• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could design a new look for PC

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I like the black themes because it matches my desktop and windows setups. Although I probably would change the format a little bit because I always feel many elements are too large and make it tough to see a thread without scrolling a lot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like the black themes because it matches my desktop and windows setups. Although I probably would change the format a little bit because I always feel many elements are too large and make it tough to see a thread without scrolling a lot.
You mean stuff like buttons and pictures are too large?

it would look like light mode discord
Hired.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
You mean stuff like buttons and pictures are too large?

It is hard to explain, but I usually reduce scale of webpages by around 20% for my own preference.

But then on here the avatars and signatures can be large in threads, and the box containing the avatar and username extends across the entire page width, as opposed to being some kind of more efficient format, like made into a smaller square section that could have post content text compressed around it to the left and below, if that makes any sense with my weird description lol.
Like I mean the way that username and avatar headers are presented above posts.

But that could be an issue with the theme I am using and not others, seeing as I have not tried many others.

Like this:

1.png

is the normal one I am using, but it could be more like:

2.png

Excuse lazy bad edit, I am multitasking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It is hard to explain, but I usually reduce scale of webpages by around 20% for my own preference.

But then on here the avatars and signatures can be large in threads, and the box containing the avatar and username extends across the entire page width, as opposed to being some kind of more efficient format, like made into a smaller square section that could have post content text compressed around it to the left and below, if that makes any sense with my weird description lol.
Like I mean the way that username and avatar headers are presented above posts.

But that could be an issue with the theme I am using and not others, seeing as I have not tried many others.

Like this:

1.png

is the normal one I am using, but it could be more like:

2.png

Excuse lazy bad edit, I am multitasking.
Ohh but there is such a style! Just head to Options and choose Legacy post information style (or maybe it's called "show post information to the Left")

Also disable signatures unless you have already. They just get in the way! :) You can also uncheck to display stuff like join date, post count, location etc to save even more space.

0DPoybf.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020

Dude this is so much better, changing the post display style to display info to the left of post, I did not even realise it was in the settings. I'm out of touch with forums lol. Telling me that has made my experience like 300% better lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Another enlightened soul has discovered Legacy style. Now I'm off to make don and erica use Dark Discord!

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I would include a design of the protagonists of the various main series games in order to attract a more varied audience.

Years
No joke, I would go with a default vBulletin style board circa 2003 with a forced legacy postbit. Maybe give the option of like 6 different color schemes to choose from, but no further customization beyond that.

This kinda feels like a "back in my day" post, but at some point, it'll stop being old and start being retro and nostalgic, and everyone will want to use it!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
No joke, I would go with a default vBulletin style board circa 2003 with a forced legacy postbit. Maybe give the option of like 6 different color schemes to choose from, but no further customization beyond that.

This kinda feels like a "back in my day" post, but at some point, it'll stop being old and start being retro and nostalgic, and everyone will want to use it!

Never be ashamed of being old :P In fact, take pride in being an old fart since those young whippersnappers will never understand what it was like to post on a Forum. They see the likes of Discord and Cell Phones and be like... whats a Forum?

I wouldn't mind a Legacy style honestly, although if I was designing it, It'd be Kanto and Alolan Vulpix :)

Back