• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Dawn & Dusk Versions

Name Change

• Total voters

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
mewlover22
Hello. I saw your first post. If you had a website and you would put drawings like that, that wouldn't matter. But we are talking about a game. A game must always looks professional, professional as possible. the more professional it looks the better. I don't know exactly when you post that game with those drawings, but If you still continue to drew that way I must tell you. Continue you can draw, but it is not that good enough to put it on a game, I mean look at the faces of the VS-Trainer, before the battle begins. Chris looks like a girl or a boy with 5 years old.
I don't want to offend you, I just want to give you feedback. Continue drawing many years, then you get better.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
mewlover22
Hello. I saw your first post. If you had a website and you would put drawings like that, that wouldn't matter. But we are talking about a game. A game must always looks professional, professional as possible. the more professional it looks the better. I don't know exactly when you post that game with those drawings, but If you still continue to drew that way I must tell you. Continue you can draw, but it is not that good enough to put it on a game, I mean look at the faces of the VS-Trainer, before the battle begins. Chris looks like a girl or a boy with 5 years old.
I don't want to offend you, I just want to give you feedback. Continue drawing many years, then you get better.

Thanks for the feedback new vs pictures are coming soon I finally have a graphic artist as for a website I have no way to manage one unless you fell like helping out with.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Thanks for the feedback new vs pictures are coming soon I finally have a graphic artist as for a website I have no way to manage one unless you fell like helping out with.
I can help you with the graphics too! In the past I had a Pokémon Fanpage where I made "GFX" that I hope you know what it is. It's like making backgrounds, Headers for Websites with many glitters. :3
I had many requests of Webmasters who've wanted my graphics, the word gfx - so I think - comes from "graphics".

As I'm German too they often say "gfxt", it means I had made gfx. I hope you know what it is. I don't know really where the word comes from, but I know how to make it, I use special painting programs, the best for me (so I think) is Photofiltre 7 (free) and Photofiltre Studio (have to buy). I have Photofiltre Studio, but I had 7 too and its the same just Studio has more features. If you want to try it out, I recommend to download the free version, its in english too. There are many language packs and plugins in the official site, the site are in french but there is an english site of it out there. Any questions you might ask me all the time :)

If anyone who's reading this knows the word "gfx", where it comes from, what it means, plz tell me, thanks :)

I would like to make graphics for you, I can make backgrounds, but you have to credit those Sites, persons who had made the "brushes" etc. I'll tell you then who you have to credits then, you can make it on the credits of the Settings in RPG Maker XP. (With the Website, if you want to make one - I can help you (I know alot of CSS3, HTML, javascript too) If you want to make a Site for your game, I can help you (No need to credit me) :)

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
I can help you with the graphics too! In the past I had a Pokémon Fanpage where I made "GFX" that I hope you know what it is. It's like making backgrounds, Headers for Websites with many glitters. :3
I had many requests of Webmasters who've wanted my graphics, the word gfx - so I think - comes from "graphics".

As I'm German too they often say "gfxt", it means I had made gfx. I hope you know what it is. I don't know really where the word comes from, but I know how to make it, I use special painting programs, the best for me (so I think) is Photofiltre 7 (free) and Photofiltre Studio (have to buy). I have Photofiltre Studio, but I had 7 too and its the same just Studio has more features. If you want to try it out, I recommend to download the free version, its in english too. There are many language packs and plugins in the official site, the site are in french but there is an english site of it out there. Any questions you might ask me all the time :)

If anyone who's reading this knows the word "gfx", where it comes from, what it means, plz tell me, thanks :)

I would like to make graphics for you, I can make backgrounds, but you have to credit those Sites, persons who had made the "brushes" etc. I'll tell you then who you have to credits then, you can make it on the credits of the Settings in RPG Maker XP. (With the Website, if you want to make one - I can help you (I know alot of CSS3, HTML, javascript too) If you want to make a Site for your game, I can help you (No need to credit me) :)

Sure you can help both what kind of background did you have in mind like battle backgrounds?

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Sure you can help both what kind of background did you have in mind like battle backgrounds?
It depends on what Pokémon you are gonna use. If you use Pokémon of 6th generation, I would prefer use battle backgrounds of those (you can find on google). Remember always to write down all credits that you have to put on your game, like if you take a graphic you have to write down the username of the artist.If you use Pokémon of gen 5 you can use battle backgrounds (both from 6 or gen 5 style) look at Resources of the generation you want^_^
It depends on the Pokémon you'll using.
If you use Gen 4, you can google HGSS backgrounds or DPP.
On gen 3 it's more complicated (as I know). You have to search the entire Internet for Battle backgrounds of Emerald (I think RSE have the same appereance from the style of the battle backgrounds?)

On the other side, If you are using "Fakemons" (I hate to call them fakemons, they are created by us they should call Pokémon or another name) I recommend you to use selfmade battle-backgrounds, those looks more professional, but therefore you need to recrute somone who can help you make them. More people offers to help you the better your game will be.

