Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 10th, 2015 (3:51 AM). Edited February 10th, 2015 by Odyssey.
Odyssey Odyssey is offline
     
    Join Date: Oct 2014
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 257
    Welcome to the Fighting Type Fan Club



    The Fighting type is one of the eighteen types of the Pokémon series, as well as one of the classic types. Known for their brutal designs and their battling potential, this type has been a fan favorite to fans young and old. If you are a fan of these muscular Pokémon, then this club is for you!

    ★ ★ ★

    Rules…
    1. Follow all of Pokécommunity's and Pokémon Clubs' rules. For more information visit here and here.
    2. Spamming/trolling/flaming will not be tolerated.
    3. If you want to leave a suggestion for a topic, please follow these requirements!

    Make sure your topic is useful and relative to this Fan Club.
    Don’t start a new topic if the current one hasn’t died down for more than a day.

    4. For every 50 posts you make here, you can choose another partner.
    5. Be as active as possible! You can do so by answering the current topic and discussing it with the other members.
    6. And of course, have a wonderful time here
    !


    Sign Up Form…
    Username?:
    Pick a partner Pokémon!:
    Reason for joining?:
    Answer the current topic!:


    ★ ★ ★

    List Of Fighting Type Pokemon…








    Current Topic…
    Pokémon of the Week: Breloom

    ★ ★ ★

    Archieved Topic…
    Spoiler:

    What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
    Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer?
    Which Fighting Type should get a Mega Evolution next?
    What is your favourite Fighting type move?
    Pokémon of the Week: Pignite



    Members List…
    Spoiler:

    Odyssey / Club Owner
    Dedenne1 / Member
    Aslan / Member
    Peitharchia / Member
    Zinnia / Member
    TaintedBeing / Member
    Veniterdus / Member


    User Bars…
    Spoiler:

    None yet! Feel free to make a user bar for this Fan Club.
      #2    
    Old January 11th, 2015 (4:55 PM).
    Dedenne1's Avatar
    Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
    Changing Seasons~
     
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Mewni~
    Age: 19
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 6,464
    I'll be first lol!

    Username?: Dedenne1
    Pick a partner Pokémon!: Lucario!
    Reason for joining?: Umm i love all types lol and i like fighting types a lot theyre generally always on my team!
    Answer the current topic!:
    What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
    Grr thats kinda hard id say lucario though because of its cool typing and its awesome mega! Its very poweful and loveable! Plus it evolves from riolu! He was also one of my first fighting types ;)
    Second btw is Mienshao because i used it in unova and it was awesome! Its so powerful not great defense but very high attack! Plus its got cool colors!
    __________________
    -
    Playing
    Reading
    Credit
    Haitus
    Discord
      #3    
    Old January 12th, 2015 (1:38 AM).
    Odyssey Odyssey is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2014
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 257
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dedenne1 View Post
      I'll be first lol!

      Username?: Dedenne1
      Pick a partner Pokémon!: Lucario!
      Reason for joining?: Umm i love all types lol and i like fighting types a lot theyre generally always on my team!
      Answer the current topic!:
      What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
      Grr thats kinda hard id say lucario though because of its cool typing and its awesome mega! Its very poweful and loveable! Plus it evolves from riolu! He was also one of my first fighting types ;)
      Second btw is Mienshao because i used it in unova and it was awesome! Its so powerful not great defense but very high attack! Plus its got cool colors!
      Welcome to the club, Dedenne. :D I too often have a Fighting type on my team. I can't play the game without one on my team, in fact!

      Lucario and Mienshao are great Pokémon. As much as I like all Fighting types these ones stand out thanks to their interesting concepts and designs.
        #4    
      Old January 13th, 2015 (12:48 AM).
      Aslan's Avatar
      Aslan Aslan is offline
      the pretender
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Age: 17
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 2,361
      Username: Aslan
      Pick a partner Pokémon: Gallade

      Reason for joining: I love fighting types. They're essentially the Bruce Lees of the series with their kicks, punches and routines. They have moves with cool names like Hi Jump Kick and they're significant to the pokemon world with their strength being used to build towns and cities. Some of my faovurite pokemon are also amongst the fighting type and I'm really impressed with the strength and bulkiness of them all.

      What's your favourite fighting type and why?

