• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2011

I know, that's what i answer..
Just make another give Pokemon script then for the prof.
Just a new script like the one you script for your dad.
Ok thanks I was guessing something like that but I wanted to make sure because a lot of times in the past I just assumed things like that and I ended up have to restart my whole hack.P.S What is zigzagoon's ID in pokemon Ruby?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2011
IDs are such a pain in the neck.Does anyone know a list of pokemon IDs in Ruby?Because everything else about the givepokemon scripts are really easy but I forget how to find out the IDs of pokemon.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
IDs are such a pain in the neck.Does anyone know a list of pokemon IDs in Ruby?Because everything else about the givepokemon scripts are really easy but I forget how to find out the IDs of pokemon.

Get the national number of the pokemon and convert it to hex.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
A working PokeTronic for Emerald!

Hey,
The last few days, I have been looking for a "tool", that can create new events for the game Emerald.
More specific: a tool that can create new battles (such as when you normally meet legendary pokemon) and together with AdvanceMap can create people/sprites that can "give" pokemon.

A tool like: PokeTronic!
The thing is just. - The only version I have been able to access (version: 0.7) doesn't work for Emerald!!!

Now all I'm asking is. - Does anyone know where I can find an upgraded version of this tool that works for Emerald?
Perhaps give a link (that's not outdated!!!)
Or upload a RAR file containing such a tool?

It doesn't exactly have to be PokeTronic. - Just a tool that can create legendary pokemon battles for the Emerald version.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Hey,
The last few days, I have been looking for a "tool", that can create new events for the game Emerald.
More specific: a tool that can create new battles (such as when you normally meet legendary pokemon) and together with AdvanceMap can create people/sprites that can "give" pokemon.

A tool like: PokeTronic!
The thing is just. - The only version I have been able to access (version: 0.7) doesn't work for Emerald!!!

Now all I'm asking is. - Does anyone know where I can find an upgraded version of this tool that works for Emerald?
Perhaps give a link (that's not outdated!!!)
Or upload a RAR file containing such a tool?

It doesn't exactly have to be PokeTronic. - Just a tool that can create legendary pokemon battles for the Emerald version.
I am pretty sure there is not a tool that "creates" legendary scripts. You would have to create them manually using flags and wildbattles.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
I am pretty sure there is not a tool that "creates" legendary scripts. You would have to create them manually using flags and wildbattles.

Hmm .. perhaps I wasen't that clear, considering my last post ...

Anyway. What I want to create is "custom legendary pokemon" in Emerald.
It works like this: With AdvanceMap you can pick a sprite and place it a random place in the game.
Then combined with PokeTronic and FSF (Free Space Finder), you can make this sprite be a said pokemon, that upon talked to -> will fight you (like when normally finding e.g. Zapdos in Leaf Green/Fire Red).

This is what I want to create in Emerald.
Thing is just, the PokeTronic I've got is version 0.7 and doesn't work for the Emerald game.
Yet I can't seem to find a link to a place where I can get an upgraded version of this program (or any other program that does the same as PokeTronic).

All I can find is outdated links, removed websites and so on.
So I'm asking here ... Does anyone have/know a link (that's not outdated) to where I can perhaps get such a program which works for Emerald?
Or perhaps have the program and could upload it somewhere for me? :)

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Hmm .. perhaps I wasen't that clear, considering my last post ...

Anyway. What I want to create is "custom legendary pokemon" in Emerald.
It works like this: With AdvanceMap you can pick a sprite and place it a random place in the game.
Then combined with PokeTronic and FSF (Free Space Finder), you can make this sprite be a said pokemon, that upon talked to -> will fight you (like when normally finding e.g. Zapdos in Leaf Green/Fire Red).

This is what I want to create in Emerald.
Thing is just, the PokeTronic I've got is version 0.7 and doesn't work for the Emerald game.
Yet I can't seem to find a link to a place where I can get an upgraded version of this program (or any other program that does the same as PokeTronic).

All I can find is outdated links, removed websites and so on.
So I'm asking here ... Does anyone have/know a link (that's not outdated) to where I can perhaps get such a program which works for Emerald?
Or perhaps have the program and could upload it somewhere for me? :)

I have never heard of PokeTronic (except from the EliteMap toolkit IIRC).

I am guessing it is a script editor, and since it hasn't been updated you are better off using XSE, an easier one, which is compatible with all games.

And try this script:

#dynamic 0x800827

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x17F 0x0
wildbattle 0x17F 0x32 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= GROUDON: Raaarrgghh!

The things you change are the 0x17F in both cry and wildbattle which change, the cry and Pokemon you will hear/battle.
Also, the 0x32 in wildbattle is the level of the Pokemon.
0x0 would be the item in hex, but if it has no item it is 0x0.
Hidesprite is the sprite number on the overworld,
You have to set a flag which is the sprite's Person ID in AM.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

If you're using XSE to script, you can type:
#include stditems.rbh
as the beginning of your scripts if you extracted such file.

Then you don't really have to worry about the pokémon id because when you import that file, you can just use PKMN_[pokémon's name] when you need a Pokémon'd id.

For example, if I wanted a Pikachu, instead of typing:
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

I could type:
givepokemon PKMN_PIKACHU 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

That should make it a lot easier. :3

Years
Hey guys I am trying to import some tiles into fire red (specifically the unshadowed normal tree from here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130755) into pallete 0 (green) but I get this (this is after saving and realoading the ROM):

9bklmt.png

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Your palette can only have 16 colours. Re-colour the new tiles with ones currently in the palette, or re-colour the whole palette.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
then how do other people use these tiles?
Contrary to Complans suggestion, some people recolor the entire pallette to match the new tiles. That way you could use the old, albeit recolored, tiles and the new ones. Although I don't think that the standard Fire Red tiles would look good in Kyleove's pallette, but hey that's just one man's opinion.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just leave it the way it is.

This is a bad idea if you're creating new hidden items in which case it uses Hiddden ID 16 [Hidden ID's cannot be used multiple times]

The right answer is: a Hidden ID is a number (Hex of course) used to tell if a hidden item has already been found. Just put in a number that hasn't been used yet and you'll be fine. If you're planning on changing all of the hidden items you should start at 01 and work your way up. That way you have a mental count of how many hidden ID's you've used.

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
This is a bad idea if you're creating new hidden items in which case it uses Hiddden ID 16 [Hidden ID's cannot be used multiple times]

The right answer is: a Hidden ID is a number (Hex of course) used to tell if a hidden item has already been found. Just put in a number that hasn't been used yet and you'll be fine. If you're planning on changing all of the hidden items you should start at 01 and work your way up. That way you have a mental count of how many hidden ID's you've used.

I am going to create a new hidden item. So I should put in a random number? But if the number is already used, will I get a message or something or what? If not, how do I know which ID I can use? Do I have to count all of them in the rom or what hah

Last edited:

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I'm trying to edit Prof.Oak script so he can go get the playe from another location and make it smoothly but it is hard to read with all the pointers looking like offsets. Is there a way to stop this and is there also a way to get rid of the comments

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
A couple questions...

1. How would I go about inserting an animated overworld sprite into Emerald? It doesn't have to be animated, but it would be nice, as I want it took look like it's sparkling, since it's gold. I'd prefer to not download a million things as well.

2. I have looked EVERYWHERE for a scripting tutorial that covers how to change the introduction to the game (the part where the prof talks to you about pokemon, and then you start the game in the truck.) but haven't been able to find one.

A link to a decent tutorial would be fine, if it's gonna take a long time to explain.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back