• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually Blastoise was able to learn Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse in Gen 5 with their respective TMs. I just found out that the Dark Pulse TM makes a return this Gen and the TM for Dragon Pulse no longer exists... I really wanted to take advantage of Mega Blastoise's Mega Launcher ability.

Blastiose has never been able to learn either Dark Pulse or Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse was a TM and still is, but I do not believe he can learn it. Dark Pulse was a Move Tutor in gen 5, and Blastoise could not learn it then. It returns to TM status this Gen I believe, but do not think it can learn it still. The only two moves that Mega Launcher effects may be Water Pulse and maybe Focus Blast.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
new pokemon player here, i just caught a nincada. I looked at the evolution chart for it and i want to get Ninjask, but i'm confused on the how, " if the player has a spare slot in the party and an extra pokeball a shedninja will appear in the player's party when Nincada evolves. An extra pokeball is not necessary to obtain Shedinja in Generation III.
can somone explain this further and is it still relevant in pokemon x and y?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Can somebody explain what I should be looking for with the pokeradar?

It just seems random to me. Right when I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to it all falls apart. It really does seem like nonsense.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
yeah, i also have a question about the pokeradar. How do i even use it. Whenever i try to use it it says "There is a time and place for everything! but not now."

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
yeah, i also have a question about the pokeradar. How do i even use it. Whenever i try to use it it says "There is a time and place for everything! but not now."

You can't use it while on the bike or roller skates. You also have to be on the grass when you use it.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
What are some quick ways to earn some money aside from Elite Four?

Spoiler:

Morning Star

The Shining One
Years
Does anyone have any idea how to get that discount coupon that the woman in Boutique Couture talks about? I want those cute clothes, but I don't want to pay that not-cute price!

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
Years
I am having lot of trouble staying connected to the internet with Pokémon X. My 3DS XL however, stays connected all the time, so I don't get why the game doesn't. It's really irritating when I am trading Pokémon.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I had that too. Make sure you are walking. You can't be on your skates or the bike when using it.

Last edited:
Years
EV Training/Super Training Question

Hey guys,

I have a question about EV/Super Training in Pokémon X & Y now. I'm trying to EV train a Scyther/Scizor. When I used to EV train in Black/White, I hatched a fresh new egg to make use of every level - however, surely there is no need to hatch an egg from scratch now? I've just caught a Scyther at Level 51, surely I can just Super Train it from now as it has no EV stats used yet?

Am I right?

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back