• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Username: ZekromWhite123
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Pinkie Pie!
Additional Information: Why is Pinkie my favorite you ask? Well, she is completly random to the point of being faster then Dash! I belive that Pinkie has more magic in her than Twilight!

Username: Arcturus.
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Rarity
Additional Information: I been watching the show for a while now and I figured I should join this club, 'cause why not? :p Also, Rarity is my favorite because her overly-dramatic moments are just hilarious. And on the topic voice actors for the show, John DiMaggio needs to be on the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ebha1NW5t0

Hello and Welcome to the Pony Club, everyone!

@ZekromWhite123; You could be right, but then again...Twilight has a lot of brain in her as well to do magic, but its the magic you are talking about, show-magic stuff, then yes.

@Arcturus; Rarity's moments are some of the best and memorable in the series so far.

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
Howay! Also, I only thought about Pinkie's magic ability, like being able to teleport, run at super speed, and the Pinkie Sense from Super Horse Lesbian RPG, a fan made MLP game, where Pinkie can use magic!

Cura

Years
Howay! Also, I only thought about Pinkie's magic ability, like being able to teleport, run at super speed, and the Pinkie Sense from Super Horse Lesbian RPG, a fan made MLP game, where Pinkie can use magic!

img-1777303-1-mlfw6117-RD_WAT.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Username: Roaming Murkrow
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Rainbow Dash
Additional Information: I started watching MLP because i was wondering what all the hype was about. I watched the whole Season 1 overnight purely by accident, i was mostly bored and few episodes were actually good, but the episodes mostly got worse at end. I really didn't get hooked till like Season 2, because i loved Discord as an villain. At first my favorite pony was Twilight because i felt like other ponies were over exaggerated, but in Season 2 i started liking Rainbow Dash way more, mostly because she standed out from the rest, and because Episode 3 of Season 2 completely ruined my view on Twilight. I quit during start of Season 3, i loved the Season 2 finale episodes, but the Season 3 starting episodes weren't that good for me, and i had to stop watching to prevent getting caught because i would probably get bullied if anybody found out. Now that school is over i might consider watching it again, especially since i have nothing to do again.

Sorry if you have no idea what i just wrote, it's 10 PM here lol

Years
Hello bronies, and pegasisters.

I have a small habit of referring to both as just "bronies", so hope it doesn't offend anybody.

Cura

Years
Username: Roaming Murkrow
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Rainbow Dash
Additional Information: I started watching MLP because i was wondering what all the hype was about. I watched the whole Season 1 overnight purely by accident, i was mostly bored and few episodes were actually good, but the episodes mostly got worse at end. I really didn't get hooked till like Season 2, because i loved Discord as an villain. At first my favorite pony was Twilight because i felt like other ponies were over exaggerated, but in Season 2 i started liking Rainbow Dash way more, mostly because she standed out from the rest, and because Episode 3 of Season 2 completely ruined my view on Twilight. I quit during start of Season 3, i loved the Season 2 finale episodes, but the Season 3 starting episodes weren't that good for me, and i had to stop watching to prevent getting caught because i would probably get bullied if anybody found out. Now that school is over i might consider watching it again, especially since i have nothing to do again.

Sorry if you have no idea what i just wrote, it's 10 PM here lol

Do not be sorry, there is a lot of things out there that people write. And personally yours is the more sane of the a lot of it. So you should feel proud that you are on more saner side of it. Because, between you and I (and technically everyone else), everyone has a little insanity in their minds, some outlandish idea or thought that comes into view of something or someone. Even things that we hold close to us, it could be anything.

Ah, forgive me for writing that odd piece. Too much Stanley Parable (thanks to a friend on Steam who got me it), and welcome to the club friend. Glad to see you are here to join us. :)

And again, you know what. How you watched or encountered Season One was the same way how I encountered the first season. That and a commission of sketching Pinkie Pie.

I have a small habit of referring to both as just "bronies", so hope it doesn't offend anybody.

It's alright. I personally to not address myself as a brony, or label myself as one. Forgive me if the community suddenly when 'OH NO YOU DIDN'T' or something like that. I am a fan of the show, a 'Pony Fan' since I love horses any all that (And there I go again...unneeded speaking).

Years
Do not be sorry, there is a lot of things out there that people write. And personally yours is the more sane of the a lot of it. So you should feel proud that you are on more saner side of it. Because, between you and I (and technically everyone else), everyone has a little insanity in their minds, some outlandish idea or thought that comes into view of something or someone. Even things that we hold close to us, it could be anything.

Ah, forgive me for writing that odd piece. Too much Stanley Parable (thanks to a friend on Steam who got me it), and welcome to the club friend. Glad to see you are here to join us. :)

And again, you know what. How you watched or encountered Season One was the same way how I encountered the first season. That and a commission of sketching Pinkie Pie.

It's alright. I personally to not address myself as a brony, or label myself as one. Forgive me if the community suddenly when 'OH NO YOU DIDN'T' or something like that. I am a fan of the show, a 'Pony Fan' since I love horses any all that (And there I go again...unneeded speaking).

I did watch the old MLP back when i was a kid, which i guess i could add as 1 of the reasons i tried MLP;FiM.

I don't really address myself as a brony either, mostly because some of the fanbase can be.... well weird. Also because there is a lot of hate on bronies, if you have a pony pic and post your opinion on somewhere like Youtube, your opinion becomes completely obsolete and people start wishing you and your family die of cancer or something. I can understand general hate on it, because there was a huge part of fanbase that started spamming MLP comments everywhere back when Season 1 aired, but wishing people to die? I don't understand that

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Seeing as there are official MLP dolls in stores and some of us own them, myself included, does anyone also own the custom-made dolls made by the brony community, such as these:

Spoiler:

Too bad I lost my chance to buy tickets to the Comic Con, which I know will sell these custom-made dolls.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
That gives me an idea for a topic that could be interesting.

