The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Pokémon Clubs
✝ Obscuring Mist ✝ Ghost Pokemon Fan-Club.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old March 29th, 2015 (11:47 PM).
Precious~Dark's Avatar
Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Laverre City~
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 427
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
    Thanks! I hatched the shiny Pumpkaboo without even trying to shiny hunt and it happened so suddenly. I had caught a super size Pumpkaboo during the first week of play and didn't realize that until several months later. I was breeding for good IVs and the baby has 4 perfect IVs plus the right nature/ability. I had unlocked the shiny Charm at the time, but I was breeding using English parents.

    Did you expect Gengar to be this popular?
    Yep, I expected Gengar to be this popular because it was the first ghost type Pokemon. I expected someone to select Aegislash by now, though.

    Do you like Haunter? Why (not)? Do you think Haunter is a memorable Pokemon?
    Haunter is fun and I like the Gastly line. While not my favorite enough to use on an in-game team, I have bred and trained one competitively. I do think Haunter is memorable for being the first ghost family introduced, for being the primary encounter line in the iconic graveyard tower in Lavendar Town, and for having a great episode/arc in the anime where it helped make Sabrina laugh.

    I wanted to donate some userbars for the club:





    I envy you, I hatched over a thousand eggs and still haven't got a shiny pokemon... But I will continue on my mission. ^-^

    I expected people to pick Trevenant, Mismagius, Drifloon, Sableye & Haunter sooner. Maybe in the future, we just started.

    Thank you very much for providing these lovely userbars ^-^ I added them and of course credited you.
    __________________
      #27    
    Old March 30th, 2015 (11:11 AM).
    KorpiklaaniVodka's Avatar
    KorpiklaaniVodka KorpiklaaniVodka is offline
    KID BUU PAWAA
       
      Join Date: Jul 2013
      Location: Eastern Europe
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 3,318
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Precious~Dark View Post
      Little Update~

      This was the first week since the Pokemon Ghost Fan-Club opened!
      I want to thank everyone for joining.

      I'm still working on the CSS of the intro/members list of the group page.

      If you have any ideas for topics or do you want a certain pokemon to be the next pokemon of the month please, tell me.
      I have a few ideas for the future of the club so please stay tuned!

      I thought this might be interesting; The following pokemon are choosen to be your partners:
      5x Gengar

      3x Banette

      2x Froslass

      2x Dusknoir

      2x Chandelure


      1x Pumpkaboo
      1x Gastly
      1x Jellicent
      1x Frillish
      1x Co***rigus

      Did you expect Gengar to be this popular?

      Did expect people to choose are certain pokemon more or less?

      LMAO

      Anyway, yes, I expected Gengar to win this. It's good competitively and in-game, is one of the originals and has a great design.
      __________________
      PokeCheats | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club | Legendary Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeGenesect2016 #FreeHoopa-U2016
        #28    
      Old April 3rd, 2015 (4:43 AM). Edited April 17th, 2015 by Precious~Dark.
      Precious~Dark's Avatar
      Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2015
        Location: Laverre City~
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 427
        Two New Topics:

        _____________________________

        Creepypasta involving ghost pokemon.

        Pokemon has a lot of Creepypasta (Ghost-stories) a lot of those stories involve Ghost-type pokemon.
        What do you think of these stories? Do you have a favourite? Or your own Theory/creepypasta involving (a certain) Ghost-type Pokemon?


        _____________________________

        Once Upon a Time, There Lived a Pokemon Called Mismagius

        Instead of doing a pokemon of the month or week I decided to not do a certain period of time.
        The Pokemon will stay till we are done talking about them and will change when the group hasn't been active enough. We will call it "Ones Upon a Time".

        This time we will discuss Mismagius because it fits the new title perfectly.
        Please tell me your tales involving Mismagius, What do you think of the evolution of Misdreavus introduced in gen 4?

