• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
How far does this hack progress?
I love playing 2nd generation games.
A person with the nickname "AxmanAMV" made a let's play of beta 4 in youtube and it took him 44 ~20-minute episodes to finish. So far enough to be played for a while, but the hack is still far from done. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Sigh. I'm kind of lost with the sidequests. :( I have five pages-- are there still more pages? I literally went around the entire region searching for Moltres and Ho-Oh, as well, but no luck. Also, Zapdos doesn't at all appear with me in the Abandoned Warehouse. What am I missing?

miksy91

Years
Sigh. I'm kind of lost with the sidequests. :( I have five pages-- are there still more pages? I literally went around the entire region searching for Moltres and Ho-Oh, as well, but no luck. Also, Zapdos doesn't at all appear with me in the Abandoned Warehouse. What am I missing?
Hi,

If I had to guess, I'd say you're missing the page from the (originally locked) house in Western Lake. It's located in the drawer. *maybe a bit too tricky place to put one though...*
Ho-Oh will be obtainable as soon as you've acquired 6 pages (won't tell how though, but you're bound to run into it sooner or later!)

Moltes, along with another secret event, are located in an underground dungeon in Yellowleaf Town. You can access it with a Key from Espeon which I think you have obtained already.

Zapdos will appear in the warehouse as soon as you have "lured" it there. Try searching one of the "path ends / corners" in Area 110 (next to The Jungle). Once you have found it, follow it until the player notices that it's flying towards a big building in the town ahead. Once Zapdos goes there, you'll have to "play" for a while to fight it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I just found Moltres and Ho-Oh. Love the idea of the Eevee forest! Brilliant. :) I can't seem to encounter Zapdos on 110, though. It's strange. Or maybe I have but it won't appear in the Warehouse? I am unsure.

Amazing hack, by the way. Truly! I played a lot of hacks, but this and Pokémon Prism are by far the most innovative. Great job.

miksy91

Years
I just found Moltres and Ho-Oh. Love the idea of the Eevee forest! Brilliant. :) I can't seem to encounter Zapdos on 110, though. It's strange. Or maybe I have but it won't appear in the Warehouse? I am unsure.

Amazing hack, by the way. Truly! I played a lot of hacks, but this and Pokémon Prism are by far the most innovative. Great job.
Thanks for the positive feedback :)

I'm pretty sure there are no bugs related to obtaining Zapdos, so you most likely haven't run into it in Area 110.
So what you've got to do is to "try to find" a hidden item at the end of a "one-tile path". In the lower part of the route, there are small trees and a two-tile long one-tile path.
To put it simply, Zapdos will fly towards you (for the first time) when you approach the end of that path and click A button (that's what you do when looking for hidden items as well).

You should notice Zapdos flying to you and escaping north. Follow it and it will be straightforward from there.

*This sidequest is also a bit difficult to do unless you're familiar with checking "one-tile path ends" for hidden items. I have often put them in such places (which is also mentioned in the beginning of the hack when you obtain Itemfinder).

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Can someone give me a list of sidequests and how to activate them please?

And how do you get the scientist guy to remember the paaword? And if it's the radio card, where would you get it?

miksy91

Years
Can someone give me a list of sidequests and how to activate them please?
You don't have to "activate" any of the sidequests. They will be marked to your "profile" as soon as you have finished them.

I've put a list containing all of the sidequests in beta 4 inside the following spoiler.
Spoiler:

And how do you get the scientist guy to remember the paaword? And if it's the radio card, where would you get it?
That scientist will never remember the password/code. You'll get it from someone else who has worked there before.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
You don't have to "activate" any of the sidequests. They will be marked to your "profile" as soon as you have finished them.

I've put a list containing all of the sidequests in beta 4 inside the following spoiler.
Spoiler:

That scientist will never remember the password/code. You'll get it from someone else who has worked there before.

Thanks for the help, I got most done, except for the last one. Where is Fisherman Dustin?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
Love this hack, I reached the end of the story curious to know when 5.0 is availiable.

Also any help on the missing pages is appreciated I've looked everywhere and still missing 4 of them. Plz help

Also trying to find the key for the underground dungeon in yellowleaf.