Do you like to be called a brony, or do you see it as a bad label? If so do you prefer to use a different term?

I personally don't mind being called a brony. It's who I am and I'm not ashamed of it! I'm willing to stand with the fandom and defend it as well. And while yes, some of us are weird/nasty/etc... we're all in the same boat!

And to the dolls. Hell to the no. I don't roll that way

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Username: bewbs
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy
Additional Information: I've watched the first 18 episodes and I think it's a really cute and sweet show. At first I've been skeptical because I didn't like the way certain bronies sexualised the show. But now I have watched it, I liked it. Fluttershy and the cutie mark crusaders are my favourites.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I added the new members to the first post to help our club owner out!

As for the topic, I don't see the need to call myself a brony. I'm not a fan of "cute names" for fans of something, and I prefer to just call myself a "fan of MLP: FiM" than any title. There's also the fact that calling myself a "brony" (even if I wanted to) would lead people to judge me harshly just because I like the same cartoon as someone else they don't like.

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
Sorry I havent responded latley.... But I'm here now!
@Pinkie-Dawn: I would get the "dolls" (I myself prefer stuffed animals), but the real ones have stringy hair, which I dislike, and I have zero extra moneys to buy the fan ones. But when I get extra money, I will get Fluffle Puff!

Cura

Years
Do you like to be called a brony, or do you see it as a bad label? If so do you prefer to use a different term?

I might of stated it before, I do not like to be labeled or stereotyped as 'brony', sure its a portmanteau of 'bro' and 'pony'; yet it never really caught on with me. Why? I truly do not know, nor really need to know since I personally see it as a slang term. In all seriousness, most people connect the term with something either negative or hateful towards those who accept and/or are okay with being called a brony (regardless, if you like the show, you are still going to get hate thrown at you like a monkey who didn't get his banana back).

Seeing it as a bad label; it depends on the situation. Brony can be used as either a label for fans of the show, or it can be used as (an example is 4chan's general usage of it) a meaning for you are nothing more than a autistic hopeless ♥♥♥♥♥♥. This type of behavior is both out of line and extreme nasty, moreso one-minded as well (which is saddening for me since I actually have a form of autism). Regardless; the term isn't bad at all, its a word with a meaning and that is, 'One who likes or enjoys a showed called, 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". If you hear or see otherwise, than you know its just either a troll or hate being thrown.

Do I prefer a different terminology for identification of a show fan? Yes, actually. For years, I personally address myself as a 'Pony Fan', for someone who likes horses in general, it was natural for me to fall into positive feelings with the show. The animation is fairly good, the story is moderately great, the characters are colourful and very enjoyable (even if you do not like the character or she/he is not your favorite). As a folk artist, I personally find the art style of the show positive for me and I love it, another reason why I draw still.

As for collecting merchandise, I personally like the blind-bags, and plushies.
More related to artistic feelings with the blind-bags, but the plushies are comfort support.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I prefer to use the term "brony" to describe male fans of the show, much like how the term "pegasister" is used to describe female fans. However, the male term is usually used to describe fans for both genders, which could create a misconception that only men like the show. I blame the lack of an appropriate term that refers to both genders of MLP fans to correct that misconception.

@ZekromWhite123: There is a custom made Fluffle Puff doll available online, as what I've been told by CureYoshiDarkness.

Years
Username: Absolus
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6:
Rainbow Dash
Additional Information:
I was a big fan of the show from the end of season 1 when I first watched it until around the start of season 3. Since then it's taken it's place on the backbench of my likes so to speak, and nowadays I tend to only pay attention to certain musicians or writers in the fandom who I still enjoy.

I love Fallout Equestria. It's possibly the main reason I still consider myself a part of the community and it embodies what I love so much about it. Creative minds like Kkat were able to take a show about magical ponies and create something epic which will stick with me for the rest of my life. Rainbow Dash Presents and the Phoenix Wright MLP series are two other things I love which have emerged from this community. I still listen to quite a few community musicians as well.

A final bit of info, I'm working on the steward team at the convention BUCK in the UK this year, so if you are planning on attending I can try and answer any questions you may have (which is basically what my job will be during the weekend as well).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Thank you Asty & Yoshi for all the help while I was away. That was the reason why I promoted you. :P I'm back from my break, so I'll be able to take care of things now. :D

Welcome to the club to those that joined while I was away! I hope you are getting enough pony while on dry season. As for myself, I discovered a few things:

~Anyone a card player for the MLP:CCG? I bought a starter pack last weekend and I'm itching to play! I'm still learning, though...so my skills are quite rusty at the moment! I'm really lucky to get the Celestia/Rarity pack, which has both holographic cards in it!

~I recently found out there's a Southern California Bronies meetup group. I am literally ECSTATIC. They do meetups in the Inland Empire, LA, San Diego, pretty much anywhere in Southern California. I'm hoping they organize one in San Diego pretty soon, because since I might be moving there soon, I'm going to be organizing a loooot of these meetups. :D

~I'm halfway done with Fallout Equestria!

Oh, and I bought a new MLP tshirt too. It's Derpy :)

Spoiler:

Anyways, to answer the current topic, I used to prefer Pegasister for a while...but Brony seems to be more dominant for both genders. I honestly don't have much of a preference, because if you can call girls bronies, then I don't mind being called a brony at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back