 24 hours. Day Phases are 48 hours.
  • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
  • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Nakuzami as the Game Master

Desox
Calzone407
TailsMK4
gimmepie
Sawsbuck
jdthebud
Ho-Oh
Penicilin
L'Belle
Bidoof FTW
Neon Sword
Abby
Charlie Brown
Miah
Easy Money Sniper
Bardothren
Nick Wilde
Kitty as a Hunter

Years
Okay, I looked through the roles people suggested and we don't have a granny or a tailor. So most likely this was the work of an over eager killing role who got very lucky and hit mafia. If that's the case, please stop randomly killing with no evidence.

The other option would be some sort of old maid shenanigans. The odds of that happening n0 seem pretty slim though. It'd be convenient though, it'd mean someone here is not mafia aligned but already knows all the mafia.

Bardothren

Muddling along somehow
Years
That, or mafia accidentally killed someone who wasn't in their chat, or the role reveal was falsified, or a million and one other ludicrous explanations. Who the hell knows with a setup this convoluted? Only a maf dying on N0 seems highly unlikely in any event, so let's pray it's true.

Interesting rules we got here, with the plurality vote. It makes no-voting risky, as town or third party could make their move at the end of the day and screw us over. I'd still say we should do a no-vote for now until any investigative role has more time to get info.

On that topic, here's a list of roles likely in the game judging from what went down last night:

Blob (serial killer that can use roles it kills)
Crooked Cop (investigates and kills)
Valkyrie (makes sure only one person dies)
Surgeon (kills a killer after their target)

I may have missed one or two killing roles in there, but that's what I got. Valkyrie really stands out to me as a probable role, as that lonely mafia kill is pretty suspicious. I didn't see anything that could falsify a role, and hunter was included in the role list. Judging by that "pride and shock", it sounds like they tried to kill someone and got rekt, but that's just off of flavor text, so I wouldn't count on it. Still, it'd make a case for the surgeon.

That's what I got. Having considered all this, [Vote] No One. I'd rather we not shoot ourselves in the foot by removing the Valkyrie.

Years
That, or mafia accidentally killed someone who wasn't in their chat, or the role reveal was falsified, or a million and one other ludicrous explanations. Who the hell knows with a setup this convoluted? Only a maf dying on N0 seems highly unlikely in any event, so let's pray it's true.

Interesting rules we got here, with the plurality vote. It makes no-voting risky, as town or third party could make their move at the end of the day and screw us over. I'd still say we should do a no-vote for now until any investigative role has more time to get info.

On that topic, here's a list of roles likely in the game judging from what went down last night:

Blob (serial killer that can use roles it kills)
Crooked Cop (investigates and kills)
Valkyrie (makes sure only one person dies)
Surgeon (kills a killer after their target)

I may have missed one or two killing roles in there, but that's what I got. Valkyrie really stands out to me as a probable role, as that lonely mafia kill is pretty suspicious. I didn't see anything that could falsify a role, and hunter was included in the role list. Judging by that "pride and shock", it sounds like they tried to kill someone and got rekt, but that's just off of flavor text, so I wouldn't count on it. Still, it'd make a case for the surgeon.

That's what I got. Having considered all this, [Vote] No One. I'd rather we not shoot ourselves in the foot by removing the Valkyrie.

I didn't see any mafia roles that don't join the chat I don't think. I did forget Valkyrie though.
So maybe mafia and an additional killing role both acted and the Valkyrie put the town/third party kill through instead?

Bardothren

Muddling along somehow
Years
I didn't see any mafia roles that don't join the chat I don't think. I did forget Valkyrie though.
So maybe mafia and an additional killing role both acted and the Valkyrie put the town/third party kill through instead?

That's my thought. I didn't know the specifics about the hunter role - thought it might be sniper-esque.

The alternative is Surgeon has mad skills.

Years
Suggestion - we all reveal what roles we have. At least that would narrow down some of the guesswork (even if it's likely mafia will lie)

You already outlined why that's a bad idea. The mafia will just lie leaving them with more information and us with misinformation, which is worse than none imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Why not? I'm down. Harley Quinn. Two people fall in love with me but if they find out each other's identities they're pretty much fucked.

If I say who they are one of 'em will die though. But if someone gets a read on them (and one comes up as mafia or third party) I'll out them and hope the good one wins.

Back