• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Thanks, but I honestly don't know what I'll be doing with it yet. I wanted it as a display piece but saying that I'll judge it on the condition of the box first.
You have greater willpower than me. I wouldn't be able to sit in the same room as a sealed booster box for an hour without ripping it open, even though I know the cards inside will probably never match the value of a sealed box in years to come.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Walmart and got a Roaring Skies 3 pack, I then went to Toys r Us and bought 6 Plasma Freeze packs. I'm looking for a couple cards from the set, namely Espeon Reverse, Latias Full Art and 4 SR's. I didn't get any new cards but I did get an awesome duplicate.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I went to Walmart and got a Roaring Skies 3 pack, I then went to Toys r Us and bought 6 Plasma Freeze packs. I'm looking for a couple cards from the set, namely Espeon Reverse, Latias Full Art and 4 SR's. I didn't get any new cards but I did get an awesome duplicate.

Spoiler:

Whoaaaah! What a card too pull, I remember you pulled the first one not to long ago as well didn't you?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went back to Walmart where I recently got the Deoxys Full Art and bought 11 packs. I bought 5 more Plasma Freeze packs. I originally picked up 3 packs but went back later and got 2 more. I also got 4 Boundaries Crossed packs and 2 Furious Fists packs, just the first ones on the pegs for BC and FF, I picked out the Plasma Freeze packs in the row of 8.

Spoiler:

Nothing from Boundaries, not surprised as BC is almost impossible to pull from regular packs. The Lucario is my third Full Art Lucario, still looking for a Full Art Heracross. The Lucario is actually my 99th pulled Full Art card. My 100th will most likely be from Primal Clash. I didn't count the five bcbm full arts in the total. The Ultra Ball, much like Deoxys was in the 2 packs I picked up later. It's my second secret rare pulled from Plasma Freeze.
Spoiler:

Yes, on Feb 21st I bought 5 Plasma Freeze packs from Walmart along with some other packs and pulled the Ultra Ball and a Lucario FA.

Last edited:
Years
This past November I bought a sealed 1998 Base Set Booster Box (Unlimited not Shadowless) for $700 Canadian. I'm unsure as to whether I should open the box and try to get the final 11 cards that I need and also relive my childhood or sell the box and hopefully make a profit.
The 11 cards that I'm missing are: Charizard, Cleafiry, Ninetails, Nidoking, Magneton, Poliwrath, Lapras, Raichu, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Dragonair and Double Colorless Energy.
Is it worth it to open the box and get try to pull those cards in Mint or NearMint or sell the box and buy those cards individually?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
This past November I bought a sealed 1998 Base Set Booster Box (Unlimited not Shadowless) for $700 Canadian. I'm unsure as to whether I should open the box and try to get the final 11 cards that I need and also relive my childhood or sell the box and hopefully make a profit.
The 11 cards that I'm missing are: Charizard, Cleafiry, Ninetails, Nidoking, Magneton, Poliwrath, Lapras, Raichu, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Dragonair and Double Colorless Energy.
Is it worth it to open the box and get try to pull those cards in Mint or NearMint or sell the box and buy those cards individually?

I'd keep it sealed and sell it later. They go from about 800 - 1000 US dollars.

The 11 cards you need, TBPH, could be purchased individually for about 80 us dollars or less.

However, if you are trying to get cards graded thats another thing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

Those cards, bar Charizard, won't cost you more than $5 each. To open the Box would be fun, but I think you would regret it if you only got say 5 of them and then had to go and buy the rest.

I wouldn't open it, for the cards inside it's not worth it. Charizard at its most expensive wouldn't cost more than £20-30. The box is at least £700-900.
Sell the box if you need the money, if not then keep the box in your collection sealed and buy the cards you need. IMO it's a no brainer.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
If you're trying to make a profit, the best thing you can do is leave the box sealed and hang onto it until they sell for thousands. Even if you pull a Charizard from the box and have it graded a 10 (there's no guarentee it'll get a 10 even fresh from a booster pack), it'll never match what the box will be worth in years to come. In fact PSA 10s may even dip in value as more people jump on the grading bandwagon.

I know what I would do personally though, which is open the box for fun and nostalgia. It's people like me who will make sealed booster packs and boxes skyrocket in value over time. :)

Years
Those cards, bar Charizard, won't cost you more than $5 each. To open the Box would be fun, but I think you would regret it if you only got say 5 of them and then had to go and buy the rest.

I wouldn't open it, for the cards inside it's not worth it. Charizard at its most expensive wouldn't cost more than £20-30. The box is at least £700-900.
Sell the box if you need the money, if not then keep the box in your collection sealed and buy the cards you need. IMO it's a no brainer.

Thanks for the input!

