Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #601    
Old February 4th, 2017 (9:01 PM).
WingedDragon's Avatar
WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
Competitive Trainer
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Milwaukee, WI
    Age: 30
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 1,259
    Snow Warning Vulpix. Im running Timid. I cant get the attack IV down down to 0 but is it important to have my def and sp.def IVs at 31 even though its soo frail.
    __________________
    X- 2406 5987 8799
    PS3 - Mkeborn87
    IGN - Adrian

    Relevant Advertising!

      #602    
    Old February 5th, 2017 (12:05 PM).
    HardstyleRaver2's Avatar
    HardstyleRaver2 HardstyleRaver2 is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2016
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 141
      Can someone give me a good build for Kommo-o?
      __________________
      FC: 3325-5416-6215
        #603    
      Old February 5th, 2017 (2:14 PM).
      PlatinumDude's Avatar
      PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
      Nyeh?
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Canada
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 12,897
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by HardstyleRaver2 View Post
      Can someone give me a good build for Kommo-o?
      While Kommo-o can pull off a Dragon Dancing set, it faces plenty of competition from Charizard X, Zygarde, Salamence, and Dragonite. Of course, you can use it for style points alone:
      -Dragon Dance
      -Outrage
      -Sky Uppercut
      -Poison Jab
      Nature: Jolly/Adamant
      EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
      Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Poisonium Z

      or
      -Autotomize
      -Clanging Scales
      -Focus Blast
      -Poison Jab
      Nature: Rash
      EVs: 28 Atk/252 SAtk/228 Spe
      Item: Life Orb/Poisonium Z

      Poisonium Z is an option on both sets to let Kommo-o break past things like Clefable or Tapu Fini.
      __________________

        #604    
      Old February 10th, 2017 (6:37 AM).
      Radiating's Avatar
      Radiating Radiating is online now
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Silver Tier
      • Social Media
       
      Join Date: Feb 2017
      Location: Pokémon Tower
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 5,668
      I just got a contrary 6iv serperior (timid) and I'm wondering what set I should use for it. It's level 40 and I've already reset its ev's. I can't teach it dragon pulse as that is a transfer move. Anybody have some sets without dragon pulse?
      __________________
        #605    
      Old February 10th, 2017 (6:43 AM).
      Nah's Avatar
      Nah Nah is offline
      • Moderator
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Location: over there
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 11,646
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
      I just got a contrary 6iv serperior (timid) and I'm wondering what set I should use for it. It's level 40 and I've already reset its ev's. I can't teach it dragon pulse as that is a transfer move. Anybody have some sets without dragon pulse?
      Besides the obligatory Leaf Storm, other moves that get used on it are stuff like Substitute+Leech Seed, Glare, Taunt, Giga Drain, Hidden Power (assuming your's has a decent HP type anyway). I think that Knock Off was usable too but that's transfer-only now.
      __________________
      NAH

      "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

      D&D6th Gen
        #606    
      Old February 10th, 2017 (4:37 PM).
      Outlander's Avatar
      Outlander Outlander is offline
      Eternal Alliance Commander
         
        Join Date: Oct 2008
        Location: Music City
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 327
        I've always used this set on mine

        Serperior @ Leftovers
        Ability: Contrary
        EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
        Timid Nature
        - Substitute
        - Leech Seed
        - Leaf Storm
        - Hidden Power Fire

        Hidden Power Ground or Ice works too if yours isn't Fire, or you could always try Toxic or Taunt in the last slot too. Glare is another alternative option as well, but it's an egg move.
        __________________
          #607    
        Old March 2nd, 2017 (2:14 PM). Edited March 4th, 2017 by Angelroid.
        Angelroid's Avatar
        Angelroid Angelroid is offline
        Sun X
           
          Join Date: Jun 2007
          Location: Canada
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 364
          Decidueye
          Lycanroc
          Alolan Muk
          Clefable
          Golisopod
          Chansey

          I need move sets, 3 are OU mon's.
            #608    
          Old March 4th, 2017 (2:27 PM).
          Smash Brony's Avatar
          Smash Brony Smash Brony is offline
          Cool Dude
             
