• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Alright guys, gonna need an advance scripter here pronto. This isnt recomended for lightweights.

Heres the problem. when I use this script here, after it has been executed when I leave the current building, everything is black. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script that would make it do something like that?

Spoiler:

I'm guessing my script was so epic it broke the game?

I am not exaggerating when I say that that script is quite possibly the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. My God. What if you realized that there was an error in Entei's? You'd have to edit Suicune and Raikou's script to make whatever change you made in Entei's. It might seem manageable now but when you're dealing with more than just 3 scripts and you find yourself having to make tweaks dozens of times, it's going to get annoying. It seems to me that the only differences between each the legendary dogs' scripts are the cries, the Person ID of the OW to apply the movements to, and the text that is displayed. All of those can be replaced with variables except for the texts which you can use buffers for. One of the scripting tutorials seriously needs to add a section on space efficiency because this is just ridiculous.

Anyways, the script itself looks fine (by your standards, at least) so you're right in that its execution isn't causing the problem. Yet obviously something about it is messing things up. Perhaps by setting variable 0x5002 you're activating a level script on the map outside the Professor's lab which is faulty? Or maybe those flags, though I doubt it. It would seem to me that the problem lies more in the map outside the lab than this script. If I were you, I would check that map's scripts and see if you can't dig anything up.

edit: So I went through and improved your script. The new version takes up about 2/3 of the space that your old one did. I couldn't fully debug it because I don't have the map that the script is supposed to take place on but I did my best. If anything doesn't work, too freaking bad.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
I am not exaggerating when I say that that script is quite possibly the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. My God. What if you realized that there was an error in Entei's? You'd have to edit Suicune and Raikou's script to make whatever change you made in Entei's. It might seem manageable now but when you're dealing with more than just 3 scripts and you find yourself having to make tweaks dozens of times, it's going to get annoying. It seems to me that the only differences between each the legendary dogs' scripts are the cries, the Person ID of the OW to apply the movements to, and the text that is displayed. All of those can be replaced with variables except for the texts which you can use buffers for. One of the scripting tutorials seriously needs to add a section on space efficiency because this is just ridiculous.

Anyways, the script itself looks fine (by your standards, at least) so you're right in that its execution isn't causing the problem. Yet obviously something about it is messing things up. Perhaps by setting variable 0x5002 you're activating a level script on the map outside the Professor's lab which is faulty? Or maybe those flags, though I doubt it. It would seem to me that the problem lies more in the map outside the lab than this script. If I were you, I would check that map's scripts and see if you can't dig anything up.

edit: So I went through and improved your script. The new version takes up about 2/3 of the space that your old one did. I couldn't fully debug it because I don't have the map that the script is supposed to take place on but I did my best. If anything doesn't work, too freaking bad.

Spoiler:
wdf..? I haven't seen these commands before so I have no idea what they do, but I'm going to try this out. Also I'm gonna send you a pm.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Sorry, my other post got buried, so here it is again:

Hey, just wondering, but when you set a level script, then you want that sprite in the level script to vanish after you enter the area again... What do you do? I have no idea, hidesprite only hides the sprite as I finish walking out the door, so I still see it for a second or two...

Thanks for any help :)

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Sorry, my other post got buried, so here it is again:

Hey, just wondering, but when you set a level script, then you want that sprite in the level script to vanish after you enter the area again... What do you do? I have no idea, hidesprite only hides the sprite as I finish walking out the door, so I still see it for a second or two...

Thanks for any help :)

To hide it permanently, set the person's ID to a unique flag, then set that flag in a script.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
There are no question for me to answer On well...

I just what to know what time is moring, afternoon, nightime etc..

and how do you change the time, by a script in Pokmon Emeraled

setmaptile 0xB 0x5 0x201 0x0
setmaptile 0xB 0x6 0x189 0x0
special 0x8E
hidesprite 0xA
fadescreen 0x0

This does work, but only if you walk away form it,

how do i make It on the stop!
please I would like to know!

I am guessign it has something to do with a titemap script does anyone know how to make them work in A-map

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
How about my prob?

