• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
I almost made a whole thread for this, but I don't think it's necessary.

Today marks one year that I have been a mod here and I just want to thank everyone that has put in any kind of effort on this forum over the past year. Give yourselves a pat on the back because if you weren't here, well, I wouldn't have a section to moderate :P I hope you've enjoyed the past year and hopefully I can improve and make things here even better in year two!

I haven't been here long enough to compare you to previous moderators but I do know that out of all the forums I've been to, you're certainly one of the most active, interactive and fun moderators around! Congratulations on your modversary! Here's to many more years to come!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Since there are no more suggestion on the event, I'll make a thread for it soon. Thanks to everyone who shared their suggestions, please expect good news soon!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
That is something that should probably be in place also featured club should have a featured button in front of it as does everything that is featured in the member encyclopedia and other forums. I mean it is the featured club so....thatd make sense haha

Edit: This should be discussed right?

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
still can't seem to get activity. my club's probably gonna die at this rate.

Try promoting it woth the help of Social Media, check the thread called What's The Buzz? from community support.

Try to decorate your club, a club with great CSS template lures people.

Don't be shy to invite your PC friends to join your club, but not in a spammy way.

Try to include the Rock-type Club in your signature as a main focus, but of course it has to be eye catching and you should let people know what's in it for them. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Try promoting it woth the help of Social Media, check the thread called What's The Buzz? from community support.

Try to decorate your club, a club with great CSS template lures people.

Don't be shy to invite your PC friends to join your club, but not in a spammy way.

Try to include the Rock-type Club in your signature as a main focus, but of course it has to be eye catching and you should let people know what's in it for them. :)

I'm a n00b at decorating clubs/signatures (I really suck at this) and something makes me think asking people to join a club is like sub4sub.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Keep being active in your group and while things my seem slow it should pick up. Just don't expect it to happen over night. Just keep trying though. :D

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Keep being active in your group and while things my seem slow it should pick up. Just don't expect it to happen over night. Just keep trying though. :D

it's been 3 months tbh, and I got 43 posts which is kinda low. also, the guy who posted with regularity in my club left PC, so my club's fate is really unclear.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm a n00b at decorating clubs/signatures (I really suck at this) and something makes me think asking people to join a club is like sub4sub.

Geez, who was the one who didn't response when I offered help on decorating his club. ~_~ I'll ask again, would you like me to create template for your club? Don't be ashamed to seek and accept helps -- you're in a community: PokéCommunity. Where people help out each other. :) *pats your shoulder*

I know it sounds a bit desperate. But there are 2 optuons for you: Try your best to recruit members or just leave it till time out.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
it's been 3 months tbh, and I got 43 posts which is kinda low. also, the guy who posted with regularity in my club left PC, so my club's fate is really unclear.

Don't let one person make or break you. You could always ask your club what they want to see more. Could always do mini battles or art things. Don't always have to be talking.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Put it in Wrestling term, Shawn didn't give up. He just Sweet Chin Music his way to the top. I seen Cena on your Profile. Cena's code Never Give Up

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Geez, who was the one who didn't response when I offered help on decorating his club.
19.%20confused.gif
I'll ask again, would you like me to create template for your club?
Don't be ashamed to seek and accept helps -- you're in a community: PokéCommunity. Where people help out each other.
1.%20smile.gif
*pats your shoulder*

I know it sounds a bit desperate. But there are 2 optuons for you: Try your best to recruit members or just leave it till time out.

umm when did you ask me to do that? I'd agree tbh.

Put it in Wrestling term, Shawn didn't give up. He just Sweet Chin Music his way to the top. I seen Cena on your Profile. Cena's code Never Give Up

I am normally a person who doesn't give up easily, but I feel this case is justified. Either I'm not well-suited to the job of being a club leader or people just have a bias against rock-types. It's probably a mix of both tbh, as I learned I lack some of the qualities that make a top club, but I still think 43 posts is rather low for a club that has been founded on July 10th.

And Cena kinda sucks imo. It's just that I love how the announcer shouts his name.

Reactions: Sun

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
I am normally a person who doesn't give up easily, but I feel this case is justified. Either I'm not well-suited to the job of being a club leader or people just have a bias against rock-types. It's probably a mix of both tbh, as I learned I lack some of the qualities that make a top club, but I still think 43 posts is rather low for a club that has been founded on July 10th.

And Cena kinda sucks imo. It's just that I love how the announcer shouts his name.
Takes time, work to build. I know this from the times I ran groups on wrestling forums. Like Sun said, you can get help. All you gotta do is ask :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Honestly the op doesnt usually matter as much its more about where people can find the link to the club to know that its there which means keeping the club active and at the top of the section sometimes

- Aim for featured club so that activity can be bumped up
- Put a link in your sig with css (this could be done for you by someone ex. me or someone else better at css so that your sig is more pleasing to look at and more people will click the link.
- Create userbars for your members if possible
- Befriend other rock type lovers so that they may join your club
- Advertise it on the PC Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ since they opened up requests for this it is very helpful for drawing attention to threads which can get you an additional 300-400 views and possible members
- Create interesting topics, host an event, POTW, draws members in alot
- Be friendly, positive, and inviting, as the owner you have to portray your club in a positive member so your actions can and will reflect the type of club you own and how its run.
- Remind members theyre in your club, if people are in your club and no longer active in it but are still on PC you can always start a little conversation about how they are and maybe be-friend them in the process but the point would be to subtly remind them HEY I GOT A CLUB YOUR A MEMBER WANNA ANSWER THE TOPIC, or something along those lines haha
- Quote Notes, Yep Quote Notes people are always notified when quoted so it helps alot to have them feel the urge to see what you quoted and how they responded, sometimes you can just quote the member to get them to know a new topic is up kinda like Lycan does with Pokemon Choice Quest.
- Make members feel important, make their posts count towards something and give them a reason to continue to post otherwise you have a very limited audience.
- Know when to quit; this is honestly something you do need to know some types just arent appealing hence why we dont have a club for them such as steel when i owned that club it was slow and such but still living due to my efforts i still question why i closed it but i was busy at the time and only had time for one club, if activity seems like it will never get busy you might wanna end on a topic and give members a chance to respond to it, if they do its worth keeping open, if they dont you can let the club die or avenge it and try again

Anyways just some suggestions i do not think however a colorful OP will do a lot in the long run i got my css made after 1 year of running my club and it really made no difference whatsoever but just give the club alittle time follow some of my tips and others and if the thread dies it dies. :)

Years
Dedenne's post is loads of important tricks you need to learn to running a successful club. It's something you can't really achieve overnight, you have to put tons of effort into promotion, organizing events, creating topics and the like.

As fellow club owners around this section, we know it's never easy to get a club off the ground but if you keep time dedicated you will hopefully get new members joining in quick time. Also, submitting clubs for promotion on our social media sites can also help here so definitely consider that.

And if you ever have any questions, we're always happy to assist you when needed.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm with all these comments. :) Just look at Ketsu, who opened his club for less than a month. His club is quite active and loved by his members! Not to mention his club even won the Club of The Month, despite being a relatively new club.

Note that I'm not comparing you two or saying one's better than the another.

Vodka, we'll try to help you. I'll PM you once I'm done with the CSS template for your club. I'm a bit busy with rom hacking and events lately, but bear with me. ;)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Just letting you all know that I'm on a break until the first week of November as I'm moving in to a new apartment on the 1st and have a lot going on up until then!

Back