• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Its not a big deal by any means, but I'm a fan of the exp gain system that's in Black and White. Normally I wouldn't mention it but I've noticed you've included some other newer gen features, so I think it would be cool if you could implement the exp gain system. Just a thought! :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Hey if i "design" a fakemon you will think of adding him??
Sorry for poor english

Maybe, if the design is good enough. PM me and I'll take a look at your Fakemon.

Its not a big deal by any means, but I'm a fan of the exp gain system that's in Black and White. Normally I wouldn't mention it but I've noticed you've included some other newer gen features, so I think it would be cool if you could implement the exp gain system. Just a thought! :)

You mean when you battle a Pokemon that's above your level you get more experience and vice versa? I'm not sure if anyone already tried porting that to Fire Red but I'll talk with our scripter about it. Not a bad idea, but I think it's not really that important (at least for me, don't know what the majority thinks). Thanks for the suggestion.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
You mean when you battle a Pokemon that's above your level you get more experience and vice versa? I'm not sure if anyone already tried porting that to Fire Red but I'll talk with our scripter about it. Not a bad idea, but I think it's not really that important (at least for me, don't know what the majority thinks). Thanks for the suggestion.

I believe Liquid Crystal has it. That's the main reason I suggested it, because that's Fire Red and I figured it might not be difficult to add. But personally its not a big deal to me either unless there's a steep level curve in the game, in which case it takes a lot of edge off the grinding.

Years
Heyo everyone! I'm here to give you all an update about the hack's progression ^_^
The hack is progressing very nicely, and we have a scripter now so things should start falling into place for an Alpha release in the coming weeks!

New Progress
One of the things I disliked about XY was how the gyma took very little effort, so one thing being implemented is Gym Challenges! In order to gain access to any of the various gyms in the region, you'll need to complete the gym leader's specified challenge! These challenges might include evolving a Pokemon, have a certain amount of pokemon captured, and more! Of course, the gym puzzles inside will still be present, this is just a little addition to those!
By the second Beta release, which shouldn't fall far from our first release (we're progressing much faster now), you'll be 100% capable of breeding in the game! Obviously, you're notngoing to IV breed in a hack, but you'll want to get the Baby Pokemon being included, and maybe even new possible Egg Moves! Another new feature to breeding is that event Pokemon, such as your starters, can beeed to get different Abilities! We can't implement Hidden abilities, but this close.
Starters will, of course, be revealed prior to the first download, but for now we're keepong them to ourselves ^_^

Thanks for being patient with us, we know its been taking a while to get this hack moving ^^

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I can do some base spriting, so pretty much, I'll sprite, put it on here, then let some one finish it off with proper programs, since all I have is paint.
If that's okay with you.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
Sorry for telling a truth but your fakemons looks like painted by 4 year old child :( Sorry

But your maps looks good +

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Answering instead of Papaya, hope yall don't mind :3
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I can do some base spriting, so pretty much, I'll sprite, put it on here, then let some one finish it off with proper programs, since all I have is paint.
If that's okay with you.

Thanks, that's more than welcome, can you tell us what sprites you can do exactly? We're especially in need of OW and trainer sprites, but anything is appreciated. Oh and Paint is pretty much all you need for a good sprite, so no worries :)

Sorry for telling a truth but your fakemons looks like painted by 4 year old child :( Sorry

But your maps looks good +

Ehh.. Maybe you want to specify which ones look bad? The only Fakemon you should really care about are the sprites though, the concept art is pretty much just a rough sketch until we start spriting. I mean, you'll only see sprites in the game, not any artwork, lol.

Thanks, I guess. My mapping isn't super amazing, but I'm working on improving it.

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I can do most sprites with a bit of practice probably, yeah, I can definitely do OW sprites, maybe some trainer sprites.

Years
Update!
We know it's been a while since we gave you all an update, but here we are, with a big one! First, we have the starters ready to be revealed!
unnamed_grass_starter_by_3d_papaya-d78p8qx.png
fire_starter_by_3d_papaya-d78p8xx.png
salaqua_by_3d_papaya-d78p8k1.png

The sprites may change slightly prior to the first release but these are your choices at the start of the game ^^ Salaqua has been released before, but the other (currently unnamed) starters are finally here! No fancy artwork for them (not like we're very good at it anyways). Our first release is going to have 2-3 gyms, and 4-6 towns included, and it should be ready by the end of this year if we find scripters!! WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF A SCRIPTER THAT STAYS ON THE TEAM. So, here are some screens from the first 2 towns and routes:
screens1_by_pokemonswhf-d78c53p.png

That's really it for now! Really really need a scripter, so please, anyone who can dedicate some time to scipting for us would be appreciated ^^
More screens to come soon!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This looks awesome. Love the fakemon and looking forward to seeing more from this hack.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
More screens to come soon!

In fact, now. ;)

screens2_by_pokemonswhf-d78vlb9.png

1. End of Route 2, the gate will probably be replaced with a forest entrance
2. Gloomy Forest
3. Lowlite Town (testing a sparkling water animation)
4. Shinygrove City gym. Guess the type :P
5. An unnamed town in the mountains.
6. Route 3

Again, sorry for the lack of updates. We're having really, really bad luck with our scripters (basically no one stayed at the team) so we were focussing on maps and sprites.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these screenshots!

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Hey papayaperson, by ScreenShots your hacks look Great..

your mapping and choice of tileset is amazing, though I didn't liked the idea of Fake-New-Starters but its not much against your mapping, I wish your hacks will get HotY's
but remember to release alphas or it'll be considered as "Not worked on" anyway, take your time and publish your hacks a lot by posting mini updates so more people would aknowledge it..

Happy Hacking!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I love those maps and tiles.. but you're fakemon could use a little bit of shading and smoothing.. I'm not a spriter or anything I'm just giving you ideas.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back