• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Love the concept of the hack, and the title screen makes me want to play it even more! Keep up the good work!

I also notice that you did a strike-through of the profanity, does this mean it is no longer included? If so thank you, profanity never seems to fit into any Pokemon game.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Love the concept of the hack, and the title screen makes me want to play it even more! Keep up the good work!

I also notice that you did a strike-through of the profanity, does this mean it is no longer included? If so thank you, profanity never seems to fit into any Pokemon game.

Thank you and yes, I will still be using damn but that's the extent of it. The "f" word and others I've decided on not doing. Originally I was going to because you play as a sailor and sailors are known for cussing but I just scrapped that idea.

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
I follow a lot of games... But this is actually the first one that i'm really looking forward to play. It's a totally different story! Super original!

You had my curiosity but now you have my attention

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
What the hell? Y'all get internet while in training? Man, I knew I should have joined the Navy instead. Anyways good luck with your training, sailor. Oh yeah and I have a buddy with your MOS (rate?) or whatever you guys call it there, he loves it, can't get him to shut up about it.

The game looks great btw. I'm definatly going to be trying this one out.

Last edited:

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Oh this game looks super interesting and fun! I'm glad that I'm taking an NJROTC class this year so I'll be able to understand all of the navy stuff, well most of it anyways. I wish you and your team the best of luck in completing this.

Le pug

Years
Oh this game looks super interesting and fun! I'm glad that I'm taking an NJROTC class this year so I'll be able to understand all of the navy stuff, well most of it anyways. I wish you and your team the best of luck in completing this.

I definitely recommend doing it. Even though the Navy is chaotic with keeping a set schedule for almost everything, it's a great place to meet new people see places and get great money for comfy work lol. As the for hack, thanks for the wishes. I'm currently trying to fix some major problems with the hack (level scripts) which are causing much frustrations but hopefully I'll figure it out soon :P

Le pug

Years
Guess a little status update ... since I can't figure out that level script error to save my life I'm just going to work around it and come back later to it. Right now I'm working on the interior puzzle for Korowai Hall, which is the main building in Korowai Hill, also abandoned and has many holes in it. However, inside is a talisman fragment (more on that when you play the hack) and you need to get it. So throughout this abandoned building will be three levels all of which are almost completely dark. However like I said, there are many holes in from when roof and floor layers collapsed in on itself or from villagers of the town throwing stuff at it, etc. so you will have like light "checkpoints" where you will very briefly see yourself in the lit pockets of sunlight. Be careful on what you bump into in the dark... you could step on a Pokemon's tail... bad news right ... or maybe fall into a hole that isnt lit up? Nasty fall to the first level... or maybe a boot trap that was set up by the person that barricaded the doors allowing no one to enter? You'll have to wait and see!

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Hmm... that sorta sounds like a place ghost pokemon might live. All abandon and dark and spooky. Will any ghost type pokemon be found in that place?

Le pug

Years
Hmm... that sorta sounds like a place ghost pokemon might live. All abandon and dark and spooky. Will any ghost type pokemon be found in that place?

Most likely. I haven't chosen the list of pokemon yet but I'll maybe choose a ghost pokemon but mainly I'd want it to be like dark-type pokemon or something. Not sure yet. One of my favorite events I've planned out for the hack occurs inside the building though which I personally believe will make the hack that much more amazing but I can't really say much about it so yeah! Things are coming along nicely, I thought it'd be hard to do this building with it being almost completely dark and everything but things are coming out smoothly.

Any pokemon you were hoping to see in the building?

Was there an alpha released or not yet?

not yet i'll pm you when i have the release ready for testing. see the front page Download section for more info if you're wondering

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Most likely. I haven't chosen the list of pokemon yet but I'll maybe choose a ghost pokemon but mainly I'd want it to be like dark-type pokemon or something. Not sure yet. One of my favorite events I've planned out for the hack occurs inside the building though which I personally believe will make the hack that much more amazing but I can't really say much about it so yeah! Things are coming along nicely, I thought it'd be hard to do this building with it being almost completely dark and everything but things are coming out smoothly.

Any pokemon you were hoping to see in the building?
Hmm... Misdreavus would be cool or maybe murkrow

Le pug

Years
Hmm... Misdreavus would be cool or maybe murkrow

alright i'll implement those two. Murkrow I'll only put on the third level though so that way it makes a little more sense cus it's the closest to the roof openings so it can go in and out? lol

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You've certainly come a long way since the last time I looked at this thread! Looks like the mapping has really improved, with some very complementary tiles. The titlescreen also looks good.

I would love to see a video of some gameplay, just to ascertain how the scripting is going and how well the game flows.

Le pug

Years
You've certainly come a long way since the last time I looked at this thread! Looks like the mapping has really improved, with some very complementary tiles. The titlescreen also looks good.

I would love to see a video of some gameplay, just to ascertain how the scripting is going and how well the game flows.

Sure. This is a basic event in the world of Pokemon: Discovery!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
My god, I haven't been to this section in years. o.o

This looks awesome! o.o Not your typical "lol kid just got pokeymanz and gon stop evil team" plot. This is.... original.

I might just go out of my way to play this one.

Le pug

Years
My god, I haven't been to this section in years. o.o

This looks awesome! o.o Not your typical "lol kid just got pokeymanz and gon stop evil team" plot. This is.... original.

I might just go out of my way to play this one.

Thank you :D

Your words are kind and mean a lot.
Trying my best to make this as original and fun as possible. So far from my team I've heard nothing but praise on how awesome it's coming out to be!

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Wow. I'm really liking that lightning scene. This hack is looking awesome!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Wow. I'm really liking that lightning scene. This hack is looking awesome!
As Le Pug said, that is only a basic event compared to others that are implemented and are going to be implemented. The graphics and events this hack is going to have is going to be great

However, we aren't lacking in the story department. I will not spoil much but Team Renegade has a deep story in the hack, each area has a very detailed story to it, especially Berry City, some tie ins to the official pokemon games and so much more.

Back