            Join Date: Oct 2016
            Location: Ponyville
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 74
            What are some of Mega Slowbro's more popular sets & if Passmian & Alolan Muk already received an ability via Receiver/Power of Alchemy then either used U-Turn or just switched out, will their original abilities reset?
              #609    
            Old March 4th, 2017 (8:26 PM).
            PlatinumDude's Avatar
            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
            Nyeh?
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Canada
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 12,897
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Smash Brony View Post
            What are some of Mega Slowbro's more popular sets & if Passmian & Alolan Muk already received an ability via Receiver/Power of Alchemy then either used U-Turn or just switched out, will their original abilities reset?
            Slowbro is one of those Pokemon that can delay its Mega Evolution to take advantage of its base form's ability:
            -Calm Mind
            -Scald
            -Psyshock/Iron Defense
            -Slack Off
            Nature: Bold
            EVs: 248 HP/80 Def/180 SDef
            Item: Slowbronite
            Ability: Regenerator
            __________________

              #610    
            Old March 5th, 2017 (4:57 PM).
            Smash Brony's Avatar
            Smash Brony Smash Brony is offline
            Cool Dude
               
              Join Date: Oct 2016
              Location: Ponyville
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 74
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
              Slowbro is one of those Pokemon that can delay its Mega Evolution to take advantage of its base form's ability:
              -Calm Mind
              -Scald
              -Psyshock/Iron Defense
              -Slack Off
              Nature: Bold
              EVs: 248 HP/80 Def/180 SDef
              Item: Slowbronite
              Ability: Regenerator
              Thanks, that is very helpful!
              But now I have a different question:
              A Pokémon with a base speed of 145 (like Mega Sceptile) will have a speed stat of 427 with a speed positive nature with max speed IVs & EVs at Lvl.100.
              But if it comes out while Sticky Web is active, it's speed will drop one stage.
              My understanding is that a one stage drop is listed as 2/3, which is equal to x0.66 & 427 x 0.66 is 281.82 & since the Pokémon games drops the numbers after the decimal, it becomes 281.
              & Then a Pokémon with a base speed stat of 80 (like Kabutops) will have the speed stat of 284 at Lvl.100 with a speed positive with max speed IVs & EVs.
              So if my calculations are correct, Kabutops can outspeed Mega Sceptile with Sticky Web's help.
              I'm not sure if I've done this correctly, so if someone could verify this, that'd be greatly appreciated.
              (P.S.
              I don't plan to do this exact match up, just giving some examples...)
                #611    
              Old March 9th, 2017 (11:30 AM).
              NamesAMX's Avatar
              NamesAMX NamesAMX is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2017
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 14
                Got a timid Cresselia. Since I got it a while ago and can't soft reset to when I first caught it, I think I can put it to use.
                Is timid Cresselia viable? What moveset should it have?
                  #612    
                Old March 9th, 2017 (1:24 PM).
                wolf's Avatar
                wolf wolf is online now
                • Super Moderator
                • Battle Server Staff
                • Crystal Tier
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2008
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 8,072
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Angelroid View Post
                Decidueye
                Lycanroc
                Alolan Muk
                Clefable
                Golisopod
                Chansey

                I need move sets, 3 are OU mon's.
                Spoiler:
                Decidueye @ Decidium Z
                Ability: Overgrow
                EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                Jolly Nature
                - Swords Dance
                - Spirit Shackle
                - Leaf Blade
                - Sucker Punch

                Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
                Ability: Steadfast
                EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                Jolly Nature
                - Stone Edge
                - Stealth Rock
                - Taunt
                - Accelerock / Crunch

                Lycanroc isn't good in OU. Suicide lead is probably the most useful set for it. Azelf probably does that job better. Nonetheless, you could attempt an SD set:

                Lycanroc @ Life Orb
                Ability: Sand Rush
                EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                Jolly Nature
                - Swords Dance
                - Stone Edge
                - Accelerock
                - Fire Fang

                With that, you're better off with Terrakion, Mega Aerodactyl, or Minior.

                Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
                Ability: Poison Touch
                EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
                Adamant Nature
                - Knock Off
                - Pursuit
                - Poison Jab
                - Shadow Sneak

                Clefable @ Leftovers
                Ability: Magic Guard
                EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
                Calm Nature
                - Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
                - Moonblast
                - Soft-Boiled
                - Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Flamethrower

                Golisopod @ Leftovers / Choice Band / Life Orb
                Ability: Emergency Exit
                EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
                Adamant Nature
                - First Impression
                - Liquidation
                - Leech Life
                - Aqua Jet / Spikes

                Buzzwole, Mega Scizor, Pheromosa, and Mega Beedrill are better options. You could give Golisopod a try anyway.