      Gallade. I've always been really impressed by its design and the colours go together perfectly. It's a great counterpart to Gardevoir, has access to strong moves and a unique typing combining willpower and strength. I've always wanted one on my own team but unfortunately it either doesn't exist or the Dawn Stone needed is too late in the game.

      While not my favourite, Lucario is pretty good haha. Honestly not the best design-wise but the title of aura guardian, its movie and the roles it plays in storylines makes it a rather interesting pokemon. I think its also one of the few pokemon that have both strength and willpower respectively.
      __________________
        #5    
      Old January 13th, 2015 (9:39 PM).
      Odyssey Odyssey is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2014
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 257
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
        Username: Aslan
        Pick a partner Pokémon: Gallade

        Reason for joining: I love fighting types. They're essentially the Bruce Lees of the series with their kicks, punches and routines. They have moves with cool names like Hi Jump Kick and they're significant to the pokemon world with their strength being used to build towns and cities. Some of my faovurite pokemon are also amongst the fighting type and I'm really impressed with the strength and bulkiness of them all.

        What's your favourite fighting type and why?

        Gallade. I've always been really impressed by its design and the colours go together perfectly. It's a great counterpart to Gardevoir, has access to strong moves and a unique typing combining willpower and strength. I've always wanted one on my own team but unfortunately it either doesn't exist or the Dawn Stone needed is too late in the game.

        While not my favourite, Lucario is pretty good haha. Honestly not the best design-wise but the title of aura guardian, its movie and the roles it plays in storylines makes it a rather interesting pokemon. I think its also one of the few pokemon that have both strength and willpower respectively.
        Hello Aslan, and welcome to the club. :D I too love how Fighting types are put in a higher standard because of their vitality to human society. It's something that most fans seem to overlook, which I find strange.

        Gallade is one of my favourite Fighting types. My most favourite thing is how it has both brawns and brains. Going into the latter a little bit more, I also especially like how it's a master of courtesy. I've used a Gallade in Alpha Sapphire, but I had to trade a Dawn Stone for it to evolve. Kind of disappointed that you can only find a Dawn Stone at the end of Victory Road.
          #6    
        Old January 14th, 2015 (10:57 PM).
        Hiatus's Avatar
        Hiatus Hiatus is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Posts: 12,287
        Username?: Peitharchia.
        Pick a partner Pokémon!: Machamp.
        Reason for joining?: Fighting is one of my favorite types out there (alongside various others), and I thought I'd join up to help share the love here!

        What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
        I like almost all of them, to be frank, but from top of my list, one would likely have to be Machamp.

        Its design is rather straightforward, and I like that quite a bit. Even though it's simple and whatnot, however, it still has some aspects added here and there onto its body which, at least in my eyes, seem rather creative, such as this wrestling championship belt it's got around its waist (it gives us an idea as to how they had come up with its name and whatnot).

        As far as battling goes, I find this Pokémon to be rather helpful. It has No Guard ability, which allows it to take advantage of a lot of moves it has access to without any trouble at all, such as Stone Edge and Dynamic Punch. Former has a high chance of hitting critically, and latter permits us to confuse opponents every time we strike. They're very fun to utilize, in my opinion!
        __________________
          #7    
        Old January 15th, 2015 (10:34 PM).
        Fafrir's Avatar
        Fafrir Fafrir is offline
        Best cat
           
          Join Date: Jul 2014
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 463
          Username?: Zinnia
          Pick a partner Pokémon!: Scrafty
          Reason for joining?: I think the Fighting types all have charms in terms of design and they got better as the new gens went. Also, one of the best offensive types in the game.
          Answer the current topic!: What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
          I have said this a lot but Scrafty, it's currently my favourite Pokemon and probably the first Fighting type to be in my Top 10. I think the design is really unique (a Mohawk lizard wearing its own skin as clothing is really epic) and I find it adorable, cool and derpy at the same time. In Gen 5 it's a really fun Pokemon to use but it soon dwindled in Gen 6 but it doesn't stop me from loving it. <3
            #8    
          Old January 15th, 2015 (11:12 PM). Edited January 16th, 2015 by Odyssey.
          Odyssey Odyssey is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2014
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 257
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
            Username?: Peitharchia.
            Pick a partner Pokémon!: Machamp.
            Reason for joining?: Fighting is one of my favorite types out there (alongside various others), and I thought I'd join up to help share the love here!