I just went to the locked house in western lake but its still locked? How do you open it also I can't find fisherman Dustin house I tried following from an earlier post but I still can't find it?

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
hey, i'm stuck after i got the first side quest done, what do I do, how do I get to East Suden?
You're just supposed to go back to Centralgate City and head east to the other side. I don't think it's possible to run into any more complicated issue than that.

Love this hack, I reached the end of the story curious to know when 5.0 is availiable.
Thanks! Beta 5 won't be out in a long time at least. Currently, I have a lot of studies to take care of so I probably won't have much time to hack until May or so - who knows what happens in the summer though.

Also any help on the missing pages is appreciated I've looked everywhere and still missing 4 of them. Plz help

Also trying to find the key for the underground dungeon in yellowleaf.
You'll get the key once you have found 5 pages first. There are six pages in total and you can find 5 of them in West-Suden, and one is obtainable through a sidequest that you can do after reaching Granaldo City.
There has been plenty of discussion about the pages so if you can't find them on your own, see what others have written. I'm simply bored of answering the same things over and over again - you'll find the answers if you look at the earlier posts :)

I just went to the locked house in western lake but its still locked? How do you open it also I can't find fisherman Dustin house I tried following from an earlier post but I still can't find it?
You can unlock the house after visiting the secret part of Area 109 (with Surf).
Fisherman Dustin's house can also be reached after receiving Surf - you can access it from Area 111.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
Thank you I'll look, good luck on your studies and I look forward to 5.0 you really have a good game here I literally couldn't put it down.
I don't know if its possible but if it is can you do a trading system through bluetooth everyone is playing this at my work or possibly a battle system.
Also I look forward to possible hitmonlee, and hitmonchan in the next beta.

Also when 5.0 comes out will my save game from 4.0 work

Ok found how to get the pages, I looked to try and find moltres, articuno, ho oh, and mew. I understand about answering the same questions over and over again, if there is a video link to help with certain quests I can find them but I went through alot if posts and I don't mind looking for myself I but I'm using a slow mcdonalds wifi and literally takes me an hour to go through 7 pages of post. And the legendary dogs I look forward to them in a future release. Thank you for your patience and time.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Thank you I'll look, good luck on your studies and I look forward to 5.0 you really have a good game here I literally couldn't put it down.
I don't know if its possible but if it is can you do a trading system through bluetooth everyone is playing this at my work or possibly a battle system.
Thanks. And fun to hear you have (or someone else) have been sharing the hack to others, and many of you like playing this :D A bit of a surprise to hear that however.
How old are your working mates (who play this hack beside you) ?

Also I look forward to possible hitmonlee, and hitmonchan in the next beta.
I never tested it, and I'm still not even sure how the game handles the breeding system. But if I'm correct, you should be able to use that Hitmontop which you receive from trading to breed Tyroques and raise them into Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee.

Also when 5.0 comes out will my save game from 4.0 work
Impossible to say really. I'll be doing a few changes at least, but not sure if they will cause any major effect or not (I'll know in time, but so far, can't say a thing about that).

Ok found how to get the pages, I looked to try and find moltres, articuno, ho oh, and mew. I understand about answering the same questions over and over again, if there is a video link to help with certain quests I can find them but I went through alot if posts and I don't mind looking for myself I but I'm using a slow mcdonalds wifi and literally takes me an hour to go through 7 pages of post. And the legendary dogs I look forward to them in a future release. Thank you for your patience and time.
Well in case you know how to get all the pages, obtaining most of the legendary pokemon won't be a big mystery since the missing pages sidequest is related to quite many of them. Articuno and Zapdos don't play a part in that though, but what comes to them, I just answered someone (maybe it was you, I don't know :D ) how to get Zapdos, and the place where you can find Articuno is pretty self-explanotary.
Then again, being able to reach it requires a specific key item that starts with letter "S".

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2019
When I talk to Professor Joke, he says "have fun with that Chikorita" when you get Totodile... Is that on purpose? or was this on accident?

miksy91

Years
When I talk to Professor Joke, he says "have fun with that Chikorita" when you get Totodile... Is that on purpose? or was this on accident?
Since the other guy got Chikorita, I guess Prof. Joke just confused him picking that first.
(So yeah, it was on purpose.)

