The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
FireRed Pokémon Throwback (v170709 + Unofficial Updates): Kanto, Your Way

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old November 26th, 2012 (5:55 AM).
RichterSnipes's Avatar
RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
*pew pew pew*
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: USA
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 371
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Southueki View Post
    The hack is completely fulfilling it's job then! :D
    I've now been through every gym, going for E4 atm. I got the second fossil pokemon and the bulbasaur too!
    I'm wondering, the extras in the first post (bug catcher, route 10 pokecenter, ...) - you state them as significant in game. How so? In most of them I can't even identify the differences. Are they side-quests too in some way? What do you mean by significant?
    You're probably putting a bit too much thought into those. The images in the "Extras" spoiler tag are meant to showcase a few of the extra features as seen in the patch description. For example, notice how the player is facing that bug catcher before battling him in Viridian Forest. Seems correct, right?

    Well, that's how it should be. Those images should all feel either "right" or "convenient" in some sort of way. Your mention of the Route 10 image fulfills the latter duty. That particular pic is meant to show off the one-cut trees in the game. Note how all the trees are gone when the player flies back to Route 10 (presumably after cutting them previously). Trust me, these subtle differences can add up. :)
    __________________
    My hack:
    Reply With Quote
      #102    
    Old November 26th, 2012 (6:49 AM).
    Southueki's Avatar
    Southueki Southueki is offline
    Writer
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 200
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
      You're probably putting a bit too much thought into those. The images in the "Extras" spoiler tag are meant to showcase a few of the extra features as seen in the patch description. For example, notice how the player is facing that bug catcher before battling him in Viridian Forest. Seems correct, right?

      Well, that's how it should be. Those images should all feel either "right" or "convenient" in some sort of way. Your mention of the Route 10 image fulfills the latter duty. That particular pic is meant to show off the one-cut trees in the game. Note how all the trees are gone when the player flies back to Route 10 (presumably after cutting them previously). Trust me, these subtle differences can add up. :)
      Oh I see it now! That makes sense :D
      I was probably enjoying the side-quests so much I was inconsciously hoping and searching for more ahah

      Love the hack tho, congratulations! Fire red should have been made this way, kudos
      __________________
      «There is no life without love. None worth having, anyway.»
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old March 23rd, 2013 (10:03 PM).
      dkp dkp is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 17
        I found a very minor typo; Nidorina is misspelled as Nidorana, with an extra a. Trivial to correct, however, with any rom-level pokemon editor or even a hex editor (change C8 DD D8 E3 E6 E2 D5 E2 to C8 DD D8 E3 E6 DD D5 E2 ).

        Something else might be to search "S " (CD 00) and its variants in a hex editor, especially one like Goldfinger, to correct the remaining itemS like errors. It seems they follow certain variables, so in the code the message might be something like "You received n POINTERS" and the game is simply reusing the same message over and over as a space-saving, work-saving technique.

        This was very nice to play through; I really think you have a wonderful design philosophy. Great work on the audio, not too many seem up to the task of sound hacking.Thanks.
        __________________
        Hey! If you're a tool maker or you have a resource to contribute, but you're not up to trying to make a guide, I'll be happy to try and write one up for you if you want. All I need is a pm and the offsets.
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old April 2nd, 2013 (10:35 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by RichterSnipes.
        RichterSnipes's Avatar
        RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
        *pew pew pew*
           
          Join Date: Oct 2011
          Location: USA
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 371
          Hey again everyone! I'm here with a progress update. Or lack thereof, in this case. Since my last release I really haven't done much hacking to advance Throwback; real life has been getting in the way, especially at the present moment. It also doesn't help that my hacking computer is currently in for repairs...

          Regardless, I intend to return to this in the near future. I've got a friend who might be interested in learning how to get into scripting. If I do end up helping him out, I feel my desire to come back to this will only grow!

          I have a couple ideas as to what I want to do next, but they might be a bit expansive and require quite a deal of time commitment to finish. Rest assured, though, that whatever that next big step is, with it will come quality and pseudo-authenticity. I hope everyone who's tried the hack out so far has had fun!

