• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare Beta 3 (*UPDATE v0.04*)

Years
Nightmare.png

Introduction.png

When I first discover Pokemon Game in the GBA, I've tried to play it and I really enjoy it much. I've became a Pokemon Fan that day. I'm watching every episodes of Pokemon Series up to Sun and Moon. Pokemon on GBA became boring when I've finished catching them all that's why I've discovered the ROM Hacks. I've played many ROM hacks and enjoyed it. Then I'd thinking to myself of what if If I'm the one to create a Pokemon Fan Game. So I've tried to create but I'm not too good at coding. Then I've discovered the Pokemon Fan Game in RPG Maker XP. I've play a lot of them and when I've tried to start a new fan game on it, it's very easy to make and Ruby coding is lot easier than in ROM Hacks. Pokemon Nightmare is my first fan game that I'm creating and so far, it is good while still in progress.

About the Game: Pokémon Nightmare is a fan-made game from RPG Maker XP. This game is not affiliated with Nintendo Pokemon Gamefreak. Experience the nightmare in this game although this is not really a horror story but has more fantasy.

Storyline.png

Spoiler:

Features.png

Spoiler:

Screenshots.png

Progress.png

Spoiler:

Future.png

Spoiler:

Credits.png

Spoiler:

Download.png

Additional.png

Note: This fangame is not affiliated with Pokemon Nintendo Gamefreak. Credits to them. This demo may be buggy but please help me to find some bugs so I will fix it immediately. If you find any, comment below or message it on my discord or send it via gmail. My Youtube channel will upload some walkthrough first before I share it in public. If ever I didn't mention someone in the credits, tell me immediately.

*I'm looking for Beta Testers for helping me search for bugs and Spriters that can do trainerxxx, trcharxxx and trainer back sprites

*UPDATE* Beta 3 (v 0.04)
What's New:
- Continuation from Lavender Town
- Added Celadon City
- Added Route 12
- Added Route 7 and 8
- Added Route 16
- Added Animated Title Screen
- Added New Pause Menu
- Added Fast Forward Button "V"
- Added Better Pokecenters

More info at:
Site - https://nightmarerevo.wixsite.com/pokemonnightmare
Also you may also add me on discord - Mark_Awesome#6061

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I just started playing and game looks good .
Btw how to get a mystery gift , if there is any and what is answer to questionnaire is pokemart?

Years
found a error (rival is female)- when you battle your rival after delivering oak's parcel , rival's name shows as yellow instead of name you give...

Years
you will find out the answer in the house near Bill's Cottage. Thanks for reporting it . I found out how the error occurs. The fix will be in the next beta soon.

Last edited:
Years
For those who encountered stuck in Route 2 after Viridian Forest, download the fix in downloadable fix spoiler inside download spoiler above.

Last edited:
Years
Oh! Thank you Mr. Pokemoner.com. I'll make sure my game will be complete soon. By the way, I love the title page you've made in pokemoner.com. :)

Last edited:
Years
Demo Beta 2 Fix Update (v0.03.1) is now available. Information about the tweaks, bugs and added new are in https://nightmarerevo.wixsite.com/pokemonnightmare/download

For those who encountered ghost like battle in team rocket in other world and saved in Vermilion City other world onwards, please return to the Vermilion City using the teleporter then return back again in Team Rocket trainer battles to eliminate the bug.

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Looking at the storyline, It feels like a creepypasta version of FireRed,
changes in the dialogues although some of them are the same except I've changed the creation of the sentences.
You could add more twist in the story there is no harm done in that, gives us an interesting story that can change the original.

Years
Looking at the storyline, It feels like a creepypasta version of FireRed,

You could add more twist in the story there is no harm done in that, gives us an interesting story that can change the original.