                Chansey @ Eviolite
                Ability: Natural Cure
                EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
                Bold Nature
                - Soft-Boiled
                - Seismic Toss
                - Stealth Rock
                - Aromatherapy

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by NamesAMX View Post
                Got a timid Cresselia. Since I got it a while ago and can't soft reset to when I first caught it, I think I can put it to use.
                Is timid Cresselia viable? What moveset should it have?
                Bold nature is preferable, but Timid nature is the second best nature. You can use any moveset that has Bold with Timid Cress. However, full-on defensive Cress may not be effective with Timid. Dual screens and CM should be fine.

                Cresselia @ Light Clay
                Ability: Levitate
                EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                Timid Nature
                - Light Screen
                - Reflect
                - Lunar Dance
                - Moonblast

                Cresselia @ Leftovers
                Ability: Levitate
                EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
                Timid Nature
                - Calm Mind
                - Psyshock
                - Moonblast
                - Moonlight

                You could move more Speed EVs to Defense. Here are the RU Speed tiers. For reference, Cress has the same Speed as Articuno, Qwilfish, and Sawk.
                __________________

                PC League // Battle Server
                credit to Fairy for the Suicune sprite
                  #613    
                Old March 9th, 2017 (10:11 PM). Edited March 10th, 2017 by Angelroid.
                Angelroid's Avatar
                Angelroid Angelroid is offline
                Sun X
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                  Location: Canada
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 364
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by wolf View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Decidueye @ Decidium Z
                  Ability: Overgrow
                  EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                  Jolly Nature
                  - Swords Dance
                  - Spirit Shackle
                  - Leaf Blade
                  - Sucker Punch

                  Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
                  Ability: Steadfast
                  EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                  Jolly Nature
                  - Stone Edge
                  - Stealth Rock
                  - Taunt
                  - Accelerock / Crunch

                  Lycanroc isn't good in OU. Suicide lead is probably the most useful set for it. Azelf probably does that job better. Nonetheless, you could attempt an SD set:

                  Lycanroc @ Life Orb
                  Ability: Sand Rush
                  EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
                  Jolly Nature
                  - Swords Dance
                  - Stone Edge
                  - Accelerock
                  - Fire Fang

                  With that, you're better off with Terrakion, Mega Aerodactyl, or Minior.

                  Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
                  Ability: Poison Touch
                  EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
                  Adamant Nature
                  - Knock Off
                  - Pursuit
                  - Poison Jab
                  - Shadow Sneak

                  Clefable @ Leftovers
                  Ability: Magic Guard
                  EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
                  Calm Nature
                  - Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
                  - Moonblast
                  - Soft-Boiled
                  - Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Flamethrower

                  Golisopod @ Leftovers / Choice Band / Life Orb
                  Ability: Emergency Exit
                  EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
                  Adamant Nature
                  - First Impression
                  - Liquidation
                  - Leech Life
                  - Aqua Jet / Spikes

                  Buzzwole, Mega Scizor, Pheromosa, and Mega Beedrill are better options. You could give Golisopod a try anyway.

                  Chansey @ Eviolite
                  Ability: Natural Cure
                  EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
                  Bold Nature
                  - Soft-Boiled
                  - Seismic Toss
                  - Stealth Rock
                  - Aromatherapy
                  I'm here for using Minior in Lycanroc place, Mega Scizor/Mega Beedrill for Golisopod place.
                    #614    
                  Old March 10th, 2017 (9:00 PM).
                  wolf's Avatar
                  wolf wolf is online now
                  • Super Moderator
                  • Battle Server Staff
                  • Crystal Tier
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2008
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 8,072
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Angelroid View Post
                  I'm here for using Minior in Lycanroc place, Mega Scizor/Mega Beedrill for Golisopod place.
                  Here you go then.

                  Spoiler:
                  Minior @ White Herb
                  EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
                  Jolly Nature
                  - Shell Smash
                  - Acrobatics
                  - Stone Edge
                  - Earthquake

                  Scizor @ Scizorite
                  Ability: Light Metal
                  EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
                  Impish Nature
                  - Swords Dance
                  - Roost
                  - Bullet Punch
                  - U-turn

                  Beedrill @ Beedrillite
                  Ability: Swarm
                  EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
                  Jolly Nature
                  - U-turn
                  - Poison Jab
                  - Knock Off
                  - Drill Run
                  __________________

                  PC League // Battle Server
                  credit to Fairy for the Suicune sprite
                  Closed Thread

                  Quick Reply

                  Join the conversation!

                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:54 AM.