• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
This looks good and from what I've used of it is great. But I cant import bitmaps, the option to do so is grayed out. Also,when I try to edit the preferences, I get this error : Font 'Corbel' does not support style 'Regular'.
Can you help me?

link12552

decade club
Years
This looks good and from what I've used of it is great. But I cant import bitmaps, the option to do so is grayed out. Also,when I try to edit the preferences, I get this error : Font 'Corbel' does not support style 'Regular'.
Can you help me?

What OS are you using?
The import bitmap option should not be grayed out unless you don't have a ROM open... Attach a screen-shot.

As for The preferences thing, it sounds like you don't have the Corbel font on your computer.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
What OS are you using?
The import bitmap option should not be grayed out unless you don't have a ROM open... Attach a screen-shot.

As for The preferences thing, it sounds like you don't have the Corbel font on your computer.
Im on Vista. Ill attach the screenshot and try to download that font.

EDIT: Well I redownloaded that Corbel font and everything started working. I guess the font was the whole problem. But thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
found a bug. if you edit the textbox then the rom either resets if you warp somewhere, or freezes if you talk to someone

Mmm... this is a weird bug... Do you use Pokemon Fire Red v1.1? Maybe, the problem is your rom...

Happy belated birthday Link n.n

link12552

decade club
Years
Bug Fix 1.6.9.1

Yay for my Birthday!

-but on another note...

BUG-FIX

A problem(s) was found in NSE,

-NSE's bookmarking system had a bad bug, due to a bad mistake on my part, sorry.:knockedou
NSE would read the information for a character twice without clearing the old info...
This caused overlapping which led to a majority of problems. (Text-box freezing, palette changes, ect.)

-I also changed all of the fonts to defaults to prevent any more errors related to fonts...

All known bugs have been fixed and the newest version 1.6.9.1 is available for download

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
Small Update 1.6.9.2

Small Update 1.6.9.2

Fixed several bugs including:

• A problem in the settings.ini file regarding the palette table pointer
  • A problem with importing a bitmap's palette
  • A few animation pointers for Emerald were missing
  • Fixed the NSL 3.0 file compression (see new features)
New Features:

• The change palette function now reads through your ROM for all palettes in the palette table. This will help people who have added to or moved their palette table
  • The bookmarking system now has dynamic pointers in place.
  • NSL 3.0 "compression" on sprites with duplicate frames in a row. Prompts whether you want to compress or not.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
Moar updates?
Man, you amaze me with this tool, it's incredible and you put so much effort in it, thanks.

link12552

decade club
Years
NSL Editor

I have updated the file bookmarks, now is compatible also with Emerald, Sapphire and all italian roms:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dqzwyeb0fku/bookmarks.zip

Wow someone's been busy! :)
From what I've seen it's great, and it follows the correct format.
You even used some basic dynamic palette pointers!
(The "+" character in the palette pointer tells NSE to use the OW palettes, in this case +0 tells NSE to use the player's sprite palette)
Spoiler:
It's great to see people using NSE to the extent that you are!

-------------
NSLEditoricon.png
---------------

-NSL Editor-
It's been asked about/for, and now it's finally here!

• Fully compatible with the NSL 3.0 file type and NSE 1.6x
  • Edit any NSL created in NSE, with ease
  • Convert to bitmaps (Imports and Exports)
  • Create new NSL's
  • Edit their palettes (You may notice some of the dialogs resemble those in NSE)
  • Add / remove frames
  • Presets for new NSL (Palette, size, but with the option to define you're own)
Included with NSE...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
Wow someone's been busy! :)
From what I've seen it's great, and it follows the correct format.
You even used some basic dynamic palette pointers!
(The "+" character in the palette pointer tells NSE to use the OW palettes, in this case +0 tells NSE to use the player's sprite palette)
Thanks. :)
I did my best and apparently i was good. :D

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have a glitch for you:
Editing anything in the Preferences box, even just the Animation type, then saving, obliterates the image.

Not just this, the editor seems to think that 00 is still the free space byte, when it's actually FF. (Using BPRE)

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hm...sounds like a pain in the *** glitch
did you check this one for bugs?
or perhaps diego is having a "special case" incident?

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2010
hello, I have a doubt, the preferred option when measurements could sprite tool automatically checks the free space to store it or to look for the offset manually? good that you do great work with the tool, luck.

Back