Hmm! Maybe my storyline paragraph here in this thread has lack of explanation about the game. It's not really a creepypasta. I'd make it really brief and summarized so the specific storylines are surprise. Maybe try to play the game if it is actually a creepypasta or I will change the storyline explanation here in this thread. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
I am encountering an error after your character's mother calls just before you enter viridian forest. It is giving this error. I have v0.03.1

Script 'interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occuerred.

Script error within event 15 (coords 14,11), map 93 (route 2):
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: unterminated string meets end of file
(eval):2: syntax error
***Full script:
pbPhoneRegisterNPC(3"Mom",33)
pbSetSelfSwitch(14,A",true)

Years
I am encountering an error after your character's mother calls just before you enter viridian forest. It is giving this error. I have v0.03.1

Script 'interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occuerred.

Script error within event 15 (coords 14,11), map 93 (route 2):
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: unterminated string meets end of file
(eval):2: syntax error
***Full script:
pbPhoneRegisterNPC(3"Mom",33)
pbSetSelfSwitch(14,A",true)

Hi! Thanks for reporting the crash. I reuploaded the v0.03.1. It's only a script typo error in pbSetSelfSwitch(14,A",true). The new uploaded v0.03.1 fixed this crash hopefully. If you found other bugs, feel free to comment here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
i found three more bugs. though one of these is a bit more annoying then the others since it seems random when it happens.

this one seems either random or is tied to certain tiles
i encountered this three times. twice in the viridian forest near the pokeball in the upper left hand corner near the entrance as well as the patch of grass also by the entrance. the third was in the pokemon museum in the other world after the floor with the bridge

Script 'MiscData' line 171: Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file or directory - Data/formspecies.dat

2nd bug chatcher in viridian forest

Script 'Interpreter' line 276 RuntimeError occured.

Script error within event 20 (coords 52,30), map 95 (viridian forest).
Exception: File MiscData:171:in `initalize'Data/formspecies.dat not
found
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(:BUGCATCHER,"Eddie",_l("I need to practice
more!"),false,0,false,0)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
MiscData:171:in `open'
MiscData:171:in `pbLoaderFromData'
PSystem_Utlites:852:in `pbGeFSpeciesFromFrom'
Pokemon_Forms:28:in `fSpecies'
PokemonBattle_Pokemon:848:in 'baseStats'
PokemonBattle_Pokemon:884:in 'calcStats'
Pokemon_Forms:18:in `form='
Pokemon_Forms:46:in `initalize'
PTrainer_NPCTrainer:49:in `new'

3rd bug chatcher in viridian forest

Script error within event 21 (coords 48,7), map 95 (viridian forest).
Exception: File MiscData:171:in `initalize'Data/formspecies.dat not
found
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(:BUGCATCHER,"Jose",_l("I need to practice
more!"),false,0,false,0)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
MiscData:171:in `open'
MiscData:171:in `pbLoaderFromData'
PSystem_Utlites:852:in `pbGeFSpeciesFromFrom'
Pokemon_Forms:28:in `fSpecies'
PokemonBattle_Pokemon:848:in 'baseStats'
PokemonBattle_Pokemon:884:in 'calcStats'
Pokemon_Forms:18:in `form='
Pokemon_Forms:46:in `initalize'
PTrainer_NPCTrainer:49:in `new'

Years
I reuploaded the file. The three crashes you've reported are the same.

It seems that compressed data and graphics folder into game.rgssad can't read dat files inside so I didn't create game.rgssad anymore.

i found three more bugs. though one of these is a bit more annoying then the others since it seems random when it happens.

this one seems either random or is tied to certain tiles
i encountered this three times. twice in the viridian forest near the pokeball in the upper left hand corner near the entrance as well as the patch of grass also by the entrance. the third was in the pokemon museum in the other world after the floor with the bridge

Script 'MiscData' line 171: Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file or directory - Data/formspecies.dat

This crash is occured only random because you will get an error only when you encountered pokemons with multiple forms. Pokemon forms data are stored in dat files so that is likely the error.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Okay, this is great!
can be a beta tester if you want...

Back