• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Dawn & Dusk Versions

Name Change

• Total voters

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
beta 2 update i have decided to go to the 4th gym battle so you guys can see the new content i have been working on since the revival and overhaul of this game a few years back i just need to finish up a few overworld sprites and place trainers in the gym and other routes of the game and the second beta should be up and ready to go soon. If you would like to see anything else before the beat comes out please ask me via PM. Also for those on Facebook who like more frequent updates you should check at the group page i made for the games i post more updates there on the both games. https://www.facebook.com/groups/959450870753929/

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Quick update working on beta 2 right now and i have a question do you think i should keep all 3 regions or remove the other 2 and just do one region with some kinda post game island?

Years
I hate what I see in beta 2, I think you should use the sprites that you used in beta 1, and please, don't put fakemon in the game, sorry if I am being so rude, but man, you are ruinig your hack! (Sorry for bad english)

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
I hate what I see in beta 2, I think you should use the sprites that you used in beta 1, and please, don't put fakemon in the game, sorry if I am being so rude, but man, you are ruinig your hack! (Sorry for bad english)

Umm this is a fan game and second what's wrong with fakemon? It's a brand new game and i think it needs custom pokemon as for the old sprites do u mean trainers or tiles because the feedback i got said i should use custom sprites and gen 4/5 graphics plus region one is already done for the most part. And no i don't think your being rude.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
would anybody like to make support banners and other stuff like that so fans can show they support the game? If you do please pm me on here and i will give you what you need to get started. Also would anyone be interested in making new logos i used bits and pieces from real pokemon games to make the logos.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Beta 2 update. I have updated to version 16 of the kit and have added a few things to the game like an animated title screen and the ability to have pokemon follow you in the game. As for when you can expect the next beta I need to finish up a few things first like the rest of the trainers on the routes i need to set up encounters for all maps and finish up the 4th gyms city. Also as far as updates go I have a plan to release content patches once i get the second region done I will explain what I mean when we get to that point so for now Beta 2 is coming soon maybe by the end of next month if I work at it.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Beta 2 Update I know i have been saying it's coming and it is soon i need to focus my time on the game more than i do. So for now the beta is almost done the 4th gyms city need the insides of the houses done and trainers in the gym and i need to create trainers for the routes where i added more trainers so you can get more exp. I have also decided to add a battle frontier to the game just need to make the map look they way I want first. Also I'm looking for some help with this game as I am making this all on my own for about 4 years now. Please pm if you would like to help out in anyway those who do will be put into the game as a trainer any where they want except for gym leaders e4 and the champion. That's all for now hope to have the next beta up soon.

UnOvAEinall

UnOvA
Years
I´m sorry but the graphics are awful :(
But I like the tileset you used.
Hold on! Maybe it will be better some day.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
You may have to change the name of this game due to Game Freak trademarking Pokemon Sun and Moon..

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
You may have to change the name of this game due to Game Freak trademarking Pokemon Sun and Moon..

The million and a half pokemon lightning/thunder yellow fangames and romhacks would say otherwise; DON'T worry about it unless it bothers you.

I highly recommend you take some time and proofread your game text, as it seems riddled with typos, and avoid the neon bright colors, because they just look eye-gouging. I'd switch them to pastels at the very least.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Man you all beat me to it but as of right now its only a rumor i'm waiting till 10am to make an announcement also what text has typos if its the one i think i fixed it after i realized i spelled it wrong and what's wrong with the color im just using the font changing colors by default in rpg maker xp.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
BIG UPDATE: So it seems Nintendo has decided to use my names for the next pokemon games so i have a question more for the mods on this part of the site do i need to change the names of the games to avoid an issue or am i okay since this isn't the same as the real version? And if i do i have two names in the works.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Sorry for the confusion, the font colors are fine as-is. I meant the neon bright colors of your sprites. (For example, the color 0000ff is *never* acceptable for a green color)

As for fangame names, I think it's ultimately up to you to decide what you'd like or not like for a name.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Sorry for the confusion, the font colors are fine as-is. I meant the neon bright colors of your sprites. (For example, the color 0000ff is *never* acceptable for a green color)

As for fangame names, I think it's ultimately up to you to decide what you'd like or not like for a name.

Are you referring to the first frontier brain? And second that's why i asked the question because i know Nintendo and the people here they might be like omg the new games are being made for pc because they will see my games and think i work for pokemon and they gave access to there new games before the announcement, I'm just worried I might get into trouble for having the names. Besides if i do need to change the names I have two ideas for the games and with the new titles i could spawn a third version provided someone can create a new pokemon and name for the new version.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
BIG UPDATE: So it seems Nintendo has decided to use my names for the next pokemon games so i have a question more for the mods on this part of the site do i need to change the names of the games to avoid an issue or am i okay since this isn't the same as the real version? And if i do i have two names in the works.
I won't force you to change it, but it's clearly in your best interests to do so. Any reasonable person would expect this to be related to Pokémon SM, which it isn't, and no one wants that confusion. It'll be pushed to the bottom of searches by Pokémon SM, and I'm sure you wouldn't want your game to be harder to find. Since it looks like the name "Sun & Moon" has no significance on the game itself, I presume it would be fine to rename it.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Update I would like to announce that i have someone willing to help me on this game i won't give out the persons name just yet but if anyone else wants to help i still need a scripter and anyone who is good at making pokemon sprites only i have a someone for trainers right now.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Update good news today there are a few new features that are coming and should be included in beta 2 of the game I would like to announce for now pokemon contest. If anyone has any ideas for new features please let me know I am open to ideas.

Back