• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
2 colours have the same RGB value. Using the Pallette Editor, just change the colours so noe are the same (take a little bit of Red off of one of the same colours!)

Thanks! I was thinking that I was going to have to start again! Thanks :D

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Warp FAIL

So I made a new map [on Emerald] and named it 'Lilycove North'(in my game, Lilycove is the Hoenn capital so I'm making it bigger!). However, none of the warps work. They work on A-Map when I click 'Follow warp' but when I play the ROM on VBA, they don't exist :(. I've checked everything. Can someone on this website PLEASE help me for a change!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Angel ~ Use Flags

Bozster ~ Are they properly placed on doors? Warps won't work if they aren't placed correctly.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
How do I select a block while I'm block editing so that t's flipped in the tile? I'm trying to make the right side of a tree beside something but it only shows half of the tree.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Warp FAIL

Bozster ~ Are they properly placed on doors? Warps won't work if they aren't placed correctly.

Yes, the warps were made and placed correctly; it isn't the first time I have made warps.

So I made a new map [on Emerald] and named it 'Lilycove North'(in my game, Lilycove is the Hoenn capital so I'm making it bigger!). However, none of the warps work. They work on A-Map when I click 'Follow warp' but when I play the ROM on VBA, they don't exist :(. I've checked everything. Can someone help me?

Thanks for answering, SwiftSign; can somebody else help me, please?

How do I select a block while I'm block editing so that t's flipped in the tile? I'm trying to make the right side of a tree beside something but it only shows half of the tree.

You have to select the block you want then click on 'Flip X' (or Y). Then, you paste it onto the tile alongside your first half to have a full tree.

Actually, when I use Block Editor, it screws up the tileset(the tiles are distorted, unrecognisable). Can someone tell me where I might be going wrong?

You have to select the block you want then click on 'Flip X' (or Y). Then, you paste it onto the tile alongside your first half to have a full tree.

Actually, when I use Block Editor, it screws up the tileset(the tiles are distorted, unrecognisable). Can someone tell me where I might be going wrong?

Whoops! Sorry for the double post. Can't change it(browser trouble) so live with it!

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Yes, the warps were made and placed correctly; it isn't the first time I have made warps.

Thanks for answering, SwiftSign; can somebody else help me, please?

Whoops! Sorry for the double post. Can't change it(browser trouble) so live with it!

Wow I feel completely retarded lol, thanks man.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
1.I can't run in the maps I made for Emerald (U) in A-map.

Why is this and how do I fix it?

2.How can I activate Safari Mode in Emerald (U)?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1.I can't run in the maps I made for Emerald (U) in A-map.

Why is this and how do I fix it?

2.How can I activate Safari Mode in Emerald (U)?

1. I'm not sure what you mean. I think you have to link to the map with a warp or Connection Manager. If all else fails, you have the same problem as me :(!

2. You mean make a new Safari Zone? You have to copy the script inside the Safari building before placing it on your desired map and adding the appropriate sprites etc.

Last edited:

PI Hudson

Years
1. I'm not sure what you mean. I think you have to link to the map with a warp or Connection Manager. If all else fails, you have the same problem as me :(!
Say I created a map X and replaced a map in game, and say i remade a city map Y, If the running shoes were active, I can run in Y, but not in X. same goes for using bikes, but you can ride your bike into said map X from any map that allows it to be active.

Also, all of my maps have some kind of connection to a route or city of the original or my hacked levels

2. You mean make a new Safari Zone? You have to copy the script inside the Safari building before placing it on your desired map and adding the appropriate sprites etc.
Not an ENTIRE safari zone, I just want to make one wild battle a safari type scenario, my use is for getting the starter Pokemon of the game, but all I have come up with includes _______? question mark instant-death thing.(missingno.)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Say I created a map X and replaced a map in game, and say i remade a city map Y, If the running shoes were active, I can run in Y, but not in X. same goes for using bikes, but you can ride your bike into said map X from any map that allows it to be active.

Also, all of my maps have some kind of connection to a route or city of the original or my hacked levels

Not an ENTIRE safari zone, I just want to make one wild battle a safari type scenario, my use is for getting the starter Pokemon of the game, but all I have come up with includes _______? question mark instant-death thing.(missingno.)

The first thing is due to the Map Header I think... Look at all the other maps' Map Header, at the Maps Script, and use that in your map. Worth a shot.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I've got another question, When I put in my pokecenter in a-map it looks all fine but when I reload the rom by pressing F5, it goes all messed up, i'm using a rombase with dp tiles, so they look DP style, but when I reload the rom it looks partly fire red style and all messed up. Help please?

PI Hudson

Years
The first thing is due to the Map Header I think... Look at all the other maps' Map Header, at the Maps Script, and use that in your map. Worth a shot.
I noticed that some routes don't even have scripts, so it isn't to do with having a map script or the lacking of one.
But since you mentioned the map header, I switched to prof. mode and noticed a trend
Spoiler:
That is the reason(tested, and worked), because the type of area the map was in was undefined in the created map. I'm going to make my houses able to be ran in now:), but first I'll fix the maps.
Thanks for the help, Marxvile!

Last edited:
Years
I have a problem.
When I try to insert a new worldmap in Pokemon Ruby, with Elite map, it says "error execution 481".

Someone know how can I fix this?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a problem.
When I try to insert a new worldmap in Pokemon Ruby, with Elite map, it says "error execution 481".

Someone know how can I fix this?

Are you sure you have the right palette etc?
The program may also be faulty (I know, Elite Map is unreliable, I used to have it). That, or you don't have the right INI. That, or Elite Map simply doesn't "like" your map - try it with a different map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back