• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Actually you need to go to the Trainers' School battle the rival and then go east. Don't use cheat codes if you can't continue with the game, just stop playing since cheat codes ruin the fun. And I do think this hack deserved Hack of the Year too, it was Emerald/DPP based and had Torchic as a starter, etc.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
Actually you need to go to the Trainers' School battle the rival and then go east. Don't use cheat codes if you can't continue with the game, just stop playing since cheat codes ruin the fun. And I do think this hack deserved Hack of the Year too, it was Emerald/DPP based and had Torchic as a starter, etc.

I revisted every building, including the trainer's school, before turning on the cheat. The only battles that took place in the school were against two kids.

Turning on the walk through walls cheat for 15 seconds to enable me to continue playing the game didn't ruin anything. Having to quit prematurely after spending several hours catching all the pokemon and evolving my Poochyena would've ruined plenty of fun, though.

I guess you're a Torchic fan...reusing the default 3rd-gen starters in a 3rd gen game doesn't seem epic enough to merit an award like that, but hey, the people have spoken, I'm not gonna argue it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
In my opinion, only complete or near-complete games should receive a title as prestigous "hack of the year". If anyone happens to be looking for a finished product to play while they wait for Azure Horizons, try Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition. It's a total overhaul of the original red version, so if you don't mind the graphics, it's definitely worth a play.

The thing is, complete or near-complete games are hard to come by, especially with a recent one. In general, older (even the completed ones) games are just less popular than newer, 3rd generation hacks - save CBM's hacks, which already won a few HotYs. Many hackers have adopted a, uh, procrastinative nature. That is to say that we're lazy (most of us, anyway), and tend to not completely finish games all the way through. It's going to be difficult to find a complete, recent game worthy of the community's attention every single year.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Production on the hack has been going very steadily but Beta 2 will be released eventually, don't worry. I've just finished inserting the hero and heroine's sprites into the game.

Spoiler:

Also, since people have been complaining on the difficulty of the 1st Gym, I decided to change Quinn's team around.

click me

Years
I like the trainer sprites for Brendan and Celeste! Brendan's reminds me of Red's from HGSS which I like. I also saw the video and I like how Quinn uses three Pokemon now. I'm guessing the 4th gym is at Livy Town the city south of Dordoran City. Has the layout of the Livy Town Gym changed since you uploaded the Livy Gym video on April 12, 2008?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I love Celeste's sprite; it looks very professional.
However, Brendan's hair looks a little weird imo. I think the shading on it needs to be adjusted.

JustSnilloc

Theorist Extraordinaire
Years
Is this complete? if not how much does it lack... I'm deffinately not the beta testing kind of person... I like to play the finished product (although I like to see pics and vids of the betas, I don't like playing them)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2012
HELLOS!! i m new to dis pokecommunitiny n im sooo impressed by dis COOL hack! It gt my attention stright away cause d screenshots look interesting n suicune is my fav pokemon!! Anyways d heroine sprite pose look awesome!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I doubt that the Hero's true name is Brendan.
Only Frostbite knows his true name.

I actually don't think the 1st is hard,
because I cheated to get a stronger team.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I doubt that the Hero's true name is Brendan.
Only Frostbite know his true name.

I actually don't think the 1st is hard,
because I cheated to get a stronger team.

Clearly from this post you can understand that they are simply referring to the two hero sprites, not the "true name" or whatever words you use when you're high.

Also, um, nothing's hard if you cheat. That's pretty obvious. :<
offtopic: why do you hit enter after every like five words? you're not writing poetry. :/

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Finally did something that's been bugging me for a very long time now, the title screen. It's fully inserted in the game... the "Fire Red" image will be changed in the beta release.

Spoiler:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Played it today for the first time and i loved it! One of the best pokemon games there is!!! Really great game. One suggestion: put some special pokemon events, for example shiny dratini or something like that.
P.S.: Maybe noob of me but where do you catch skitty?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
I read and looked all over the pages of this thread.

And It really impressed me. It's my first time seeing a simple, professional hack like this. You've inspired me. : ) , I also love every update you post.

Goodluck with this. and I'm hoping to play the full beta. :D

jvpski3

Banned
Years
I downloaded and it says this:
Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown
Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

Anywho, If you find it thanks!

Last edited:
Back