This applymovement this does not work for me, the game freezes after I step in the script?

Here:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

I tried experimenting but I end up freezing the game. I also copy some script but it didn't go well. Even the standard applymovement script like that didn't worked out? Please help me? Is there something I should do first before using this script? Like changing some id or event n0.?

ChimcharFuse

Awaiting Black and White
Years
I want to insert Dialga into FireRed. I've already inserted the sprite, changed it's name from METAGROSS to DIALGA, changed it's moveset, given it a back sprite, and given it an overworld sprite. All I want to know is how can I go up to the overworld sprite of Dialga, press A at him, and have it automatically send me into a battle with Dialga (Metagross)? And how do I put the script into the game, and then use it in Advance Map? Is there a tutorial? Thank you!

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
how to make a ferry script?
something like the old man in ruby/sapp/emer to dewford and slateport,
but instead of a route, you see the seagallop animation

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
@chimcharfuse

wildbattle 0x(national dex metagross in hex) 0x(level in hex) 0x(item in hex)

@chroniclesoflance

special 0x17B-seagallop

just add it into your script to have the seagallop animation.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
How about my prob?

This applymovement this does not work for me, the game freezes after I step in the script?

Here:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

I tried experimenting but I end up freezing the game. I also copy some script but it didn't go well. Even the standard applymovement script like that didn't worked out? Please help me? Is there something I should do first before using this script? Like changing some id or event n0.?

What are the numbers on the right side of the bar if they are 0000 they change them to something that makes it work

and what does FF do I've never used it.
try changing it to MOVE_PLAYER or 0x1 0x2,,,,

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
krillian, 0xFF in the applymovement command refers to the player (i.e MOVE_PLAYER).

Boybatibot, try using a new offset or something. Your script is correct. Or maybe check the movement command; maybe it's wrong or whatever.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
When I use that script as person event, its perfect. But when used as a tile script. It freezes. I dont know how to fix that.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
When I use that script as person event, its perfect. But when used as a tile script. It freezes. I dont know how to fix that.

Im guessing you dont have the numbers set in the unknown and var number.
Try puttin 0003 and 4050 respectively to see if it works.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
So I took your advice and added the extra messsage. I am currently using XSE but this particular script was made with notepad. The #raws were supposed to make the sprite dissapear so the player couldn't keep coming back for free pokemon. I've never attempted making the sprite disappear but after a little research, that's what I found.
I don't think anyone addressed this. If I'm wrong, sorry.
To make the sprite disappear, use this in XSE:

hidesprite 0x(person event number)
setflag 0x(personID)
I've never heard of the #raw method, does it work?

Oh, and I have one other question. In YAPE there are three values for a Pokemon's number, national dex, Hoenn dex, and Game. Am I correct in assuming that Game is the value I use in say, a givepokemon script?

Last edited:

Raseri

a smogoner lol
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Guys, how do you take a script from xse and add it to the game? I've written them and I can't find anything wrong, but what do I do from there?

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
I've been trying to get this right sooo much and I can't. I've seen tutorials for the movements, but I can't get it to work for my script!

I'm trying to get Oak to move up to me and take me to his lab. Right now I'm only trying to get him to walk up to me, but it's failing massively. He just doesn't do anything.

Well, he doesn't appear or walk up to me, but he does say things, but pretty much nothing happens.

His event person ID is 3 and his regular person ID is 002C like in the original version.

Game: FireRed
Type: What? Um a movement script.
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: Sorry no. But basically he talks I move to the right and it stops there. Plus, he doesn't appear.

Any help?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
@tehnewbeh
tnx, it solved the freezing problem, but the script wont work, but anyway thanks.. It will hasten my progress in hacking.

@paradox
I'm not good at this but I try to help. Do you try to decompile your work? Maybe some parameters are deleted.

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Here's the decompiled work:

Spoiler:

I'm an uber noob at this as I just started like 2 days ago. I got the first town done except for 1 house which I'll finish after I get this part to work.

So me being a noob I don't know what to make of this decompile...lol some more help would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back