• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever attended Worlds?

Years
Have you ever attended Worlds as a competitor or spectator? How did you fair? What was the experience like? How much did you drool at the sight of the Pokémon Center?! :)

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
I attended in 2011 and made it to the semifinals of LCQs. I lost to the dumbest thing ever, I didn't think a -1 Tornadus with an Acrobatics Flying Gem could kill a 252 HP Scrafty. And I had Protect. Oops.

The Pokemon store was ok, the line was long and most of the cool things were sold out. It only sold Worlds-specific merch so I got a T-shirt and a binder.

Years
No. D: I've never really even seen any streams. Thinking of changing that this year, as a huge Pokémon fan I want to experience as much of this as I can.

Years
I attended in 2011 and made it to the semifinals of LCQs. I lost to the dumbest thing ever, I didn't think a -1 Tornadus with an Acrobatics Flying Gem could kill a 252 HP Scrafty. And I had Protect. Oops.

The Pokemon store was ok, the line was long and most of the cool things were sold out. It only sold Worlds-specific merch so I got a T-shirt and a binder.

Oh wow that's amazing to get that far! Was it nerve wracking knowing you were playing at Worlds?

No. D: I've never really even seen any streams. Thinking of changing that this year, as a huge Pokémon fan I want to experience as much of this as I can.

It's only the last year or two really where they've up'd their game streaming wise and made it really interesting and enjoyable to watch. Hope this year will be a good one and you can enjoy it!

I've never managed to make it to Worlds as either a spectator or as a participant. I eventually would like to change that, however.

It sure would be an amazing experience! Fingers crossed!

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
I wasn't technically a competitor since it was LCQs (last chance qualifiers). If you win LCQs, then you get to become a full competitor at Worlds; although I think they got rid of Worlds LCQs when they revamped the CP system and gave Japan proper qualifiers. I was more bummed out that I was so close to being a competitor and missed my chance because of a small mistake. Oh well, I had fun otherwise, I got Junichi Masuda to autograph my copy of Pokemon Blue :)

Back