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
Thanks. And fun to hear you have (or someone else) have been sharing the hack to others, and many of you like playing this :D A bit of a surprise to hear that however.
How old are your working mates (who play this hack beside you) ?

I'm 30 been playing Pokemon since it came to America, the other Co workers play it, my store manager told me about this particular game. Were trying to get a couple other guys at pizza hut (work). They are 22 - 24 yrs old. We were having a contest to see who can complete it faster, I'm also trying to get a few if my friends to pay it as well. Those of us that have played it really like the story. Really smart and not so much kid oriented. I finally am down to my last sidequest, magikarp man, but his sidequest is self explanatory just lvling magikarp now

I never tested it, and I'm still not even sure how the game handles the breeding system. But if I'm correct, you should be able to use that Hitmontop which you receive from trading to breed Tyroques and raise them into Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee.

Of course lol didn't think of that

Speaking of the trade house why doesn't the man want my super onix, I've lvled it up to 57 with metal coat thinking I need to evolve him, no evolution yet. And what does he trade you.

Impossible to say really. I'll be doing a few changes at least, but not sure if they will cause any major effect or not (I'll know in time, but so far, can't say a thing about that).

Ok I hope so if not it was fun wouldn't mind playing it again.

Well in case you know how to get all the pages, obtaining most of the legendary pokemon won't be a big mystery since the missing pages sidequest is related to quite many of them. Articuno and Zapdos don't play a part in that though, but what comes to them, I just answered someone (maybe it was you, I don't know :D ) how to get Zapdos, and the place where you can find Articuno is pretty self-explanotary.
Then again, being able to reach it requires a specific key item that starts with letter "S".

I like the sidequests I'm huge into final fantasy and I loved the references by the way I had alot of fun playing it sad I'm coming to the end though, thank you for the game I haven't really played a Pokemon game since leaf green but definitely renewed my love for the series. I'm going to learn how to do this and make one as well I've already got a couple ideas so I'm excited about that.

miksy91

Years
I'm 30 been playing Pokemon since it came to America, the other Co workers play it, my store manager told me about this particular game. Were trying to get a couple other guys at pizza hut (work). They are 22 - 24 yrs old. We were having a contest to see who can complete it faster, I'm also trying to get a few if my friends to pay it as well. Those of us that have played it really like the story. Really smart and not so much kid oriented. I finally am down to my last sidequest, magikarp man, but his sidequest is self explanatory just lvling magikarp now.
Okay :D, I see! It's fun to see how this hack attracts adults as well. I did try to put it that way though, so I'm not totally surprised, but I haven't heard a "story" such as this before :)

(Like it's probably easy to tell, I'm born in -91 myself, so thus the "not so kid oriented" storyline.) I'm personally fine with most of the storyline, but there are some bad and cliche parts. However, no one should expect a programmer (I'm actually only a student of IT and nothing more!) to make a game with a great storyline as well. That's normally the thing the writers are for.

Speaking of the trade house why doesn't the man want my super onix, I've lvled it up to 57 with metal coat thinking I need to evolve him, no evolution yet. And what does he trade you.
Others have also been giving critique based on this stupid script, and I had decided to change it and already re-implemented it. However, the new implementation will be available in beta 4.1, so until then, nothing special will happen you talk to that person. He will keep saying the same thing, no matter how much you level up your Super Onix.

In case you want to take a look, this is how it's been changed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcDzWcE4qw

I like the sidequests I'm huge into final fantasy and I loved the references by the way I had alot of fun playing it sad I'm coming to the end though, thank you for the game I haven't really played a Pokemon game since leaf green but definitely renewed my love for the series. I'm going to learn how to do this and make one as well I've already got a couple ideas so I'm excited about that.
Thanks for the positive feedback to you too!

It took me a lot of time to get to the level where I am right now, in fact, almost four years...
However, when I started, I didn't know anything about programming, and I got a little guidance in the beginning (or maybe I got, but I never put that in use since I was probably too childish to experiment on my own with things that felt very difficult).

Anyway, you could try looking at my video tutorials in YouTube if you want :)
The link to the first video in my hacking series is in my signature.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
Thank you I've seen a few of the videos and have been very informative. It seems time consuming but fun I took a couple of game design classes in college I'm probably going back to that next semester so this will help.

Back