The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Pokémon Clubs
We rule the world - Legendary pokemon Fan Club

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 26th, 2015 (4:31 PM).
Changing Seasons~

Nature: Relaxed
Not realllllllllyyyyyyy......
Idk its just so different haha hes a spawn of a ditto and a Manaphy which legendaries are not supposed to be able to breed which we could get into why Manaphy is/isnt a legend and such but for me it comes down to if its not born from two legendaries then its not 100% legendary so then its 50% legendary and 50% normal? I guess haha its so do traversal i dont know how to make a smart response here. But bottom line no only cause im not so sure of Manaphy being considered a legendary.

What makes a pokemon legendary? Well people used to think it was theyre one of a kind but the anime seems to disprove this along with the HGSS alpha ruins event. So what makes a legendary now? Perhaps some pull with the universe or something or just being exceedingly rare and such. But to me a legendary is just a more special pokemon with upped stats and is rare and one of a kind in games! And then i just need to block out the sense around how theres probably one more of this poke in GFs eyes. So basically the pokemon being one of a kind and not being able to breed along with being obviously rare if its one of a kind. For pokes like the trios which are obviously legendaries but theres possibly duplicates of them i just think theres a select few of them that are exceedingly rare. But how does a legendary come about if none of them can breed?
Credit
Haitus
Discord

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 26th, 2015 (8:15 PM).
Until the very end.

Nature: Quirky
Ehh, I don't exactly see a Pokémon bred from a Legendary with mediocre stats being a Legendary itself. Legendaries are known for being powerful, and Phione really isn't all that strong.
Old April 27th, 2015 (6:50 PM).
Bruhfication Sayan

Nature: Sassy
Both Manaphy and Phione are legendaries to me, although they are are pretty pointless. I'd love them to be just a normal everyday pokemon bruh, because I love their design. I think Manaphy is more of a legendary than Phione. There was no neeed to bring two pokemon bruhs looking the same to be legendaries. I like dem tho.
Old April 29th, 2015 (5:08 AM).
That Guy >.>

Nature: Lax
    There was a whole movie dedicated to Manaphy and the lore behind her (I've always seen Manaphy as female, don't judge). She had a whole temple under the sea in which she resided over and had a whole native people worship her and the temple. The purpose was for the Sea Jewel found inside said temple that Manaphy protects and so that's the reason why the native peoples worship the protector of the sea. It sounds like another Lugia story except that Manaphy is more... Nomadic.

Onto the point with Phiony being a legendary or not... Well, I've never heard anything about said Pokemon in any game really. Even in the movies there wasn't anything about Phiony and so that makes me think that Phiony is more a normal Pokemon or a very unlegendary "Legendary"... On top of that, Dedenne brought up a good point with the breed of Phiony;

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dedenne1 View Post
    Idk its just so different haha hes a spawn of a ditto and a Manaphy which legendaries are not supposed to be able to breed which we could get into why Manaphy is/isnt a legend and such but for me it comes down to if its not born from two legendaries then its not 100% legendary so then its 50% legendary and 50% normal?
    This brings me to what makes a legendary and all the very powerful and notable legendaries have no sex. Latios and Latias aren't considered very Legendary for the same purpose. But if we look back to what legendaries have no sex or do we find a pattern. Most all the sexless legendaries are the ones who have massive control over some element (I.E. The bird trio, Weather trio, Creation trio, etc.) and then you have the protectors who protect the lands which they reside (This includes Manaphy, Mew, MewTwo, Sheymin, Etc.). Phiony hardly fits the description as they are pretty much Manaphy's that are breed in captivity and are wanted as good luck charms. If we were to discriminate Phiony for that ability then what is Vicini in all of this?

These are complicated questions but I like them. Makes a trainer think :P

Old April 29th, 2015 (2:18 PM).

Nature: Modest
    i don't know, to me Phione is still a legendary, just for being part of Manaphy's family.
    i think Legendaries are Legendaries not only because of their immense power, but perhaps even more so because of their lore. Legendary Pokémon all have their own 'mythology', if you will, and Manaphy's is that it protects the Sea Jewel in the Temple of the Sea as RedWolf also mentioned. so for me it counts as Legendary c:
    i have to agree that Dedenne's point of it being '50/50 legendary/normal' is great, though (。 >艸<)
    -
    i'm so t i r e d

Old April 30th, 2015 (9:55 PM).
    Bruhfication Sayan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by なぎ View Post
    i don't know, to me Phione is still a legendary, just for being part of Manaphy's family.
    i think Legendaries are Legendaries not only because of their immense power, but perhaps even more so because of their lore. Legendary Pokémon all have their own 'mythology', if you will, and Manaphy's is that it protects the Sea Jewel in the Temple of the Sea as RedWolf also mentioned. so for me it counts as Legendary c:
    i have to agree that Dedenne's point of it being '50/50 legendary/normal' is great, though (。 >艸<)
    Nah, I just don't feel Phione like being Legendary. It's just like Hercules. When he was born, he was still considered as a mortal, although his father was Zeus.
    Old May 8th, 2015 (5:06 AM).

I never really considered Phione to be a legendary either but never really thought about why before. You could say that Manaphy isn't a legendary because it breaks one of the rules of being a legendary (they're not supposed to be able to breed), but the rules have been broken about this stuff before. Legendaries were originally always supposed to be genderless but they broke that starting in Gen 3 with the Latis. I'm pretty sure that the anime once showed a Lugia with a baby Lugia. I still consider Manaphy a legendary because it at least shares characteristics with other legendaries; it falls into the "small, cute, 600 BST with 100 in each stat" category that's occupied by Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Victini. Phione however does not have the 600 BST and so doesn't fall into the same group.

But it's not like it's some normal Pokemon either. It's kinda like what mimi said; it's kinda like a demi-god, or in this case, a demi-legendary.

That's what I think anyway
    Old May 18th, 2015 (3:09 PM).
    That Guy >.>

Nature: Lax
      Well, this'll be hard to double up a topic that has lasted as long as the one before, but I think this one will be good.

I know that at least one of us has played the new Pokemon Glazed game and one of the features in this game is that there was a whole religion based off of Arceus. With that in mind, how would it be if there was an official religion based off of Pokemon in every region with its respected legendaries and if this were feasible, how would those religions look like and affect the inhabitants? With that also in mind, would the definition of a legendary change if it were subjected to religious affiliations? (I.E. Would Pokemon like Shemin or Vicini be forgotten and Pokemon like Absol be lauded, etc.)

Old June 11th, 2015 (10:16 PM).
      😄😄

Nature: Calm
        Username: Pranshu
        Legendary pokemon : mega raquaza
        Why is mega raquaza your favourite pokemon ?
        Raquaza was the firat legendary dragon that i caught in pokemon emerald and it is one of the strongest legendary Pokemon
        Old June 18th, 2015 (11:32 AM).
        Bruhfication Sayan

I'll try to revive this club. I was inactive due to exams. so, they new topic is, what do you think about the parts of Legendary pokemon in Mystery Dungeon games? Enjoy.
        Old July 10th, 2015 (5:03 AM).
        KID BUU PAWAA

Nature: Adamant
          will join this so why not

Username: APS (AmourPearlShipper lol)
          Legendary Pokemon: Heatran
          Well Heatran's my favourite legendary because I have a ton of experience with it since it was and still is awesome in competitive play. And its design is severely underrated.

Quick Reply