            What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
            I like almost all of them, to be frank, but from top of my list, one would likely have to be Machamp.

            Its design is rather straightforward, and I like that quite a bit. Even though it's simple and whatnot, however, it still has some aspects added here and there onto its body which, at least in my eyes, seem rather creative, such as this wrestling championship belt it's got around its waist (it gives us an idea as to how they had come up with its name and whatnot).

            As far as battling goes, I find this Pokémon to be rather helpful. It has No Guard ability, which allows it to take advantage of a lot of moves it has access to without any trouble at all, such as Stone Edge and Dynamic Punch. Former has a high chance of hitting critically, and latter permits us to confuse opponents every time we strike. They're very fun to utilize, in my opinion!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
            Username?: Zinnia
            Pick a partner Pokémon!: Scrafty
            Reason for joining?: I think the Fighting types all have charms in terms of design and they got better as the new gens went. Also, one of the best offensive types in the game.
            Answer the current topic!: What is your favourite Fighting Type and why?
            I have said this a lot but Scrafty, it's currently my favourite Pokemon and probably the first Fighting type to be in my Top 10. I think the design is really unique (a Mohawk lizard wearing its own skin as clothing is really epic) and I find it adorable, cool and derpy at the same time. In Gen 5 it's a really fun Pokemon to use but it soon dwindled in Gen 6 but it doesn't stop me from loving it. <3
            Welcome to the club, both of you! It's always nice to be apart of a club of something you like, isn't it? :P

            ---

            A new topic has been made! Please do answer it!

            Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer? My favourite is Marshal. Not only he is pretty tough to beat, but he also has the most development of all of the Fighting type users, thanks to his interesting backstory. Plus he owns two of my most favourite Fighting types.
              #9    
            Old January 16th, 2015 (8:42 PM).
            Fafrir's Avatar
            Fafrir Fafrir is offline
            Best cat
               
              Join Date: Jul 2014
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 463
              Most definitely! Thanks for accepting! :D
              Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer?
              Hmm, this is tough but I think I'm going with Brawly. I just really like his re-design and his tough spirit; it's a shame he got downgraded in ORAS from having three Pokes in Emerald to only two and lower leveled. Marshal's cool too!
                #10    
              Old January 16th, 2015 (10:35 PM).
              Hiatus's Avatar
              Hiatus Hiatus is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2012
              Posts: 12,287
              Thanks for the welcome, Odyssey!

              Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer?
              I'm not sure if I have many, unfortunately.

              From top of my head, however, one would likely have to be Brawly. He seems to be a very motivated person, judging by his appearance in both RSE and ORAS, and I believe it fits his personality quite well. His outfit complements his residence area as well, which is sort of an island-y area.

              As far as battling goes, he was sort of tough when I had first went up against him in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, but not overly; he'd provided enough of challenge to have us train and level-up our Pokémon, preparing us for next gym.
              __________________
                #11    
              Old January 17th, 2015 (7:03 PM).
              Aslan's Avatar
              Aslan Aslan is offline
              the pretender
               
              Join Date: Mar 2013
              Age: 17
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 2,361
              Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer?

              Chuck was my favourite by far. Aside from the obvious Norris jokes, he's a leader who has continually trained and strengthened his team. He always aims to improve himself and as a midgame gym leader, does well at providing an all out offense. What's not to love? A moustached wrestler is hard to hate.

              Brawly's also rather eccentric. With the blue hair and new tan come ORAS, he seems to enjoy adventure and the outdoors. He's motivated too - so I guess he'd be my second favourite. :]
                #12    
              Old January 18th, 2015 (1:13 AM).
              Hiatus's Avatar
              Hiatus Hiatus is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2012
              Posts: 12,287
              Another fighting-type trainer (which I forgot to mention) I'm pretty fond is Bruno, for sure.

              Going up against the guy in Pokémon League has always seemed to have been a challenge, as his team was difficult to take down. Although I was able to defeat him in my first attempt when I'd met Bruno in Blue version, it still took some time. What I liked most about battling with him, however, is the amount of experience he was able to provide; it was a lot.