        __________________
          #29    
        Old April 6th, 2015 (8:26 AM). Edited April 6th, 2015 by Lycanthropy.
        Lycanthropy's Avatar
        Lycanthropy Lycanthropy is offline
        Owl + Bear =
        Owlbear
         
        Join Date: Jan 2014
        Location: That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 10,119
        Hello there, I think I'll be joining this club.

        Username: H.A.N.
        Partner Pokemon:
        Reason for joining: I love ghost Pokémon, they're mysterious. Their resistance against normal, the type about every Pokémon is able to learn moves in, makes ghost Pokémon interesting to fight against.
        Answer the current topic! I put some topics below.

        What are your favorite ghost type Pokémon?

        To start, I like the whole evolution line of Gastly. The weird thing about these three Pokémon is they change a lot during evolution. Gastly is a cool creepy looking black orb with ominous purple gas floating around it. Then Haunter is an evil beast with two claws floating separate from its body, which looks awesome. Gengar is just an evil mastermind. It's a pity its hands got stuck to its body and are no cool claws anymore.

        Litwick is a cute little candle Pokémon, yet it is a real trickster. It acts entirely like will-o'-wisps, luring people lost in darkness away from their path with their light, pretending to be a guiding person. Only difference is that will-o'-wisps just think it's funny to lure people into swamps, but Litwick absorb life from the people to make the candle burn. Cruel. Chandelure is a great upgrade for a candle, a chandelier. Chandeliers are very fancy, and what's cooler than a spooky possessed one?
        The reader has probably noted I didn't mention Lampent here. This doesn't mean I don't like Lampent, that would absolutely be false. Point is, I don't think it is especially great. It is a necessary middle evolution, otherwise the evolution makes a quick jump, but Lampent misses the cuteness and mischievousness of Litwick, but isn't yet something fancy as a chandelier.

        Phantump looks just as an forest spirit haunting around and protecting the forest, scaring trespassers away from their home. Looking at Trevenant, the spirit has morely possessed a tree forming a treant, a human/tree being, being an more badass forest guardian.

        What is your favorite ghost type move?
        It's Shadow Ball, the best reliable move of the ghost type.

        Once... Mismagius
        Mismagius indeed is a real mage, that hat and the robes give the typical look. I have never used one, because the only Gen IV game I have played was Diamond in which it was unobtainable. If I were to play Pearl sometime, there will be a good chance I would use a Mismagius on my team.
        Misdreavus really lacked decent stats and there wasn't really a point to use it aside from the signature move Pain Split, so Mismagius showed as a welcome addition. With Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam it can learn a good variety of different types of moves, all special based and therefore easily combined with Calm Mind. It lacks physical attack, but that wouldn't be of a good use actually, which makes its only real weakness its low defense.


        Well, that appeared to be quite a long post.
          #30    
        Old April 11th, 2015 (7:51 AM).
        Precious~Dark's Avatar
        Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2015
          Location: Laverre City~
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 427
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by H.A.N. View Post
          Hello there, I think I'll be joining this club.

          Username: H.A.N.
          Partner Pokemon:
          Reason for joining: I love ghost Pokémon, they're mysterious. Their resistance against normal, the type about every Pokémon is able to learn moves in, makes ghost Pokémon interesting to fight against.
          Answer the current topic! I put some topics below.

          What are your favorite ghost type Pokémon?

          To start, I like the whole evolution line of Gastly. The weird thing about these three Pokémon is they change a lot during evolution. Gastly is a cool creepy looking black orb with ominous purple gas floating around it. Then Haunter is an evil beast with two claws floating separate from its body, which looks awesome. Gengar is just an evil mastermind. It's a pity its hands got stuck to its body and are no cool claws anymore.