          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dkp View Post
          I found a very minor typo; Nidorina is misspelled as Nidorana, with an extra a. Trivial to correct, however, with any rom-level pokemon editor or even a hex editor (change C8 DD D8 E3 E6 E2 D5 E2 to C8 DD D8 E3 E6 DD D5 E2 ).

          Something else might be to search "S " (CD 00) and its variants in a hex editor, especially one like Goldfinger, to correct the remaining itemS like errors. It seems they follow certain variables, so in the code the message might be something like "You received n POINTERS" and the game is simply reusing the same message over and over as a space-saving, work-saving technique.

          This was very nice to play through; I really think you have a wonderful design philosophy. Great work on the audio, not too many seem up to the task of sound hacking.Thanks.
          Thanks for the report! I was bound to miss a few things...but "Nidorana?" Wow, I feel like I've committed a crime against all things sacred in Pokémon. Also, I did crush as many of the "ItemS" instances as I could find. There's a chance that events involving multiples of the same item received at once have it hardcoded into the game. If other decapped hacks have that right, I'll check again. When I get back to the hack, this will be top priority.
          __________________
          My hack:
          Reply With Quote
            #105    
          Old April 4th, 2013 (8:17 PM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by RichterSnipes.
          RichterSnipes's Avatar
          RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
          *pew pew pew*
             
            Join Date: Oct 2011
            Location: USA
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 371
            I just got my laptop back! I figured that it wouldn't be worth it to have the thread fully brought back from the dead if I didn't have anything to show, so here is a little treat for everyone.

            First, a bug update. I've crushed a few annoying ones that I could get out of the way given my time constraints. Download it in the OP!

            Changelog:
            Spoiler:
            Catch 'em All:
            • Wild Sunkern now have a 5% chance of holding a Sun Stone.
            Extras:
            • You can now use the Bicycle all throughout Mt. Moon.
            Decapitalization:
            • "Nidorana" has been wiped from existence, now replaced with "Nidorina" as it should be. Thanks to dkp for pointing this out!
            • An instance of "ChampionS" is now "Champions".
            ------------------------------------------------------------

            But, more importantly, a glimpse into the possible future:

            That's right, I started recoloring the GSC Pokémon sprites! I've chosen to start with Bulbasaur (Silver), Charmander (Crystal), and Squirtle (Gold/Crystal) for obvious reasons. But I only have these three guys done as of now. If I get around to completing the entire set for at least the Kanto Pokémon, I'll include them in a new patch option.

            Some things you may notice:
            1. Yes, I'm foregoing my own interpretation of the 1st Gen sprites. As captnotatroll's work should prove, they don't exactly translate into modern day well. Even if they were given the most perfect of makeovers, they would still stick out like a sore thumb. And yes, I'm aware that the Yellow sprites are much better than those. I find they still don't have quite the draw quality that the later games exhibit.
            2. The upgraded sprites have a few changes made to their design to accomodate for more color options, particularly with eyes and shading.
            3. The shading style is taken from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, as they are the last games in the series to fully embrace the original sprite style. Later games go for an immediate cartoon look, foregoing gradient shades for singular tones.
            Also, the palettes are the ones from R/S/E. This is because they match the original artwork better and make it easier to port the R/S/E backsprites, which I intend to do as well. If you guys generally prefer the FR/LG palettes more, I'll change the colors back. Or just include options for both of them!

            Any thoughts you have on the sprites? Perhaps opinions of your own conflicting with mine? I'm all ears!
            __________________
            My hack:
            Reply With Quote
              #106    
            Old July 7th, 2013 (5:09 AM).
            adipasa's Avatar
            adipasa adipasa is offline
            Amateur Hacker
               
              Join Date: Sep 2009
              Location: Indonesia
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 61
              ummm bro,,,can i use ur ow ?? :D
              __________________
              Pokemon Aqua Blue v1.0 coming soon....

              ...........
              ...................__
              ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
              ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
              ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
              .........\.................'...../
              ..........''...\.......... _.·´
              ............\..............(
              BROFIST ...............\
              Reply With Quote
                #107    
              Old August 7th, 2013 (7:54 PM).
              RichterSnipes's Avatar
              RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
              *pew pew pew*
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2011
                Location: USA
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 371
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by adipasa View Post
                ummm bro,,,can i use ur ow ?? :D
                I don't see why not! Just make sure that you give me credit for them.

