• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Scyther's draw

Years
Hi!!!

Another SS drawing..

Pisces Aphrodite

C5YuJ5oWYAEWwfy.jpg

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I'm in love with the messy pencil/pen look and how it contrasts well with your great, smooth linework.

Can you tell me a little bit about how long a picture takes you, or about your process?​

Years
I'm in love with the messy pencil/pen look and how it contrasts well with your great, smooth linework.

Can you tell me a little bit about how long a picture takes you, or about your process?​

Hi Kiyo...

It takes me a few minutes to do the basic sketch.. the linework and the shading is more elaborated.. maybe two or three hours.. I try to use the basic lines of the sketch I do and after, I create a contrast between the two (pens and Pencils) just using one as a base.. usually the pencil is the key.. I use 6b Pencils to shade and make the lines more thick, a 2h to do the sketch.. a basic number two as a liner, and a "Paper-Mate" or "Sharpie" pen.

I can't actually explain on detail.. I do it naturally, I'm an autodidact on drawing. Excuse me if that wasn't clear enough

Thanks for comment

PokéboxHub

A Pokébox for every Pokémon! ;)
Years
Damn, the drawings look awesome! That Scyther is amazing, one of my favorites as well ;)

Years
Wow.. it's been a long time from the last time I entered here.. I want to recover my account.. So I am going to make some drawings to post them soon :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
These are really sick pencil drawings. i do have some suggestions but I'll wait until you post a more current piece before mentioning them! Can't wait to see 'em, :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello everyone..

After trying in a fruitless Way to post a drawing I made of Metagross.. I finally have another one..

This time is the insect/fight type Heracross...

I hope all of you like it

http://twitter.com/j_rojas2015/status/1150933231983898625?s=09
I hope this isn't too much of an annoyance, but do you mind posting the art here directly and not just linking to it?

That Heracross is remarkably well done though! It reminds me of legit, new school Pokémon TCG art. Have you tried using a blending tool to smooth out your shading?

Years
Hi, thanks for commenting here!!

Trust me, I tried to do it... But I couldn't. I used to post it directly by using a post on my Twitter timeline and it was uploaded as an image, but
on these days I tried with two different images and no one didn't work. So I've had to post a link to my tweet. Sorry for the nuisance.

I will be posting soon!

Back