That's what I was planning on doing. I just cheecked and realized that I missed an auction for the same box that ended up being sold for a little over $300. If I would have bought that one, I would have opened one of the boxes and sold the other. Now that I only have my one box I'm probably going to just keep it in the sealed box and sell it in a couple of years.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I opened some 3 packs and got another Aegislash Ex from Phantom Forces, the only cards I need from the set right now are both Mega Secret Rares, Full Art Lysandre's Trump Card and Holos of Slurpuff and Pyroar.

Today I opened an Absol Box and got a Latios Ex, unfortunately I don't find these boxes to be worth the money they cost unless you get a secret rare in them.
I also opened a Latios pin blister and got another Manectric Ex which is kind of funny since that was the hardest regular ex for me to find.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I just redeemed some codes recently from some products I've bought recently, I got a Charizard FA and an Emolga Ex in 3 Pyroar boxes. I also just redeemed the 4 codes from a Rayquaza Ex box and got Enhanced Hammer SR, Gallade FA, Gallade Ex and Manectric Ex. It was crazy, every pack had something in it. It's interesting because I don't think any of these products yielded anything in their real packs.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I just ordered like 8 cards on Amazon from various sets because I've decided buying packs in order to pull them is a waste of money I want to spend on Ancient Origins. So I decided instead of buying packs from like 10 sets looking for 1 or 2 cards it will be easier to shorten the sets I'm buying packs from. I don't like buying bcbm's but since I pulled like 80-90% of each set buying the final cards is a good idea.

I ordered the following cards on Amazon

M Gengar SR and M Manectric SR, I decided to finish Phantom Forces by buying the final cards I needed from the set. I also bought Slurpuff and Pyroar Holos. I'm waiting to buy Lysandre's Trump Card FA because I'm hoping the price will freefall once it's banned. P.S. or will the price rise when it's banned, should I buy it now?

Latias FA and Espeon Rev, Plasma Freeze is currently the only set where I can finish the reverse set with just 1 more card so I figured what the hey. I'm not planning on finishing any other reverse sets but since I only needed 1 more card I might as well, and this Espeon Rev is just a pain in the butt to find.

Heracross FA, it's the only card I need from Furious Fists and it's 4 bucks on Amazon, there really isn't any reason to spend hundreds of dollars buying Furious Fists packs looking for a 4 dollar card.

The final card is Slurpuff Holo from XY Base Set, with that card XY base set is finished.

With these I will have finished XY base set, Furious Fists and Plasma Freeze minus the 4 secrets. Also won't need to buy any more Phantom Forces. Then going into the future I'll be buying packs from Ancient Origins, Roaring Skies, Primal Clash, Plasma Storm, Boundaries Crossed, Flashfire and Next Destinies. Plasma Blast is pretty much done as well minus a couple secrets. Of course I may end up buying some of these packs in merchandise since Pokemon likes to stick old packs in new merchandise. I will post pictures when they arrive, hopefully they arrive I've never ordered this many things from 7 different sellers.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got my Topps - The First Movie Booster Box in today. Going to get it signed by Veronica Taylor in August.
Spoiler:

Since I haven't given up collecting all together, I decided on what I'd collect going forward. Japanese XY Booster Boxes and some other foreign sealed XY stuff. XY got me into collecting cards and since there's so much that has came out in English I decided this was the better (and cheaper) option. So, tonight I ordered a 1st Edition Phantom Gate Booster Box, Dialga/Aegislash Hyper Metal Chain Deck & a Korean Mega Rayquaza Battle Deck. Pretty happy and this is the first of many.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Opened a few Skyridge booster packs today and found a Crystal Celebi holo and a Crystal Kabutops reverse holo. No Charizard, unfortunately.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
My Team Rocket Booster Box came in such disgusting condition that I actually sold it already, not happy!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My first bcbm came on Friday. Today I opened 5 of the Roaring Skies 3 packs.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Walmart today and bought a couple pin blisters, they didn't have anything but a couple new reverses. I also noticed some Pyroar boxes there. I like to open them because they tend to be lucky for me. They had no plastic cover and the little sticker thing Walmart put on the box was open and hairy like they had been opened before. They also looked like someone played kickball with them. I decided to buy the one laying down on the back of the shelf.

My biggest fear was that someone switched the packs with weighed packs in store since the box was open. But apparently they didn't because when I opened it...

Spoiler:

When I opened the first Flashfire pack I saw the border and figured it was a mega, obviously I was hoping it was the secret rare M Charizard X since that I needed that card but the non SR has been following me around recently. Then when I opened the XY pack and saw the black border my jaw dropped to the floor. The 3rd pack had a Skuntank. Ironically the first time I pulled a secret rare from Flashfire, it was Mega Charizard Y, and it was in a Machamp 3 pack blister and the 3 pack had a Toxicroak FA in it as well. So secrets from Flashfire tend to come paired with a full art ex....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back