                Be aware that I had to slightly alter the OW palette to fit in a new black over a blue.

                My apologies for the late reply, real life can take people away from projects such as this. Out of curiosity, does anyone really care about adding those retro Kanto Pokémon sprites? I'm starting to find the effort to be a bit wasteful and fruitless.
                __________________
                My hack:
                Reply With Quote
                  #108    
                Old August 11th, 2013 (1:16 AM).
                sgaj2099 sgaj2099 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 2
                  Where can I download this at I want to play this please help
                  Reply With Quote
                    #109    
                  Old August 11th, 2013 (9:08 AM). Edited August 11th, 2013 by TRIFORCE89.
                  TRIFORCE89's Avatar
                  TRIFORCE89 TRIFORCE89 is offline
                  Guide of Darkness
                   
                  Join Date: May 2004
                  Location: Temple of Light
                  Age: 29
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 8,128
                  I've been playing through this. Almost done. Currently prepping for the Round 2 Elite Four battle. Overall, big thumbs up. It feels very professional. The new events feel like they're supposed to be there or that they were always there. The location placement for Pokemon feels correct. The GB Player adds a terrific level of nostalgia. This is now my preferred version of playing this game - be it Gen I or Gen III. This hack is definitive.

                  With that said, I do have a few questions and suggestions.

                  1) Where is the map mentioned in the first post for Pokemon that evolve through trade? I haven't been able to locate it. To compensate... I cheated a bit and used a save editor and pretended to execute in-game trades where appropriate based on the Yellow and Japanese Blue versions. If that map isn't there, maybe you can add these trades into the game itself instead?
                  From Yellow: Ricky the Machoke/Machamp on Route 5
                  From Japanese Blue: Spectre the Haunter/Gengar in Cerulean City, and Terra the Graveler/Golem on Cinnabar Island
                  Still lacking an Alakazam though...

                  2) A couple of times I encountered broken items. Once a ???? in my bag, and once in my PC. Also "?35" Antidotes in my PC. Not sure though if this was related to the hack itself, or more the save editing mentioned above to get those traded Pokemon.

                  3) Responding to the Mew and Celebi poll above... maybe Mew would fit in Celadon Mansion? If the events from other games can't be added.

                  4) Probably too much effort to accomplish something so petty, but any chance of having the GB Player be in stereo for the Kanto music? It is for the Johto music, which is good. And Yellow had three different stereo modes that you could use for inspiration (my preferences is Stereo1)

                  5) Is there an event for the other Hitmon you don't select that I haven't uncovered yet? Or do we just evolve a Tyrogue?

                  6) I encountered a Raikou on the map in Altering Cave. It just roared. The screen flashed black and then it was gone from the map. No battle. Is that correct?

                  Overall though, this was really well done and impressive.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #110    
                  Old August 11th, 2013 (11:09 AM). Edited August 11th, 2013 by RichterSnipes.
                  RichterSnipes's Avatar
                  RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                  *pew pew pew*
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2011
                    Location: USA
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 371
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sgaj2099 View Post
                    Where can I download this at I want to play this please help
                    The download link is the first line under the bolded and underlined word "Download":

                    "Try out the hack and its assorted options right now!"

                    The website seems to like making the hyperlink text the same color as everything else, so I might change it to something a bit more obvious.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
                    I've been playing through this. Almost done. Currently prepping for the Round 2 Elite Four battle. Overall, big thumbs up. It feels very professional. The new events feel like they're supposed to be there or that they were always there. The location placement for Pokemon feels correct. The GB Player adds a terrific level of nostalgia. This is now my preferred version of playing this game - be it Gen I or Gen III. This hack is definitive.

                    With that said, I do have a few questions and suggestions.