          Litwick is a cute little candle Pokémon, yet it is a real trickster. It acts entirely like will-o'-wisps, luring people lost in darkness away from their path with their light, pretending to be a guiding person. Only difference is that will-o'-wisps just think it's funny to lure people into swamps, but Litwick absorb life from the people to make the candle burn. Cruel. Chandelure is a great upgrade for a candle, a chandelier. Chandeliers are very fancy, and what's cooler than a spooky possessed one?
          The reader has probably noted I didn't mention Lampent here. This doesn't mean I don't like Lampent, that would absolutely be false. Point is, I don't think it is especially great. It is a necessary middle evolution, otherwise the evolution makes a quick jump, but Lampent misses the cuteness and mischievousness of Litwick, but isn't yet something fancy as a chandelier.

          Phantump looks just as an forest spirit haunting around and protecting the forest, scaring trespassers away from their home. Looking at Trevenant, the spirit has morely possessed a tree forming a treant, a human/tree being, being an more badass forest guardian.

          What is your favorite ghost type move?
          It's Shadow Ball, the best reliable move of the ghost type.

          Once... Mismagius
          Mismagius indeed is a real mage, that hat and the robes give the typical look. I have never used one, because the only Gen IV game I have played was Diamond in which it was unobtainable. If I were to play Pearl sometime, there will be a good chance I would use a Mismagius on my team.
          Misdreavus really lacked decent stats and there wasn't really a point to use it aside from the signature move Pain Split, so Mismagius showed as a welcome addition. With Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam it can learn a good variety of different types of moves, all special based and therefore easily combined with Calm Mind. It lacks physical attack, but that wouldn't be of a good use actually, which makes its only real weakness its low defense.


          Well, that appeared to be quite a long post.
          I'm very very very sorry with how late I respond to your request, I went away for couple of days to visit my parents.
          But I added you to the members-list, Welcome & Thank you for joining.

          You choose some wonderful pokemon to be your favourite. I'm quite font of those lines my-self and used them quite often. ^-^
          __________________
            #31    
          Old April 11th, 2015 (11:42 AM).
          Aslan's Avatar
          Aslan Aslan is offline
          the pretender
           
          Join Date: Mar 2013
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 2,314
          Username: Aslan
          Partner Pokemon: Haunter and Rotom

          Reason for joining: Ghost is probably one of my favourite types as there's so much to discuss about them. I've always really liked looking at the backstories of various pokemon and ghost's arguably the most interesting out of the bunch. Whether they're portrayed as the base of creepypastas or as the undead spirits of the pokeverse, I've always liked how mystifying they were. Though I was horrified of them at first, I eventually grew to appreciate their stories and designs.

          Favourite ghost type pokemon?

          Rotom! It's a great example of spirits being able to posess inanimate objects. The household appliance idea was really cool as well and it added a lot to the ominious and supernatural feel of the Old Chateau.

          Out of all the forms, my favourite would probably be the original though I've always liked Rotom-W for looking so bubbly. The different conversions make it feel similar to Eevee in the regard that there's tons of forms though Rotom can switch between them at any time as opposed to evolving. It's pretty cool. :]

          Creepypastas involving Ghost Type Pokemon

          Honestly don't follow many creepypastas as they usually leave me sleepless for a few nights but I remember a lot of them focusing around the darker ideas of pokemon. As the idea of ghosts in the real world has always had stories and tales to go behind them, the same applies for the pokeverse.

          But to answer the actual topic, I can't think of any that focus around specific ghost pokemon. I do remember a creepypasta that went by the name of Pokemon Creepy Black where the trainer used the sprite of the ghost from Pokemon Tower in R/B/Y. You'd go through the game as usual though as opposed to battling, your 'Ghost' was given only the ability to use Curse, a move that'd effectively kill the opponent's pokemon and eventually the trainer themselves. The end game would conclude with a world devoid of trainers and pokemon due to your actions and the ghost would attack the defenseless main character. Cheerful, right? It's an interesting concept and one I really liked though.

