• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Nova Luna - V5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Looks good from what I can see. Can't wait for Beta 4 now haha! How far into the game will beta 4 go?
You'll be able to play until the third gym, once you got the third badge, there's nothing left today. You can of course catch all remaining Pokémon and train them, but I won't recommend the latter because you'll easily take away the challenge of beta 5+ ;)
Thanks!

Looks very nice cant wait to try it out :)
Thank you.

So in order to get this Beta I must download 400+ MB from 4shared which give you a maximum of 20 KB/s which means I must download about 7 hours???????????

Why not upload at mediafire? :/
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Mediafire has an upload limit of 200 MB so I can't upload it there. I've found an other host though, so beta 4 will be uploaded there. I will also make seperate versions, one with animated sprites and the other without. Sorry!

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Spoiler:

fullmoon_update_by_p_sign-d5d6fql.png

One Pokémon left to reveal! It will be revealed on September 16th, just like the new storyline.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I suggest that you use a different encryption other than the default built-in one. (To prevent people like 14sz from stealing your game)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Looking good.Cant wait to decrypt this heh heh. im not joking. I will have my revenge P-Sign

The work is done. You want proof or what?
You must be very proud of yourself. I mean, even the most experienced hackers can't decrypt archives encrypted with RMXP's built-in encryptor. It's not like there are tools to do the dirty work for you either.

I suggest that you use a different encryption other than the default built-in one. (To prevent people like 14sz from stealing your game)
Figured that much ;)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I wanted to chat with the community for a while now, and this is possible on the new site of Pokémon Deep Balance, www.pokemondeepbalance.tk . On 9/9/2012, you'll be able to chat with me from 12.00 GMT+2 to 16.00 GMT+2. If you can't find the chatbox, check out the bottom-right corner. Have you got any questions regarding the game? Need some help developing a Pokémon game of your own? Be sure to post your questions, I will try to answer them all!

The new website will contain screenshots, artwork, video's, Let's Plays, in-depth information on the storyline, detailed biographies of the main characters, guides to help you on your journey, nearly everything! The site is, just like the game itself, not complete yet, so some information is missing right now.

See you tomorrow!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I'm starting to think of releasing the game without animated sprites but with static sprites. The pros are that it takes less time to upload and download it. What do you think? Should I release it without animated sprites?

Also, two days left 'till September 16th. Excited? I sure am xD

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
NEWMOONUPDATE

As promised, updates!

pokemon_nova_luna_by_p_sign-d5ez8vk.png

I have decided to change the name of Deep Balance to Pok?mon Nova Luna. This fits better with the new storyline I have in mind and sounds better too!

meet_the_professor_by_p_sign-d5ezasy.png

This little screenshot shows the local Professor, Professor Ringo. It is the first real custom sprite in the game. Thanks to the awesome Kid1513 for spriting it and to Ollyheid for designing the character!

The opening post got updated as well. Including a whopping 12 new screenshots!
Spoiler:

Well, that's it for now. I am going to send the game to my Beta Tester who will also fix all grammar and spelling issues. Afterwards I'll send it to a few people who wanted to do a Let's Play of it and then the community will be able to play!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Just a heads-up on release 1 of Nova Luna: I'm going to delay it. Reason is that not all sprites have been done yet and putting a lot of pressure on my spriter isn't exactly a good idea in my opinion. Also, there are probably quite a few errors left; thanks to Cng a good amount of them have been removed and as far as I know the first part of the game up to the first gym doesn't contain any bugs or errors.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Opening post has been updated once more and now includes a more recent version of the storyline:

pokemon_nova_luna_by_p_sign-d5ez8vk.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see."

The Beginning
The Lurna Region: A region full of exotic monsters known as Pokémon. Humankind plays with them, battles with them against others and helps each other. There was always a balance between Pokémon and the humans. Pokémon were a major part of everyday live. Tournaments were held for the best "Pokémon Trainers". There were no problems in the world, aside from evil organizations and bad willing people wanting to use Pokémon to accomplish their goals. The world has been terrorized by the Pokémon-stealing gang Team Rocket, the continents have almost been changed by Team Magma and Team Aqua, a whole new world would have been created if Team Galactic had achieved their goals, an evil man would have dictated the world if his plan had succeeded… All these people have been stopped. Stopped, by a young, talented boy or girl with a passion for Pokémon. Now is the time for such a person to rise. Again.

The Adventure
Our hero is a teenager living in the calm Neta Village. Our protagonist isn't the ordinary teenager though: His dad, a generous man admired by many, is one of the best Pokémon Trainers in the region. He has developed a strong bond with his Pokémon and made his way to the finals of the Pokémon League in the year 2017. He managed to win the tournament, not because of the raw power his Pokémon had, but because of their bond, stronger than diamond. He was The Champion for about a year. In 2018 he had to defend his title in the final of the Pokémon League. To everyone's surprise, businessman Duncan made it to the final battle. Duncan was known to be a decent Pokémon trainer, but good enough to come this far? The region was excited to see our hero's dad and Duncan go to the peak of Mount Vibal, Hawk's Peak, a legendary peak in the Vibal Mountain Range where Pokémon battles have been held for over a decade. Many Trainers became a legend on this peak.
This time, however, is different. Not in the way the battle went, it was very close. Duncan was holding its own against our hero's dad. No, it was different in the way it ended…
The Lurna Region has changed. All you see is peace, but that is a mere shadow from the truth. Fear, crime, danger: It's everywhere. Yet you do not see it. No one sees it.
Our hero emerges from the shadows of his or her father when he and Duncan disappear. Travelling through the whole Lurna Region, our protagonist embarks on a journey. Bigger than he or she would have imagined.
On his adventure, our hero has to find out what in the world happened to his dad and his challenger. Defeat gyms, unravel mysteries and rescue your father. But watch out, as no one knows what awaits in the shadows…

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
looked it over and -gasp- NO ABSOL!? will thre be a national dex after you finish? i dont like being restricted :(

Years
I really like this game bro I really do, but one question though, why the hell would u not use a Electivire or Rhypherior. Why man, why?

And also, why no Pikachu bro, I think u should also main pokemon from the anime.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Excellent RPG, I love the story and the graphics. I will follow this RPG developing (bad english, I know, sorry xD)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
center_tours_by_p_sign-d5iwhkd.png

"Welcome to Pokémon Center Tours. Today we are going to give you a tour through the Pokémon Center. You have to take part young trainer, because sadly enough, I'm standing in front of the desk so you cannot talk to the nurse and thus you are not able to heal these Pokémon of yours. And even though you are playing a fangame and barely any people new to the franchise are going to play this, you are still going to have to click through lots and lots of dialogue. Without a way to skip this or speed it up. THATS FUN AMIRIGHT"

Finally found some good Pokémon Center tiles, thanks to Lemon. The new Pokémon Center looks exactly the same as the HGSS Pokémon Center (bar the Mart Clerk standing on the second floor and the different region map) so you are familiar with it ;)

In the meantime I am working on the fourth gym. Good chance the next release will be up to the fourth gym instead of the third!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
In case anyone here is still interested in the game, this is what I've been doing while waiting for the sprites to be finished:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Still no reply? I am starting to think PC is not interested in Nova Luna anymore :/

Well, aaaanyway, I've got something new for you:
Spoiler:

Have fun guessing what will be revealed soon :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back