                    1) Where is the map mentioned in the first post for Pokemon that evolve through trade? I haven't been able to locate it. To compensate... I cheated a bit and used a save editor and pretended to execute in-game trades where appropriate based on the Yellow and Japanese Blue versions. If that map isn't there, maybe you can add these trades into the game itself instead?
                    From Yellow: Ricky the Machoke/Machamp on Route 5
                    From Japanese Blue: Spectre the Haunter/Gengar in Cerulean City, and Terra the Graveler/Golem on Cinnabar Island
                    Still lacking an Alakazam though...
                    Oh boy...it's been so long I've forgotten about this. The final evolutions are currently catchable on a single map in the game (or evolvable through trade). From looking at their indicated areas in the Pokédex, these are where they are:

                    Spoiler:
                    Alakazam - Cerulean Cave, the maze room
                    Machamp- Mt. Ember, the second room from the regular entrance
                    Golem - Cerulean Cave, via Rock Smash in the room with Mewtwo
                    Gengar - Pokémon Tower, the final floor
                    Politoed - Ruin Valley, via fishing with the Super Rod
                    Slowking - Outcast Island, via surfing
                    Steelix - Sevault Canyon
                    Scizor - Pattern Bush
                    Kingdra - Tanoby Ruins, via fishing with the Super Rod
                    Porygon2 - Ruin Valley


                    Note that the rarity of these Pokémon is high, so you'll need to search a bit. That, or just fast-forward in your emulator! Otherwise, they're still evolvable through trade.

                    I didn't want to break canon with the official Pokémon games, so they all still evolve the same way. I always intended to add a method that simulated the post-trading process into the game, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the know-how to do that right now.

                    Quote:
                    2) A couple of times I encountered broken items. Once a ???? in my bag, and once in my PC. Also "?35" Antidotes in my PC. Not sure though if this was related to the hack itself, or more the save editing mentioned above to get those traded Pokemon.
                    Could you tell me when and where these occurrences happen? To be honest, I haven't "properly" tested the entire game for bugs like these (that would take weeks on end to do considering every possible thing you can do in the game).

                    What you're describing does sound like what happened one time when I used an Action Replay to edit my save game. I'm not saying it was your save editing, but...



                    Or not. If so, that's more on me for not including a locations list before.

                    Quote:
                    3) Responding to the Mew and Celebi poll above... maybe Mew would fit in Celadon Mansion? If the events from other games can't be added.
                    I still intend to put Faraway Island into the game for Mew. Depending on how determined/creative I feel, I might resort to that Pokédex check in Celadon Mansion for Celebi. If not, I actually wanted to try something a bit more ambitious.

                    Quote:
                    4) Probably too much effort to accomplish something so petty, but any chance of having the GB Player be in stereo for the Kanto music? It is for the Johto music, which is good. And Yellow had three different stereo modes that you could use for inspiration (my preferences is Stereo1)
                    I wasn't aware that Yellow had stereo sound! The entire time I was basing things off of Red and neglected to check that game's deeper features out. I'll take a look at the different stereo options in Yellow and see which is best overall.

                    EDIT: Upon checking myself, it seems that "Earphone1" is indeed the best of the three options. Good ears!

                    And no, adding stereo sound is certainly not petty! It's a huge leap from what's already there, so it's entirely welcome in the hack.

                    Quote:
                    5) Is there an event for the other Hitmon you don't select that I haven't uncovered yet? Or do we just evolve a Tyrogue?
                    Evolve a Tyrogue. You can always try to control what it'll evolve into with EV training!

                    Quote:
                    6) I encountered a Raikou on the map in Altering Cave. It just roared. The screen flashed black and then it was gone from the map. No battle. Is that correct?

                    Overall though, this was really well done and impressive.
                    Raikou, along with the other two legendary beasts, disappear to another location within the Sevii Isles. The locations are a bit obvious, so it shouldn't take too long to locate each one. Once you interact with them in the new area, you'll be able to battle them.
                    __________________
                    My hack:
                    Reply With Quote
                      #111    
                    Old August 11th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
                    TRIFORCE89's Avatar
                    TRIFORCE89 TRIFORCE89 is offline
                    Guide of Darkness
                     
                    Join Date: May 2004
                    Location: Temple of Light
                    Age: 29
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 8,128
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
                    Oh boy...it's been so long I've forgotten about this. The final evolutions are currently catchable on a single map in the game (or evolvable through trade). From looking at their indicated areas in the Pokédex, these are where they are:

