• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPod Problems - Sending Back To Apple

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2009
My wheels and play and stop buttons was not working and went into Town and got into the Apple Store, got in and gave my iPod to the man and he plugged in the USB Cable and i saw all my bought music gone, with no backup disk, he said it needs to be sent to Apple and i said ok, he said "It may take within 12 working days." so i said "That's fine!" and now i have no music to listen to on my iPod but i'm hoping it's broken and i get a new one! :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
If you get your iPod back without the music on it, file a claim in small claims court for the value of the music you lost. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, sorry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
If you get your iPod back without the music on it, file a claim in small claims court for the value of the music you lost. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, sorry.

I know what you mean about not knowing what she meant, but I'm pretty sure she's not complaining about anything. First and foremost, if that's the problem and the main reason for this thread, it's actually on you to back up your purchased music. After all, after you purchase music at the iTunes store, it asks you to back it up. Secondly, songs aren't purchased through your iPod anyway unless you have an iPod touch with stable internet access to download it through that, and even then, you can sync it with iTunes and transfer the songs. But that comment is only if you are complaining because you didn't still have your music on it. And even if the problem is due to the music, you still have other means of getting it back (assuming that you don't have it on your computer).

If you contact iTunes support, they'll usually be very lineint on allowing you to redownload all purchased materials that are still in the iTunes store from your account at now charge to you.

If it's broken and Apple can't fix it, unless you're still within your warrenty, it's still going to cost you some money. It's not much, though, even for something like an 80 GB iPod or something like that. It's usually refurbished, though, when you get a replacement unless you plan on buying a brand new iPod, which I... really wouldn't recommend doing unless you want a brand new one.

Anyway, yeah... if you aren't complaining at all about it and are just sharing something that happened, then cool story, bro.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
That happened to my iPod (minus the wheel problems) I just went and exchanged it since I had a two-year warranty.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2009
My computer broke with my music on so, i could contact Apple to see how to get them back.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2010
Is this the ordinary iPod or the iPod Touch version?

Back