• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen One thing from the future.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokemon that follow you in the overworld I loved it in yellow and I loved it in HH/SS

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would add secret bases. It was fun to have your own hideout and be able to make it look the way you want it to. Underground tunnels could work, too, since the feature is identical. If I'm unable to add any of that, then I would make TMs stay in your bag forever just like in Black and White, because it allows us to teach the same move to as many Pokémon as we wish.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, there is so much :x A bigger bag or different compartments like the newer games have.

OR day/night system. Because it's so much nicer.

OR genders. But it's not necessary, come to think of it.

My biggest problem with gen I was the limited bag space, haha. No wait, actually. The ability to see what move was in a TM without having to boot it up. I used to make manual lists for that ;;

Okay, conclusively: I can't decide.

Years
Among all the things I would do, the top things I would do include Running Shoes, registered key items, and held Pokémon items.

Years
I definitely would have to go with bag pockets, or just the ability to carry more items. It became really frustrating once it was full, and you didn't want to sell anything, and if I put things in the PC, I always forgot about them :/

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
More bag space please! Having to throw away things that could be useful in the long run is just a huge waste imo. Let us have all the bag space we want! Running shoes is not really required as the walking speed for the first gen is decent enough.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I don't see the need for running shoes when the region is small and you move so quickly...

I would like to see rebattling gym leaders or a Hoenn-style battle frontier.

Pínk1

..?
Years
I love practically everything about the games, but my one qualm would have to be Psychic's dominance on the battlefield. If I could, I would implement Gen. 2's type chart in R/B/Y/G, just to balance things a little more.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
a hard mode probably. all the trainers including gary have REALLY bad pokemon teams and movesets, since competitive is non-existant back then

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
Hmm. It stands between Move Tutor, Shiny Pokemon and Held Items.

I can live without berries (if there's enough hidden items).

Years
Saying this is going to sound kind of generic... but the Running Shoes. After playing games with them, RBGY just feel really, really slow.

Back