                    Spoiler:
                    Alakazam - Cerulean Cave, the maze room
                    Machamp- Mt. Ember, the second room from the regular entrance
                    Golem - Cerulean Cave, via Rock Smash in the room with Mewtwo
                    Gengar - Pokémon Tower, the final floor
                    Politoed - Ruin Valley, via fishing with the Super Rod
                    Slowking - Outcast Island, via surfing
                    Steelix - Sevault Canyon
                    Scizor - Pattern Bush
                    Kingdra - Tanoby Ruins, via fishing with the Super Rod
                    Porygon2 - Ruin Valley


                    Note that the rarity of these Pokémon is high, so you'll need to search a bit. That, or just fast-forward in your emulator! Otherwise, they're still evolvable through trade.

                    I didn't want to break canon with the official Pokémon games, so they all still evolve the same way. I always intended to add a method that simulated the post-trading process into the game, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the know-how to do that right now.
                    I encountered some of those Johto ones, but I never made the connection that that's what the first post was referring too. lol I thought it meant there was a new area somewhere just with the trade evolutions. Good to know. Thanks.
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #112    
                    Old August 11th, 2013 (2:30 PM).
                    sgaj2099 sgaj2099 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      Thank you I already like the gb player man its so awesome
                      Reply With Quote
                        #113    
                      Old August 11th, 2013 (6:03 PM).
                      RichterSnipes's Avatar
                      RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                      *pew pew pew*
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2011
                        Location: USA
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 371
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by sgaj2099 View Post
                        Thank you I already like the gb player man its so awesome
                        If you haven't gotten too far yet, you may want to hold off for just a second!

                        ...

                        VERSION v3.3.3 NOW LIVE!

                        As it turns out, adding stereo support to the 8-Bit tracks the way Pokémon Yellow does it is a trivial process. And I had just enough free space after each track to get by! That plus a couple of new additions brought about by the community are featured here. Huge thanks to those responsible!

                        Changelog:
                        Spoiler:
                        GB Player:
                        • You can now blast your 8-Bit favorites in Stereo, added using Yellow's "Earphone1" setup.
                        • A slight error at the end of the title theme has been fixed.
                        Extras:
                        • Wade off wild Pokémon in style with Darthatron's BW2 Repel System.
                        • "Presents" now appears under the Game Freak logo, ported properly to v1.0 by diegoisawesome.

                        One last thanks to everyone who's checked out my hack! I'm happy to provide something that is bringing joy to others. :)
                        __________________
                        My hack:
                        Reply With Quote
                          #114    
                        Old August 12th, 2013 (5:32 PM).
                        TRIFORCE89's Avatar
                        TRIFORCE89 TRIFORCE89 is offline
                        Guide of Darkness
                         
                        Join Date: May 2004
                        Location: Temple of Light
                        Age: 29
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 8,128
                        Applied both of those new patches with no complications.

                        Love the new GB Player, sounds just like I had hoped.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #115    
                        Old August 30th, 2013 (2:19 PM).
                        Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2012
                          Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 1,082
                          Cant open ips with lunar ips this happens with 2 other hacks now... :(
                          Reply With Quote
                            #116    
                          Old September 8th, 2013 (1:35 AM).
                          RichterSnipes's Avatar
                          RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                          *pew pew pew*
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                            Location: USA
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 371
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                            Cant open ips with lunar ips this happens with 2 other hacks now... :(
                            If patched using the proper process, there should be no issues. What exact steps are you going through when applying the patch with Lunar IPS?
                            __________________
                            My hack:
                            Reply With Quote
                              #117    
                            Old September 8th, 2013 (10:15 AM).
                            Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2012
                              Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 1,082
                              Nvm i patch hacks with myboy emu everything works now...
                              Reply With Quote
                                #118    
                              Old September 9th, 2013 (7:00 PM).
                              RichterSnipes's Avatar
                              RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                              *pew pew pew*
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2011
                                Location: USA
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 371
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                Nvm i patch hacks with myboy emu everything works now...
                                Well that's good to hear. Since the emulator is doing the patching, I assume it was just a naming problem? Regardless, nice to see you sorted that out!
                                __________________
                                My hack:
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #119    
                                Old September 19th, 2013 (5:00 AM).
                                Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                                Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                                Exploring the world of Kalos!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 33
                                  Hi there, RichterSnipes! I was just wondering; since you said, um, this:

