• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What current generation feature would work well in an older Pokémon game?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
What current generation feature would work well in an older Pok?mon game?

There's a few cute features in Gens 6 and 7 that I really wish had been incorporated into Sinnoh's Amity Square, like Pok?mon-Amie and Pok? Rides. I always loved the Amity square idea but it was pretty poorly executed because of just how little there is to do once you're there, and the addition of some modern generation minigames would have been a big help.

(Pok?mon-Amie and Amity square even sound alike. Sinnoh remake with that feature confirmed????)

Anyways, what modern generation feature(s) do you think would have a place in older games, and why?

Years
I don't think it'd be particularly difficult to incorporate something like Poke Ride into an older generation game, right? It really depends on how old a generation we're talking about here though; I imagine Gen I would look really ugly with the player character on top of a Pokemon sprite. Maybe Gen II would look better.

Pokemon-Amie/Pokemon Refresh would be more than doable, I think. The way I'm imagining it, you can bring up the menu, go to Pokemon-Amie/Pokemon Refresh, and it'll bring up a somewhat large sprite version of the first Pokemon in your party. Think of something designed akin to Pikachu's mood thing in Pokemon yellow except full-screen and you can interact with the Pokemon however you like.

Permanent TMs is another feature that should've existed since Gen I and I have no idea why it took Game Freak until Gen V to make them permanent. You have no idea how much stress I went through deciding which Pokemon should be taught which TM. x.x

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Permanent TMs is another feature that should've existed since Gen I and I have no idea why it took Game Freak until Gen V to make them permanent. You have no idea how much stress I went through deciding which Pokemon should be taught which TM. x.x

I agree, that was a nice feature that should be in all Pokemon games

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I would have loved to see Soaring in any of the previous games. ORAS's rendition of it did kind of require 3D, but I think a passable 2D version of it could have been pulled off, and I'd have loved to soar over Unova or Johto.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Considering how many cool hacks there are that use different custom biome tiles based on the Gen 3 tileset (snowy, desert, etc) I would have loved to see seasons in the Gen 3 games to see what Game Freak could have done with that concept.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
The option of putting a newly caught or obtained Pokémon in a box or in your party is amazing and I am really missing it when I play older generation games now. That should've been there from the moment it was possible to program.

Back