          The Pokemon of Once Upon a Time: Mismagius

          Am I the only one who thought Mismagius was originally a ghost-like jellyfish? Not in the same way as Jellicent but it had sort of the same structure haha. :(

          I think it does resemble a mage though! It has access to a wide range of coverage and though that doesn't really mean much, it's sorta like how wizards have different elemental spells and abilities at their disposal. And looking at it in a new light makes it look like its dressed with an appropiate hat and everything.

          As for the actual pokemon, I haven't used one. From memory it was only available in Pearl and I only had Diamond/Platinum at the time. I think it's interesting though and one I'd definitely try in the near future. Also is it just me or are a lot of ghost types wonderfully purple? It's one of the other reasons why I really like them, they're such pretty colours. :D
          __________________
          your love is such a dream come true
            #32    
          Old April 12th, 2015 (9:34 AM).
          Precious~Dark's Avatar
          Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2015
            Location: Laverre City~
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 427
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
            Username: Aslan
            Partner Pokemon: Haunter and Rotom

            Reason for joining: Ghost is probably one of my favourite types as there's so much to discuss about them. I've always really liked looking at the backstories of various pokemon and ghost's arguably the most interesting out of the bunch. Whether they're portrayed as the base of creepypastas or as the undead spirits of the pokeverse, I've always liked how mystifying they were. Though I was horrified of them at first, I eventually grew to appreciate their stories and designs.

            Favourite ghost type pokemon?

            Rotom! It's a great example of spirits being able to posess inanimate objects. The household appliance idea was really cool as well and it added a lot to the ominious and supernatural feel of the Old Chateau.

            Out of all the forms, my favourite would probably be the original though I've always liked Rotom-W for looking so bubbly. The different conversions make it feel similar to Eevee in the regard that there's tons of forms though Rotom can switch between them at any time as opposed to evolving. It's pretty cool. :]

            Creepypastas involving Ghost Type Pokemon

            Honestly don't follow many creepypastas as they usually leave me sleepless for a few nights but I remember a lot of them focusing around the darker ideas of pokemon. As the idea of ghosts in the real world has always had stories and tales to go behind them, the same applies for the pokeverse.

            But to answer the actual topic, I can't think of any that focus around specific ghost pokemon. I do remember a creepypasta that went by the name of Pokemon Creepy Black where the trainer used the sprite of the ghost from Pokemon Tower in R/B/Y. You'd go through the game as usual though as opposed to battling, your 'Ghost' was given only the ability to use Curse, a move that'd effectively kill the opponent's pokemon and eventually the trainer themselves. The end game would conclude with a world devoid of trainers and pokemon due to your actions and the ghost would attack the defenseless main character. Cheerful, right? It's an interesting concept and one I really liked though.

            The Pokemon of Once Upon a Time: Mismagius

            Am I the only one who thought Mismagius was originally a ghost-like jellyfish? Not in the same way as Jellicent but it had sort of the same structure haha. :(

            I think it does resemble a mage though! It has access to a wide range of coverage and though that doesn't really mean much, it's sorta like how wizards have different elemental spells and abilities at their disposal. And looking at it in a new light makes it look like its dressed with an appropiate hat and everything.

            As for the actual pokemon, I haven't used one. From memory it was only available in Pearl and I only had Diamond/Platinum at the time. I think it's interesting though and one I'd definitely try in the near future. Also is it just me or are a lot of ghost types wonderfully purple? It's one of the other reasons why I really like them, they're such pretty colours. :D
            Hi, Welcome and thank you for joining use ^-^

            Yes, Mismagius has something jellyfish like because of the cap and her flowing body. It has quite a witchy appearance with classical spooky/ghostly body floating in the air.

            Pokemon tend to use certain colours for specific types, Ghost has this beautiful muted purple. I think it's quite fitting. ^^

            Rotom is a interesting choice, not many people like pokemon who look like "objects". I think I like the fan Rotom or the original one the most. I think object are quite fitting for ghost pokemon, I like the idea as you already mentioned of objects being possessed by a pokemon.
            __________________
              #33    
            Old April 13th, 2015 (10:21 AM).
            Gray-_-Hatred's Avatar
            Gray-_-Hatred Gray-_-Hatred is offline
            Crush Them All...
               
