• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Haha. Blog. That's something that I haven't done in a good while. I think it would be interesting to start one again. So... I might donate or something in the near future :D! I'd have a lot of things to write about.. >.<.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I would like to blog, but my life isn't nearly interesting enough to do so, I should totally give it a try again but I generally find myself getting bored of it pretty fast.

Years
How exactly do you get a blog? From what I understand from skimming through the previous posts, I guess you have to donate to unlock the feature. But I'm sure I saw that there is another way to do that.

The idea of a blog seems copacetic, especially in an active community. I'm usually talkative to no end, reaching a rather disturbing/vexing level of pleonasm -- a blog seems just right for me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Heres a quote from the FAQ Liam;
Blogs are an additional feature on PC and while everyone is free to comment on public blogs, they can only be created if you meet these criteria:
  • Become a Community Supporter of tier 2 or higher. (ie. donate at least $10)
  • Obtain at least 5000 posts.
  • Be selected by the staff.
  • Become a staff member.
As mentioned, there is a chance of being chosen specially by the staff for a blog. The staff may offer a blog to members who contribute actively to the community. If the staff believes you may have something worthwhile to contribute in a blog, there is a chance you will be selected to use the blogging feature.
I'd try and suck up to a member of staff. ;)
I can't really donate any more money, so I'll probably have to wait till I reach 5000 posts. xD; Another contest might come around sooner or later though, so you could try and win one of those~

I have a few ideas about things I'd like to blog about; Why Mudkip's are evil, Why Google Chrome sucks, n' a load of other stuff.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've never once donated (perks of being an ex-admin!) and I already had well over five thousand posts by the time the donator usergroup was introduced, so this sort of just fell into my lap.

I would probably just end up blogging about playing White version just so I have something to keep me in the game, I put it down for too long and recently started fresh because I had no idea where I was or who half the Pokemon on my team were.

Years
How exactly do you get a blog? From what I understand from skimming through the previous posts, I guess you have to donate to unlock the feature. But I'm sure I saw that there is another way to do that.

The idea of a blog seems copacetic, especially in an active community. I'm usually talkative to no end, reaching a rather disturbing/vexing level of pleonasm -- a blog seems just right for me.

There are other ways, in addition to the FAQ snippet. Sometimes supportership is given away as a prize for community events, and sometimes generous members here make anonymous donations to their friends. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I wonder how many people would blog if it was open to everybody.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Agreed with the love for Chrome.
/only uses Chrome

@Nick: imo tbh anyone who visits blogs which is probably like 500 or so in total. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm quite scared to know, to be quite honest. I need to use my blog for something more than just advertising. =u=

I stick with Firefox. Back when mods were double-posting (which I think is happening again) Firefox was the only one I wouldn't double-post on. Chrome and Safari were different stories.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I use Safari and Chrome the most. Firefox sucks on Mac. I'm sorta trying to migrate over to strictly using Chrome, though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Well, Google Chrome doesn't like me is all, that's what I ment when I said google chrome sucked. xD;
Mudkip's are evil though. Your being brainwashed by their black holes of death that are their eyes if you don't think so. D:

Well, given the theme I'm using at the moment, the blog link seems to be at the top of the page and by User CP, I never really noticed them before when I first made an account here, so I don't think a lot of members notice them, except for the most active ones. :x But yeah, if they were a little more noticeable I'd be interesting. Especially if everyone could create entries.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Google Chrome love, yay. I haven't used any other browser in quite some time, though I'm not sure if that's out of my lazyness or because I truly find it better than the others.

I wonder how many people would blog if it was open to everybody.
It seems like the sort of think half the community would jump all over when it first happens and then you would progressively have that whittled down to those select users who would blog regularly in the first place.

Years
Not necessarily open for every user. I like the idea that whoever contributes to the community through making good posts and posting interesting topics or recent happenings gets to unlock the blog feature. I seriously doubt I will donate at the moment and reaching 5000 posts seems a bit extreme, so I'll just cross my fingers and hope some day a staff member selects me to have a blog. Or not.

I usually use Chrome on my laptop but as I am currently using my cousin's laptop, which does not have Chrome installed, hence I am inclined to stick with FireFox.

And what's with 'We are still working on a better slogan'? Is that the slogan or are you actually thinking of one? Had me curious.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think the main reason I use Chrome is seriously for the spell check, and the fact that it doesn't die after 50 tabs like Firefox. XD; SO USEFUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back