Take your time making your game, don't be too fast, when we are fast we make many errors.
I just make gfx, I can draw "anime" on paper, but not on computer, it won't get that good as on paper.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
It depends on what Pokémon you are gonna use. If you use Pokémon of 6th generation, I would prefer use battle backgrounds of those (you can find on google). Remember always to write down all credits that you have to put on your game, like if you take a graphic you have to write down the username of the artist.If you use Pokémon of gen 5 you can use battle backgrounds (both from 6 or gen 5 style) look at Resources of the generation you want^_^
It depends on the Pokémon you'll using.
If you use Gen 4, you can google HGSS backgrounds or DPP.
On gen 3 it's more complicated (as I know). You have to search the entire Internet for Battle backgrounds of Emerald (I think RSE have the same appereance from the style of the battle backgrounds?)

On the other side, If you are using "Fakemons" (I hate to call them fakemons, they are created by us they should call Pokémon or another name) I recommend you to use selfmade battle-backgrounds, those looks more professional, but therefore you need to recrute somone who can help you make them. More people offers to help you the better your game will be.

Take your time making your game, don't be too fast, when we are fast we make many errors.
I just make gfx, I can draw "anime" on paper, but not on computer, it won't get that good as on paper.

I guess you could say im using gen 4 and a mix of fakemon from other rom hacks. So what ever you can do to help out I would appreciate it.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I guess you could say im using gen 4 and a mix of fakemon from other rom hacks. So what ever you can do to help out I would appreciate it.
Then I suggest you to look out for gen 4 npcs and playable characters: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250115

but it's very difficult to find playable characters or npc's in google with the exact size of rpg maker xp; they are in "rom hacks"-size. If you see that they are all together you have to pick one and resize it to 200x200 if you can't do it then search on Youtube or google: How to make a Pokemon game
There are many tutorial videos how to sprite, how to make the npc and lot of stuff for the game. I can't do more than that, I can just make backgrounds not battle-backgrounds, because I'm not a good spriter, I hope I could help you anyway

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Then I suggest you to look out for gen 4 npcs and playable characters: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250115

but it's very difficult to find playable characters or npc's in google with the exact size of rpg maker xp; they are in "rom hacks"-size. If you see that they are all together you have to pick one and resize it to 200x200 if you can't do it then search on Youtube or google: How to make a Pokemon game
There are many tutorial videos how to sprite, how to make the npc and lot of stuff for the game. I can't do more than that, I can just make backgrounds not battle-backgrounds, because I'm not a good spriter, I hope I could help you anyway

Anything you can contribute would be great.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Update I have decide to change the starters in the game to a different set. Not to worry i'm going to do what X&Y did and make the second gen starters to be obtainable later on with there mega stone like the first gen ones were. Also the new sprites for the trainers are coming so the V.S pictures will be changed and most of the images will be re uploaded to show the changes. Expect more updates here and on the games website that will be made later.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Hey all still working to get the next version out. Could really use help with maps and graphics and maybe someone to work on music for the games. PM me if you can help in anyway.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 16, 2023
Ok!
I saw this game and I was like "cool Name, lets see..."
And what I saw, wasnt the best but it was ok.
Man...Youre not good at spriting right?
The sprites are really...
You know what I mean...^^
But the mapping seems to be ok~
In my opinion it's cool that you really have an idea and do your Thing!
Keep up your work!

Last edited:
Years
Ok!
I saw this game and I was like "cool Name, lets see..."
And what I saw, wasnt the best but it was ok.
Man...Youre not good at spriting right?
The sprites are really horrible...
But the mapping seems to be ok~
In my opinion it's cool that you really have an idea and do your Thing!
Keep up your work!

I think you should choose much nicer words. I don't know how mewlover22 will take your comment I'm just saying that maybe horrible wasn't the correct way to say it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 16, 2023
I think you should choose much nicer words. I don't know how mewlover22 will take your comment I'm just saying that maybe horrible wasn't the correct way to say it.

Ok, I will edit my Reply :)

Edit:
I really love the fakemon designes <3
Good Job!

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
UPDATE: Still looking for a graphic artist my last one had a pc crash and hasn't gotten back to me if he is still working on the graphics. Could use a mapper as i have been told my towns need to revamped. Also at the moment im using music from the real games if any one is good at making music for pokemon please pm me as i could really use the help. Lastly I want to put out a proof of concept demo going up to the first gym but I need grahpics first as my main players only have walking sprites no backsprites or anything else. That's all for now let's just say devlopment is super slow as I lack the graphics i need to move on.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Hey all just a real quick update of things to come from the game still need a team to get moving faster but i made this last night.
capture085_by_disneyfreak00-db8vdus.jpg

Stay tuned for more this is the start of rebirth for the games I'm starting over and i have the first town redone for the game working on the interior of the town like the lab and house.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Big Update as of today I would like to welcome KNS27 to the development team he has agreed to help work on trainer sprites by doing over worlds vs sprites and in battle sprites. For now this is a big step forward to finishing the games. I still need someone who can make Pokemon sprites for a few new Pokemon i also plan to have following Pokemon so i need those sprites to.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Update getting closer to a beta as I have several new gym leaders completely done thanks to my artist he has done amazing work can't wait to show you guys on here the new process. Question and it's a big one do you guys want me to keep gen4 graphics or switch to modified gen3 graphics from a hack?

Back