              Join Date: Apr 2015
              Location: USA, NY
              Age: 20
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 248
              Gray-_-Hatred
              I'm joining because I want an emblem. I could have chose a random group, But Ghost are cool.
              My Partner Pokemon is Haunter. That's it if thats cool. I only want 1.

              My favorite Pokemon Ghost move is ShadowClaw!
              __________________
                #34    
              Old April 16th, 2015 (3:00 AM).
              Precious~Dark's Avatar
              Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2015
                Location: Laverre City~
                Age: 25
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 427
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gray-_-Hatred View Post
                Gray-_-Hatred
                I'm joining because I want an emblem. I could have chose a random group, But Ghost are cool.
                My Partner Pokemon is Haunter. That's it if thats cool. I only want 1.

                My favorite Pokemon Ghost move is ShadowClaw!
                Welcome, I added you to the members-list. May I ask what you mean with just joining because you want an emblem? ^-^
                __________________
                  #35    
                Old April 16th, 2015 (3:50 AM).
                Wicked3DS's Avatar
                Wicked3DS Wicked3DS is offline
                Until the very end.
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2013
                Location: New Jersey
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 4,531
                Mismagius is a pretty cool Pokémon. I like it's concept of being the ghost of a witch and it looks pretty cool. It's pretty strong and gets some good moves as well, so it's pretty useful, though I've never gotten the chance to use one.
                __________________
                  #36    
                Old April 16th, 2015 (3:32 PM).
                Gray-_-Hatred's Avatar
                Gray-_-Hatred Gray-_-Hatred is offline
                Crush Them All...
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2015
                  Location: USA, NY
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 248
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Precious~Dark View Post
                  Welcome, I added you to the members-list. May I ask what you mean with just joining because you want an emblem? ^-^
                  Thanks, and sure, See, I was doing the members Welcome challenge test. You have to do 10 things to receive an emblem. 1 of those 10 things was to join a club. So I decided to go with ghost, And now that I'm in it and already completed the test, I'm actually looking forward to being in this club!

                  As for Mismagius, I never really used it in Pokemon. Though it does look like a mage, I always thought of it to be a witch Pokemon.
                  __________________
                    #37    
                  Old April 17th, 2015 (12:17 AM).
                  Precious~Dark's Avatar
                  Precious~Dark Precious~Dark is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2015
                    Location: Laverre City~
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 427
                    New Topic: Your favourite ghost pokemon pokedex entries!
                    I think Ghost-Pokemon have some of the most rememberable Pokedex Entries. Please share some of your favourites!
                    A Example:
                    Quote:

                    Litwick in X
                    While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

                    Once Upon a Time, There Lived a Pokemon Called Chandelure

                    Bron: Link

                    __________________
                      #38    
                    Old April 17th, 2015 (4:19 AM).
                    Wicked3DS's Avatar
                    Wicked3DS Wicked3DS is offline
                    Until the very end.
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                    Location: New Jersey
                    Age: 27
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 4,531
                    Haunter Emerald Pokédex: If a Haunter beckons you while it is floating in darkness, don't approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

                    "I will lick you to death."

                    Dusclops FireRed/LeafGreen Pokédex: Its body is entirely hollow. When it opens its mouth, it sucks everything in as if it were a black hole.

                    If that's the case, wouldn't everyone just use Dusclops and win by default because they made the opponent disappear.

                    Gourgeist Y Pokédex: It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

                    "Killing me softly with his song..."

                    Chandelure is one of my favorites from Gen V. Ghost/Fire combines two of my favorite types, and while I typically don't care for inanimate objects but they did a great job with this one. It's got great Special Attack and gets good moves to go with it.
                    __________________
                     

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:13 AM.