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
                                  Heck, if anyone wants to further polish the game into the flawless gem it deserves to be or use some form of it as a base for FireRed extensions, that's OK by me, too!
                                  I was just wondering if I could use your GB Player and Extras patch for my own hack, also an attempt of a FireRed re-remake (whaaat) sort of thing. Would it be alright? :( :)
                                  __________________


                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #120    
                                  Old September 20th, 2013 (4:28 PM).
                                  RichterSnipes's Avatar
                                  RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                                  *pew pew pew*
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2011
                                    Location: USA
                                    Age: 25
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Modest
                                    Posts: 371
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
                                    Hi there, RichterSnipes! I was just wondering; since you said, um, this:

                                    *OP excerpt*

                                    I was just wondering if I could use your GB Player and Extras patch for my own hack, also an attempt of a FireRed re-remake (whaaat) sort of thing. Would it be alright? :( :)
                                    Sure, go ahead! As long as you give proper credit, I don't object to whatever you may wish to do with any part of my hack.
                                    __________________
                                    My hack:
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #121    
                                    Old September 21st, 2013 (12:27 AM).
                                    Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                                    Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                                    Exploring the world of Kalos!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 33
                                      Wow, that's really cool! Thanks a lot! :)
                                      __________________


                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #122    
                                      Old September 21st, 2013 (3:51 PM).
                                      RichterSnipes's Avatar
                                      RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                                      *pew pew pew*
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2011
                                        Location: USA
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 371
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
                                        Wow, that's really cool! Thanks a lot! :)
                                        No problem! Don't be afraid to PM me if you need any help on applying it to your hack the way you'd like.
                                        __________________
                                        My hack:
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #123    
                                        Old September 22nd, 2013 (6:36 AM).
                                        Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                                        Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                                        Exploring the world of Kalos!
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 33
                                          Um, there are some things I'd like help for.

                                          First, is this compatible with gogojjtech's HGSS Music Patch? If so, how do I apply it?

                                          Second, no offense, but I want to re-reverse engineer (wat) the Cut system you implemented. :) Is that possible? :O

                                          Thanks and more power. ;)
                                          __________________


                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #124    
                                          Old September 22nd, 2013 (10:55 AM).
                                          RichterSnipes's Avatar
                                          RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                                          *pew pew pew*
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                                            Location: USA
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Modest
                                            Posts: 371
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
                                            Um, there are some things I'd like help for.

                                            First, is this compatible with gogojjtech's HGSS Music Patch? If so, how do I apply it?

                                            Second, no offense, but I want to re-reverse engineer (wat) the Cut system you implemented. :) Is that possible? :O

                                            Thanks and more power. ;)
                                            I read that thread, and your replies in it, just minutes after I made my last reply, so I kind of figured this was where this was going. ;)

                                            I'll send a PM for the first part. As for the latter question, you'd just be "reverse-engineering" my tree-cut procedure. You can find it tacked on at the beginning of each tree's event data in AdvanceMap 1.92. Note that you'd have to apply it to every tree in the game since you'd be assigning each tree its own flag.
                                            __________________
                                            My hack:
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #125    
                                            Old September 26th, 2013 (4:45 AM).
                                            Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                                            Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                                            Exploring the world of Kalos!
                                               
                                              Join Date: Aug 2013
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 33
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
                                              I read that thread, and your replies in it, just minutes after I made my last reply, so I kind of figured this was where this was going. ;)

                                              I'll send a PM for the first part. As for the latter question, you'd just be "reverse-engineering" my tree-cut procedure. You can find it tacked on at the beginning of each tree's event data in AdvanceMap 1.92. Note that you'd have to apply it to every tree in the game since you'd be assigning each tree its own flag.
                                              Oh, okay. I'll definitely be using this patch for my hack. By the way, I suggest we talk about all the music-related stuff (should you want to participate) back in gogojjtech's thread. Thanks again!
                                              __________________


                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:37 PM.