• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfsf11

But I don't think they will make much difference, they will just be regarded as rare Pokemon you can get later in the game, & getting them depends on whether I want a pure fire/grass/water type in my team or not, I mean you would obviously choose a hybrid over a pure right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't think protagonist artwork would really need an international announcement, though. :(

It seems like everything will be an international announcement at this point; the only thing we didn't get at the same time was Sylveon because that was leaked a little early in Japan, and the names of Xerneas and Ylveltal a little early outside of Japan.

Protagonist artwork by itself may not warrant an entire announcement, but I think it may be what Masuda is revealing. If the protagonists' artwork doesn't match up to the 3D models we saw in the trailer (with glasses, for example) then it could lead into a reveal of customizable protagonists, if that is happening. Or it could even be the region map--something that we usually get early on that we haven't gotten this time around.

I'm sure the card the Smash cast was holding was the official artwork of the new Pokémon. I'm excited to see what it is! I'm thinking it might be this gen's electric rodent, or another "cute" "mascot" like Minccino. It may be the basic bird but usually that's revealed alongside the basic rodent. And I'm really hoping it's not another Eevee evolution. But that's always a possibility.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I would love secondary starters!
But I don't think they will make much difference, they will just be regarded as rare Pokemon you can get later in the game, & getting them depends on whether I want a pure fire/grass/water type in my team or not, I mean you would obviously choose a hybrid over a pure right?

It only mentions that the first form is pure grass/fire/water. The evolutions would possibly have different types.

It hardly matters though since it's obviously fake.

I'm sure the card the Smash cast was holding was the official artwork of the new Pokémon.

What are you talking about? They were holding a card with a question mark on it. I don't see the connection between a generic question mark and official pokemon artwork.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What are you talking about? They were holding a card with a question mark on it. I don't see the connection between a generic question mark and official pokemon artwork.

Behind the question mark would be the official art work. Its the same exact thing I said when I posted that there were three different cardboard cards. Two have colored backgrounds, one red the other blue, and the ? on it. Both are covering what is really on those cards.

We know we are getting a new 3D image as that was the third image shown. One of the two covered cards is most likely the official artwork.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Here are my guesses on the announcement: another eeveelution being a new type( sound type and sylveon light), mewtwo's new form( seems to be hinted by nintendo in the new movie), or just a pokemon of a new type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A second eevolution is possible, we still have time before the movie short too...and Sylveon's method and type has yet to be revealed...they could reveal that info together with the info with this one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Honestly I would LOVE a second set of starters soooo much so I hope that rumour is true. I mean I really hoped it from the start ;_; PLEASE GF. PLEASE.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Well I think we'll get to see the small, cute event legendary. You know, just like Victini and Jirachi.
And is.it just me who sees something above the questionmark from the battle screen? looks like 2 gray ears...

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Hopefully its an evo or pre-evo of an existing pokemon. I love pre-evos and evos of existing pokemon. If the grey ears thing is true, could be a purugly evolution? idk.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want it to have an evolution so I hope so :3 .
Mightyena,Absol, and Tropius evos work too (not saying they're grey, I just want evolutions of them this generation).

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I really hope they reveal more than just one pokemon, maybe a family of all 3 evos, or one that looks like a new type ( if there is indeed going to be a new type)

Years
I'm guessing its going to be one pokemon, that's probably going to be really relevant towards something, a regional map and maybe minor details. I just can't seem them revealing a regional bug and leaving it at that. They seem to be hyping it up a bit.

blue

gucci
Years
It must be a Pokemon playing a major role in the game given the amount of publicisation it has gained, perhaps the third legendary counterpart to Yveltal & Xerneas?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Or the unexpected: Ruby/Sapphire remakes! Blue box is Sapphire and red box Is Ruby.
I know its not going to happen since we have to wait after the releases of X and Y.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hopefully its an evo or pre-evo of an existing pokemon. I love pre-evos and evos of existing pokemon. If the grey ears thing is true, could be a purugly evolution? idk.

I want it to have an evolution so I hope so :3 .
Mightyena,Absol, and Tropius evos work too (not saying they're grey, I just want evolutions of them this generation).

We have a better chance of a brand new Pokemon rather than an addition to an existing right now. We got Sylveon last time and it wasn't announced albeit hinted at. Since this one is just "NEW POKEMON!" Its most likely a new Pokemon.

I really hope they reveal more than just one pokemon, maybe a family of all 3 evos, or one that looks like a new type ( if there is indeed going to be a new type)

There was only one battle screen so chance are its either a stage to one family or a single stage Pokemon.

I'm guessing its going to be one pokemon, that's probably going to be really relevant towards something, a regional map and maybe minor details. I just can't seem them revealing a regional bug and leaving it at that. They seem to be hyping it up a bit.

It must be a Pokemon playing a major role in the game given the amount of publicisation it has gained, perhaps the third legendary counterpart to Yveltal & Xerneas?

First Pokemon revealed for Black and White played no major part in the games at all. Some of the leaks after that were just random Pokemon that didn't have any major focus. We already got the big guys out, Starters, Legends and a Movie focus, so this can be any random Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It could really be anything. I kinda hope for some random interesting Pokemon that isnt an early bird/bug/rodent.

Years
Do you guys remember when black and white was just being announced? Yeah, Zoroark was revealed as a silhouette. So maybe this is a Pokemon that plays some big role in the game or future movies. That's what I think. I hope it's a cool looking Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back