• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Scripting Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Ray, Thanks.

This IS useful for us lazy hackers ;)

Like me, I just dont wanna re-write the whole script every time, i dont think anyone does.

Im going to bookmark this, thanks for this quick and nice tutorial.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
I agree with hacky here it doesn't matter how you script as long as its different and Ray no offence, butr you need to watch yourself or you might get booted because I see some of your posts and some are REALLY negative

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2009
when i hit "save script" it asks me where to save it. where do i put it?
the .gba file (ROM) or what?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
when i hit "save script" it asks me where to save it. where do i put it?
the .gba file (ROM) or what?

Haha,no,if you opened the script from a-map you just click "Compile" button
41551228tr2.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
No offense intended, but this method can be really dangerous, plus it promotes laziness, which reduces the overall quality of hacks. -__-

Its useful for me.I'm not lazy,i'm just busy with other hacking jobs likemapping and o/w spriting,so i can't properly learn scripting.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Man people are still fussing about how this thread helps?
Listen if it helps some people than that's great,but everyone here should stop saying how bad the thread is,its as simple as this Ray.Tell those who criticize to never come back to your thread,I've had people do the same,and I told them they're not allowed to post and look at my thread,and well they never did after that.So tell them Ray...

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
I'm not saying it's a piece of bull, but I'm just saying it can be dangerous. Also, Ray, I never said you were lazy, I'm just saying this method promotes laziness.

Also, "tyson", if you're driving criticizers, the people who tell you what's wrong so you can fix things, away, then how are you going to get people to tell you what's wrong?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I'm not saying it's a piece of bull, but I'm just saying it can be dangerous. Also, Ray, I never said you were lazy, I'm just saying this method promotes laziness.

Also, "tyson", if you're driving criticizers, the people who tell you what's wrong so you can fix things, away, then how are you going to get people to tell you what's wrong?

Actually,i AM lazy this pase of my life....xD

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Now that the argueing has died down a little I think that I can staate this without anyone getting really upset. after readding ALL the comments I think that most people agree on these points. 1 this is a quick way of scriptting it belongs in a different fourm but this is the fourm that suits it most closley. 2 this way will lower the quality of a hack because it is quick and doesn't require a lot of effort to make a hack this way. I am not saying that using this lowers the quality of a hack, I am saying that the easier it is to make a hack, the less effort will put into one and make it so easy that people don't need to study a lot to make a hack. 3 It is useful and can be used fine so long as people put a lot of work into the hack and don't slack off. The reason I don't make a hack is that I don't have the patience to finish it and also I haven't got a plot line. a plot line develops as a hacker learns and puts time into learning. short and simple this document in itself isn't a problem but the factor of difficulty goes down so a person can just sit down and can now make half-hearted hacks. this also goes for all the tools out there, they are useful but they can lead to lazyness.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ok,for your info everyone,i learned scripting this way,now i can script without this method,and can do reeeeeaaaallly big scripts,so,everyone who doubted that with this method you can't learn scripting is wrong.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I have to agree with ray.

I first started scripting, like waht, 2-3 months ago? I first started with the little stuff and such, like editing scripts.

And although this would have been helpful to me, it was posted after I could script well :P

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
This may be a method of scripting, but it doesn't actually teach anything. Well, I take that back, it does teach them how to edit scripts, but it doesn't teach them how to make scripts.

You need to teach and explain the actual commands of scripting if you want them to learn, Ray. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
This may be a method of scripting, but it doesn't actually teach anything. Well, I take that back, it does teach them how to edit scripts, but it doesn't teach them how to make scripts.

You need to teach and explain the actual commands of scripting if you want them to learn, Ray. :)

Did you read what i wrote just two posts up from here?I learned scripting,i can do very long scripts now.I don't edit scripts now.I create them from the scratch.Why?How?I looked all the other commands,i learned their actions,etc,and now i'm using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back