              I'm pretty fond of his anime appearances, too! Bruno is generally a buffy-looking tough person, but when it come to anime series, though, his outside seemed to have been rather fun, cheerful, outgoing, and so forth; I really like that about his character, as it added some decent vibrancy (in my opinion).
              __________________
                #13    
              Old January 19th, 2015 (12:11 PM).
              TaintedBeing's Avatar
              TaintedBeing TaintedBeing is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2015
                Location: United States
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 23
                Greetings.

                Username- TaintedBeing

                Partner Pokemon: Blaziken. (I also like Lucario.) I think the mixture of Fire/Fighting makes it powerful. Not only this but this reminds me of Ra, the Egyption Sun God (I'd always play as Ra in a game called Smite, that's how I know of him.)

                I want to join because Fighting Pokemon are useful yet courageous, there has been more than one occasion to where Fighting Pokemon have brought me through sticky situations. I currently have two on my current run, Mienshao and Lucario. They have both the brunt in combat for quite a while.

                My favorite Fighting type Gym Leader is Chuck because he has a nice variety of Fighting Pokemon. (Especially during rematch in HG/SS.)
                __________________
                This signature has been disabled.
                Just a bit too tall :(
                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                  #14    
                Old January 19th, 2015 (6:06 PM).
                Odyssey Odyssey is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2014
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 257
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TaintedBeing View Post
                  Greetings.

                  Username- TaintedBeing

                  Partner Pokemon: Blaziken. (I also like Lucario.) I think the mixture of Fire/Fighting makes it powerful. Not only this but this reminds me of Ra, the Egyption Sun God (I'd always play as Ra in a game called Smite, that's how I know of him.)

                  I want to join because Fighting Pokemon are useful yet courageous, there has been more than one occasion to where Fighting Pokemon have brought me through sticky situations. I currently have two on my current run, Mienshao and Lucario. They have both the brunt in combat for quite a while.

                  My favorite Fighting type Gym Leader is Chuck because he has a nice variety of Fighting Pokemon. (Especially during rematch in HG/SS.)
                  Hello, Tainted Being! Welcome to the club. :3

                  Yeah, Blaziken is a cool Pokémon. For me, I've always liked birds, including Ra, so seeing a Fighting type that is based around this Sun God is pretty cool.
                    #15    
                  Old January 20th, 2015 (4:48 PM). Edited January 27th, 2015 by Dedenne1.
                  Dedenne1's Avatar
                  Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
                  Changing Seasons~
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2013
                  Location: Mewni~
                  Age: 19
                  Gender: Other
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 6,464
                  How'd I miss this?

                  Who is your favourite Fighting type Trainer?
                  Although it was between Maylene and Korrina KORRINA IS TOO AWESOME
                  i love korrina shes so cute and she has the Origins of mega evolution in her family plus she is like the only gym leader that we know who has the power. Plus shes cute did i say that already? :3 and her team is pretty great i think shes a realy powerhouse if u would face her later in the game :)
                  __________________
                  -
                  Playing
                  Reading
                  Credit
                  Haitus
                  Discord
                    #16    
                  Old January 22nd, 2015 (4:17 PM).
                  Odyssey Odyssey is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2014
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 257
                    A new topic has been made! Please answer it!

                    Which Fighting Type should get a Mega Evolution next?
                      #17    
                    Old January 27th, 2015 (6:50 PM).
                    TaintedBeing's Avatar
                    TaintedBeing TaintedBeing is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2015
                      Location: United States
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 23
                      I think Machamp should have a Mega Evolution. Imagine him having 6 arms, hah.

                      And, I think his stats are a bit mediocre when you look at his Pokedex entries and look.
                      __________________
                      This signature has been disabled.
                      Just a bit too tall :(
                      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                        #18    
                      Old January 27th, 2015 (8:28 PM).
                      Dedenne1's Avatar
                      Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
                      Changing Seasons~
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2013
                      Location: Mewni~
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 6,464
                      Which Fighting Type should get a Mega Evolution next?

                      Hmmm les see we got Gallade and a Lucario which are both OVERUSED pokes but Megas should really be given to the underused id say for one that id love to see Mienshao and Scrafty get them theyre underrated at times and a boost could give them a lot of help! Oh and Blaziken is another overused mega hmm all fighting types haha oh u know who else needs a boost is primeape! I think giving him a mega would help him a lot too!
                      __________________
                      -
                      Playing
                      Reading
                      Credit
                      Haitus
                      Discord
                        #19    
                      Old January 27th, 2015 (10:25 PM).
                      Fafrir's Avatar
                      Fafrir Fafrir is offline
                      Best cat
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2014
                        Gender: Female
                        Posts: 463
                        Which Fighting Type should get a Mega Evolution next?
                        Scrafty is crying for one. And I concur that Machamp, Mienshao and Primeape would appreciate one too.
                        I guess it would be cool to see the Swords of Justice getting one, I know Keldeo got a Resolute form but what if the Swords of Justice protected the Pokemon with their Mega forms? I don't know what I'm talking about but I guess they have swords but they haven't reached max potential yet. So a mega will show them in their true forms.
                          #20    
                        Old January 29th, 2015 (3:40 PM).
                        Odyssey Odyssey is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2014
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 257
                          A new topic has been made! Please answer it!

                          What is your favourite Fighting type move?

                          While I'm here, I was thinking about creating a Pokémon of the Week for this club. What do you think?
                            #21    
                          Old January 29th, 2015 (5:56 PM).
                          Fafrir's Avatar
                          Fafrir Fafrir is offline
                          Best cat
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2014
                            Gender: Female
                            Posts: 463
                            What is your favourite Fighting type move?
                            Probably Drain Punch, favourite Pokemon gets this and I love how they buffed it from 60 to 75 and plus it heals. Close Combat is nice too, despite the stat drop.

                            @PotW- Yes please!
                              #22    
                            Old January 29th, 2015 (6:10 PM).
                            Dedenne1's Avatar
                            Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
                            Changing Seasons~
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2013
                            Location: Mewni~
                            Age: 19
                            Gender: Other
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 6,464
                            POTW is good as long as its not like mine :P haha
                            Anyways:
                            What is your favourite Fighting type move?
                            Id say high jump kick cause i really love the damage it does i hate focus punch though way too risky! For special attack its focus blast which i have on a lot of my special attackers for the ones who cant learn aura sphere! My favorite for the pokes with the iron fist ability is also drain punch especially on my golurk and Infernape they do great damage and give me more hp! But overall it will always be high jump kick so awesome!
                            __________________
                            -
                            Playing
                            Reading
                            Credit
                            Haitus
                            Discord
                              #23    
                            Old January 29th, 2015 (6:18 PM).
                            Fafrir's Avatar
                            Fafrir Fafrir is offline
                            Best cat
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2014
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 463
                              I also like High Jump Kick but in game it likes to miss. D: But, it's definitely a high risk high reward move. Same with Focus Blast, I remember one match I had with a friend, Focus Blast missed 4 times in a row.
                                #24    
                              Old January 29th, 2015 (7:14 PM).
                              Dedenne1's Avatar
                              Dedenne1 Dedenne1 is offline
                              Changing Seasons~
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2013
                              Location: Mewni~
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Other
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 6,464
                              Hmmm I almost never miss with high jump kick hahah but a lot of people do! I also like jump kick which is pretty great. Isnt there an item your pokemon can hold or ability that doesnt allow the recoil? That would be super helpful i remember first seeing the move going against a hitmonlee not pretty. Focus blast i cant stand in competitive battling just never hits never never never NO FUN haha but that and auro sphere in my opinion are the special attacking fighting type moves. Really i dont have the patience for focus punch to work and its not that great in competitive battling really dynamic punch is a better move also cause confusion thats a really great move there!
                              __________________
                              -
                              Playing
                              Reading
                              Credit
                              Haitus
                              Discord
                                #25    
                              Old January 29th, 2015 (10:33 PM).
                              Aslan's Avatar
                              Aslan Aslan is offline
                              the pretender
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2013
                              Age: 17
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 2,361
                              What's your favourite fighting type move?

                              High Jump Kick. Even though missing it is pretty much fatal, I love how powerful it is in comparison to moves like Dynamic Punch or Close Combat (which offer different drawbacks like stat lowering and 50% accuracy). On the other hand, High Jump Kick only has a 5% chance of missing and it usually results in an easy KO. One of my best moves for finishing tough opponents and a fun one too. :]

                              That being said, I do miss moves like Focus Blast and Hi Jump Kick a lot. Ah, well. :(

                              Drain Punch's an interesting choice but I feel like it falls off in terms of damage. I do like Mach Punch though, it's a great finisher.

                              @ PotW - Sounds good to me. :)
                              __________________
                               

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:54 AM.